Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flower Kings Appreciation Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 480481482483484 486>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2022 at 10:42
Originally posted by infandous infandous wrote:

So I pre-ordered from Laser's Edge, which has a release date of March 25th.  I assumed when I pre-ordered it that that was the official release date, and maybe it is for the USA.  Still, it seems people have had the album for a couple weeks already, that ordered it direct from Roine or other Euro outlets.  I don't really care, as I'm not in any big hurry to hear it, though I think it is more than a little strange that the US release is almost a month later than the rest of the world.  I don't order direct from Roine because it's seems like a ridiculous amount of money to pay, even if I do get it earlier.  In any case, I haven't heard a note, but am looking forward to hearing it later this month.

In the past couple years I have not ordered from Roine direct as the postage is cra-cra from across the pond. I always wait for Laser's Edge to post it, much more reasonable. Same thing I did with Marillion new album, ordering from marillion.com was gonna be like US$70 for the LP version, nuts. I bought it from The InGroove in Phoenix for $35 delvd no sales tax...
I think the lag time in "release date" is because of how long shipping takes from European pressing plants (CD and LP) to the US/Canada.
I'm in no rush either.....I've had mine on pre-order since announcement.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2022 at 16:20
Arrived today from Laser's Edge, 3-LP/2-CD, lyric booklet set all housed in a nice slipbox case. As usual, TFK create a very nice presentation. 
Looking forward to diving into this one over the next few days.....(more Flower Kings please!) Clap

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2022 at 09:37
Nobody else has opinions of the new album?? For me I am really digging this one.......
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2022 at 13:25
I like it. There are some really good tracks, and some tracks that feel a bit "forced", or overly complex. Anyway, that's just my opinion.

I've selected my favorite tracks and ordered them to make an alternative LP.

Side A (22:32)
1. World Gone Crazy (5:06)
2. Blinded (7:52)
3. Evolution (4:50)
4. The Big Funk (4:44)

Side B (21:10)
1. Revolution (6:03)
2. The Soldier (5:26)
3. Letter (2:26)
4. Funeral Pyres (7:15)

Total Time 43:42

As you can see, half of the double-album is gone, but this now feels more concise and powerful to me. Also, it would fit on a single vinyl LP (even if I don't really care about that)... Tongue

Edited by projeKct - April 22 2022 at 13:29
yogev View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2022 at 05:46
I didn’t listen to the album yet but I don’t understand why they had to make another double album, that’s three double albums in a row.

I do listened to Island and really enjoyed, so maybe I’ll give the new one a try but the length just turn me off.

The Great Pretender is great track though.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2022 at 13:04
^^/^
Holy krappola people, we are a PROGRESSIVE ROCK MUSIC WEBSITE!! Shocked Everything is looooooooong and multiple sides of LPs or box CDs.

The instant gratification of the world and social media has now leaked into music, we have no patience to sit and listen and soak it all in, ADD has taken over Thumbs Down.

I can't wait for Roine to release an 8-LP set with 4-CDs, of one album.....Bring it on!! Clap 

LOL
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2022 at 09:11
More reissues coming from the boyz.....Roine mentions Stardust We Are and that has already come out as a 3-LP set.....Even though CDs sux LOL, I'm glad he includes them as I can use them to add to my portable players. 

LPs rule with biga$$ gatefolds and pictures!!!! Clap

infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infandous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2022 at 07:55
I have no problem with the double album format.  My problem is the lack of epics!  Still, I do like the new album, but I don't love it.  I still prefer Islands to this one, honestly.  I do need more listens though, as I've only played it through 3 or 4 times.  Overall though, I'm not disappointed.   Bring on the 4 CD long song! LOLWink

Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

^^/^
Holy krappola people, we are a PROGRESSIVE ROCK MUSIC WEBSITE!! Shocked Everything is looooooooong and multiple sides of LPs or box CDs.

The instant gratification of the world and social media has now leaked into music, we have no patience to sit and listen and soak it all in, ADD has taken over Thumbs Down.

I can't wait for Roine to release an 8-LP set with 4-CDs, of one album.....Bring it on!! Clap 

LOL
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2022 at 10:21
Originally posted by infandous infandous wrote:

I have no problem with the double album format.  My problem is the lack of epics!  Still, I do like the new album, but I don't love it.  I still prefer Islands to this one, honestly.  I do need more listens though, as I've only played it through 3 or 4 times.  Overall though, I'm not disappointed.   Bring on the 4 CD long song! LOLWink

^^/^

LOL

I guess for me there is a lot of the catalog that includes plenty 25 min epics. It's nice to have a bit of a change with these shorter songs
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2022 at 13:52
By Royal Decree kicks ass.
The Prog Corner
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2022 at 14:37
Originally posted by miamiscot miamiscot wrote:

By Royal Decree kicks ass.

By Royal Decree, I declare that By Royal Decree kicks ass!!! Clap
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2022 at 09:07
Arrived yesterday from Laser's Edge. Great packaging as normal with these reissued TFK record albums, both never have been released on LP till now.
The added 2022 notes by Roine are a great read.......Hoping more of these come out soon!

This yellow variant is limited to only 500 pressings.

DreamTechPlus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreamTechPlus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2022 at 04:27
It warms my heart to see such love for Flower Kings. I've been in prog communities in the past which have denigrated them and undermined them. These same communities would lionise Tool and Porcupine Tree and, mama, that is not the tea.

I haven't listened to them regularly for some time. I should jump back in.

Love, DreamTechPlus.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2022 at 10:10
Originally posted by DreamTechPlus DreamTechPlus wrote:

It warms my heart to see such love for Flower Kings. I've been in prog communities in the past which have denigrated them and undermined them. These same communities would lionise Tool and Porcupine Tree and, mama, that is not the tea.

I haven't listened to them regularly for some time. I should jump back in.

Love, DreamTechPlus.

482 pages of love here.....Clap. It wanes once in awhile and right now there is a lull, there is not an overwhelming love of the past couple albums. It's been hit or miss for many.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2022 at 02:22
Yes
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
yogev View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2022 at 02:49
wrong band
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2022 at 13:32
Originally posted by yogev yogev wrote:

wrong band
haha

Music Is Live

<
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2022 at 12:21
My passion for getting all the LP releases that Roine is doing continues.....Flower Power arrived today in a wonderful 3-LP/2CD set with some remix versions that Roine is doing. The packaging is great includes a lyric booklet as usual.
Sounds awesome as well!!

geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2022 at 23:49

My passion for getting all the LP releases that Roine is doing continues.....Flower Power arrived today in a wonderful 3-LP/2CD set with some remix versions that Roine is doing. The packaging is great includes a lyric booklet as usual.
Sounds awesome as well!!

My second favourite album by the band.

Music Is Live

<
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2022 at 13:22
It's up there for me as well, I'm hoping soon for A&E......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 480481482483484 486>