Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedShould Geithner be Treasury Secretary?

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Should Geithner be Treasury Secretary?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [12.50%]
3 [37.50%]
0 [0.00%]
4 [50.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should Geithner be Treasury Secretary?
    Posted: January 16 2009 at 07:13
Personally I don't care. What really strikes me is the level of double standard in today's politics. For the past 15 years it has grown significantly. In '92 Bill Clinton was "forgiven" for his marital infidelities and pot smoking while just 5 years before "sins" of this sort ended political careers of Gary Hart and Douglas Ginsburg (Reagan's Supreme Court nominee  who smoked pot in the 60's). I don't even mention Obama as the media is in love with him.
But here we have a guy who underpaid his taxes to lead the IRS. Now he can stop paying taxes altogether? After all, Clinton wasn't allowed to bring in Zoe Baird and Kimba Wood, how is it different from Geithner tax dodging?
fusionfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2009 at 08:14
He shouldn't simply because he's not honest.Moreover dodging taxes when you are quite wealthy is not normal regarding poor people who can't avoid them(so many americans lost their jobs and houses).I agree paying taxes as long as money is well spent inside and outside France but rich people have to make efforts.I know I'm a dreamer since Social Security and Welfare State are being destroyed by our government.The economic crisis shows us that many responsibles have to be punished(Geithner included)but it won't happen:too bad!
I was born in the land of Mahavishnu,not so far from Kobaia.I'm looking for the world

of searchers with the help from

crimson king
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2009 at 11:32
Definitely yes. Who is he, and what is a treasury secretary? Something to do with pirates, eh?
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2009 at 14:06
Originally posted by Vompatti Vompatti wrote:

Definitely yes. Who is he, and what is a treasury secretary? Something to do with pirates, eh?

I think the position has to do something with being the head of the Somali Pirates, arrrrgggh!
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

WinterLight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2009 at 14:51
Originally posted by IVNORD IVNORD wrote:

For the past 15 years it has grown significantly. In '92 Bill Clinton was "forgiven" for his marital infidelities...

There are only two interpretations that give this statement any link with reality.  If it means that Clinton was elected despite concerns about personal conduct, then yes that's true, although somewhat irrelevant to the present case.  The other interpretations is if by "forgiven" we mean "impeached" (I realize that the official premise for impeachment was his lying to Congress, but that entire investigation was inappropriate).
IVNORD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2009 at 18:41
Originally posted by WinterLight WinterLight wrote:

For the past 15 years it has grown significantly. In '92 Bill Clinton was "forgiven" for his marital infidelities...

There are only two interpretations that give this statement any link with reality.  If it means that Clinton was elected despite concerns about personal conduct, then yes that's true, although somewhat irrelevant to the present case.  The other interpretations is if by "forgiven" we mean "impeached" (I realize that the official premise for impeachment was his lying to Congress, but that entire investigation was inappropriate).
If you throw out the rest of the phraze and leave only "forgiven" there will be no interpretation, no link, and no reality left. It's a favorite device of disinformation
BroSpence View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2009 at 00:34
Why give a job to a guy that clearly sucks at regular life, not to mention he works for the same sh*t bank that took our money.  
WinterLight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2009 at 00:44

Originally posted by WinterLight WinterLight wrote:

If you throw out the rest of the phraze and leave only "forgiven" there will be no interpretation, no link, and no reality left. It's a favorite device of disinformation

Not sure what you mean here.
manofmystery View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2009 at 01:28

NO, I should be Treasury Secretary

Time always wins.
 Post Reply Post Reply