Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHumus for PA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Humus for PA
    Posted: January 22 2009 at 14:51
Hello PA fellow members

Several months ago  i try to include this wonderful band to PA, i think that they have the potential to be here in PA, but ... nothing happens, so i  would like to suggest HUMUS to PA.

Here´s the info of the band:

Hello i think that Humus deserves to be in Prog Archives, because is a fine progressive mexican band with influences Humus has cut the waters of the underground with the intention of showing ' a road never before taken' and guided by the steering wheel of a guitar that, strong on discipline and continuity, has found its own sound, a sound with trippy and psychedelic reminiscences that make Humus an exceptional group in the national mexican underground.
Humus was founded in 1987 by Jorge Beltran as a one man band, where he played all instruments in home recordings made through the ping pong recording technique. He chose the name "Humus" based the earthy, humus-like sound caused by sound degradation caused by the reduction mixing. During the late 1980s and early 1990s Beltran released five cassettes, causing interest in the underground quarters of Mexico City, where there had been a long history of progressive rock that managed to exist despite all the adversity a Latin American country faces in terms of making independent music business.

They recorded "Tus Oidos Mienten" in June 1992. The album finally gave recording status to Humus, and soon international reviews from the U.S., Germany, France, and in particular from Italy began to emerge, praising the new band from Mexico.
From the second album, called simply Humus (released Dec. 1994), the one man band concept changed to a live performing band, which included old time school friend and bass player Victor Basurto, with whom he had formed their first band, Stomago Sagrado in the late 1970s. Victor had designed the cover for Tus Oidos Mienten, and has been in charge for the art of all recordings both musicians have been involved with ever since.

A third album, Malleus Crease was released in 1995. This album, along with brother Project Frolic Froth 's album Ouroboros were also released in Italy by the D-dabliu label in LP format. Humus 4 degrees, released in 1997, is the band's only album to exist only in CD format, all others were both CD and LP productions.Also in 1997 Humus found themselves in an international tour of England and Italy . In Exeter They recorded an album with American Dave Tor who became singer for the only vocal album ever made by either Jorge or Victor, and for this project a new name was devised: Euphoric Darkness, since it detached completely from the instrumental approach always favoured by Humus. The resulting album was named Colours You Can Hear and only 100 hundred copies were made.

In Pesaro they recorded Humus's fifth album, Whispering Galleries, under the production of Italy's doom metal legend Paul Chain, who also contributed to the album. Three hundred numbered copies were made.

Since 1998 Humus has recorded no less than 5 albums, though none has been released yet. The band continues to be active, though members live in different continents: Jorge Beltran lives in Mexico and Victor Basurto lives in The Netherlands. The manage to continue playing together through the use of the new communication technologies. Because of their limited press runs, Humus albums have been rare, and some of them reach up to US$250 in international distributor listings. However, late in 2006 Smogless Records put out new CD editions of the first three Humus albums, Tus Oidos Mienten, Humus and Malleus Crease.
Country
Mexico. 

Prog genre
Progressive Heavy,Psychedelia

Artist picture

Official Website
http://humusmx.es.tl/HOME.htm
Discography (In a List style not in a Paragraph, Include line up and Year of release)
Discography

Cassettes
Sientate y escucha (1988)
Cero Melodico (1989)
Jardines Colgantes (1989)
Sopa Invisible (1990)
Planepantla (1992)
Line-Up Jorge Beltran All instruments

CD's

Tus Oidos Mienten (1992)
Humus (1994)
Malleus Crease (1995)
Four Degrees (1997)
Whispering Galleries (1999)
Line up: Jorge Beltran (Guitar, Sound Effects, Piano), Victor Basurto (Bass)

Big smile

Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2009 at 08:16
Humus is approved by the psychedelic/space team, Alberto - it won't take long to add them - thanks for the info Smile

Please be patient because we have a huge backlog to handle - and we are not robots Wink

Alberto Muņoz View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2009 at 09:51
Great!!!Smile

Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2009 at 10:15
Do they come with pita chips? Tongue
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2009 at 11:20
Alberto - I found the biography text included in your initial post on Wikipedia - is this written by you originally or by someone else?

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2009 at 11:22
Originally posted by Rivertree Rivertree wrote:

Alberto - I found the biography text included in your initial post on Wikipedia - is this written by you originally or by someone else?

Hello it's written by Jorge Beltran itself, i ask him if we can include in the adition and he said that it would be no problem to use.

Credits to him.Smile

Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2009 at 11:29
Originally posted by Alberto Muņoz Alberto Muņoz wrote:

Originally posted by Rivertree Rivertree wrote:

Hello it's written by Jorge Beltran itself, i ask him if we can include in the adition and he said that it would be no problem to use.

Credits to him.Smile

Okay - I'll care for Humus - it won't be long - you can help, if you want, with adding the albums Smile

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2009 at 14:28

OK

Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2009 at 14:53
Done - HUMUS added Smile

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2009 at 17:54
THANKSClapClapThumbs Up

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2009 at 18:12
ummm.... sounds good...
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
memowakeman View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2009 at 19:10
I had forgotten about them, great to see them in the house now, Anael will be really happy!

Follow me on twitter @memowakeman
 Post Reply Post Reply