Topic ClosedIl Castello di Atlante release new album

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Il Castello di Atlante release new album
    Posted: January 23 2009 at 10:52
Il Castello di Atlante announced the release of their new album, "Capitolo 7: Tra le Antiche Mura."

I haven't been able to find any way to buy the album other than through the website above.  But I'm sure both Greg Walker and Doug Larson will stock it soon.

Here's an excerpt from a review by Richard Zywotkiewicz on ProgressiveWorld.net:

Italian progressive rock has not changed through the years. Like its culture, which is steeped in history, the music is steeped in the classic tradition of prog-rock, which, more so than any other country, borrowed from classical and cultural folk traditions in the first place.

In the case of the fabulous Il Castello Di Atlante, they've been around for decades. Starting during the Classic Prog era, through all the decades of "Neo-Prog" and to the current day, they have continued to record, tour and make waves in the scene.

Their new album, Capitolo 7 - Tra Le Antiche Mura is - to put it simply - their best!

I'm am not kidding when I stand tall and say that Tra Le Antiche Mura is one of the finest releases in symphonic progressive rock in the last few years. Tracks are generally clocking from short instrumentals to 20 minute epics and the CD's playing time is well over an hour.

As I mentioned, the sound and production is excellent, and this particular CD's packaging is also wonderful, with nice artwork and an extensive booklet. If you like classic prog bands like Genesis, Camel, Le Orme, PFM and others who borrowed heavily from the Classical Music canon, this album is a necessary purchase. You can buy the CD directly from the artist's website.

Post Reply Post Reply