Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flower Kings Appreciation Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 418419420421422 486>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
goodguyjorge View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodguyjorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2014 at 20:48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CI-8jyzL_M
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2014 at 23:08
Someone called Tuxon, posted a great song by KAIPA "Total Förvirring" from "Solo" album 1978" here on this forum topic http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=88957&PID=5072869#5072869
hugs Hug
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 04:04
I`ve still totally unsure why I`ve no interest in any form of music lately its just been none listening to music, which if I`m remembering right has never in my lifetime applied to me listening to PROG ever... help me oh great prog god of the skies yes please more help is needed to re- lighten my total PROG MUSIC....
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infandous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2014 at 08:23
Well, I'm actually considering RosFest for the first time ever.  I'm not a fan of Enchant, but the rest of the bands I wouldn't mind seeing live (there are 4 I'm not familiar with at all, which can sometimes be a good thing).  Glass Hammer, Heliopolis and Spock's Beard are the ones I'm most interested in seeing, but Haken and Abel Ganz are two I'd like to see as well.  I've never been interested in RosFest before due to their heavy neo-prog lineups and the fact that Nearfest was an annual tradition (can't really afford two prog fests in the same year).  However, RosFest is now the only one near me (ProgDay is not too far away, but I always seem to have something going on over Labor Day weekend, so I've never made it to that one), only an hours drive from my house.

I realize most people that post here are UK based, but what about you Tom?  You thinking of maybe going to this?  Any other US members going?
Roland113 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roland113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2014 at 12:26
Aw shoot, I'm always thinking about it.  the Neo focus has never been a problem for me and I'd love to see The Beard again.  I don't think it's in the cards this year though.  Cash strapped, but if something changes, I'll let you know Mike.
-------someone please tell him to delete this line, he looks like a noob-------

I don't have an unnatural obsession with Disney Princesses, I have a fourteen year old daughter and coping mechanisms.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2014 at 09:27
well I`m playing Fish`s a feast of consequences, IMHO his greatest album to date...

Music Is Live

<
Roj View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2014 at 05:35
The festival sounds great guys, if I lived in your neck of the woods I'd be there for sure.

Tomorrow night it's an Ozric Tentacles gig for me, the first time I've seen them live - really looking fwd to it. Then on Saturday I'm off to see Ian Boddy and Mark Shreeve's ARC. They are Berlin School electronic with a modern twist. Again, a gig I'm really looking forward to.

Edited by Roj - November 10 2014 at 05:37
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2014 at 10:11
have a great time a the shows where class for you. I`ve been doing the music class of the past:
Marillion= SFAJT, MP + SE
Yes= CTTE, TFTO + GFTO
Spock`s Beard= TL, BOS, V + DTTAH
The Flower Kings= SR, FP, BITWOA + SWA
Genesis= FT, TP, TLLDOB, NC + WAW
Fish= VIAWOM + AFOC

now IMHO that's total PROG...LOL

Music Is Live

<
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infandous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2014 at 09:56
Originally posted by Roj Roj wrote:

The festival sounds great guys, if I lived in your neck of the woods I'd be there for sure.

Tomorrow night it's an Ozric Tentacles gig for me, the first time I've seen them live - really looking fwd to it. Then on Saturday I'm off to see Ian Boddy and Mark Shreeve's ARC. They are Berlin School electronic with a modern twist. Again, a gig I'm really looking forward to.

Still not sure if I'm going, but I'd like toThumbs Up

Those shows sound great........I actually have a Mark Shreeve album, his first I believe (something about war, if I recall).  Ozrics albums don't really do a lot for me, as they all seem interchangeable, however, I've always thought they'd be a fantastic band to see live.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2014 at 11:52
ah is there a better ways to for fill your own inner childlike moments without looking foolish will within the musical indispensable enthusiastic extremely seeking the stimulant of becoming within consciousness, or to put it simply become as one with the music. I`ve found the best way for the consciousness for me. which happens only a few times, which is fill the 5cd`s player turn on some fairy lights on the main light off and headphones on lie on the bed, door closed and drop out of my inner body... with PROG... 
the albums which have worked for me are:
Yes TFTO
King Crimson RED
The Flower Kings FP ( disc one)  

See if it works for you?...

Music Is Live

<
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infandous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2014 at 10:55
Originally posted by geekfreak geekfreak wrote:

ah is there a better ways to for fill your own inner childlike moments without looking foolish will within the musical indispensable enthusiastic extremely seeking the stimulant of becoming within consciousness, or to put it simply become as one with the music. I`ve found the best way for the consciousness for me. which happens only a few times, which is fill the 5cd`s player turn on some fairy lights on the main light off and headphones on lie on the bed, door closed and drop out of my inner body... with PROG... 
the albums which have worked for me are:
Yes TFTO
King Crimson RED
The Flower Kings FP ( disc one)  

See if it works for you?...

I already know those 3 albums work for me geekfreek!  Great choices.  This reminds me, I still don't own a copy of Red after mine got destroyed some 15 years ago!  Gotta get that one again.......though my all time favorite Crimson album of them all is Lark's Tongues in Aspic.  Garden Of Dreams though, is still my favorite prog epic of all time!
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2014 at 13:24
both of those are also my own favourites of mine Lark`s/ Garden Of Dreams... the others I`ve been looking forward to the consciousness are:
Marillion = MC
Transatlanic = TW
The Flower Kings = SWA ( title track )

we`ll gatherer more from this interest yes... 

Music Is Live

<
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2014 at 13:59
TFTO - The lyrics....
Will we reach.....Winds Allow......Other skylines....Other skylines to hold you.....perfect music to accompany the Philae Lander as it gently settles on a comet some - 300 million+ miles from this little blue orb - What times we live in - Rejoice homo-sapiens.....and wonder at such wonder...suppose Morse will still be bigging up his imaginary friend somewhere with all the other numpties....
I just am flabbergasted (still) on pondering such an audacious project..... 
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2014 at 09:32
we`ve all from time to time have a needed to seek the help to hold on to keep your darkest times, you as for God or ? which you feel isn't a God well its like now in my life isn't that good as its a sad time as my wife`s father passed away today so we both need someone to aid us hold it together... I`ve even taken to the headphones to hide away for a short time, its the way I`ve self helped myself with a halo of musical up lifting me,  

Music Is Live

<
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2014 at 13:41
We all fear death I suppose, but to suddenly believe in an invisible friend even in the darkest hours is a very strange notion to me....Life is for living and unfortunately crushing misfortune is common place in the world, I feel for those I personally know who suffer personal tragedy - but how can I feel for the tragedy that is felt by the millions I don't know...As Twelfth night sang - "She reads about a will to power in papers full of lies. She hears that every time she breathes some foreign kiddy dies!"
I just attempt to make the people who I love feel safe as I can...what more can I do!
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2014 at 00:10
live is for living but if you do or you don't Believe in a GOD, that's down to each and every one of us...  

Music Is Live

<
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2014 at 04:06
Aye - it's up to the individual I suppose but those who believe cannot complain when somebody kills in the name of their (personal) god - because if you're religious you are part of the problem and not the solution!Stern Smile
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2014 at 14:02
that's an ok`ish half baked one foot in foot out that's the easy one...

Music Is Live

<
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2014 at 14:24
Anyway - have you listened to England - Garden Shed - I did tonight and it's a FANTASTIC cd - quirky English prog - you can't beat IT !!!
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2014 at 00:27
yep its superb,  

Music Is Live

<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 418419420421422 486>