Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Proto-Prog and Prog-Related Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFavourite Metallica Album

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Poll Question: What is your favourite Metallica album?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
7 [5.11%]
31 [22.63%]
46 [33.58%]
35 [25.55%]
8 [5.84%]
3 [2.19%]
1 [0.73%]
4 [2.92%]
2 [1.46%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2017 at 17:17

... And Justice For All , closely followed by Ride and Master. I like though all their first 6 albums. Only St. anger is a dud.

Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2017 at 23:44
I used to say Ride The Lightening a lot. Upon revisiting the album not long ago, I only love the opener, Fade to Black and Call of Ktulu. The rest is just 80's Hard Rock.
Death Magnetic, however..........simply AWESOME.
Thatfabulousalien View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2017 at 23:48
Images and Words, Scenes From a Memory or Awake for me :) 
Classical music isn't dead, it's more alive than it's ever been. It's just not on MTV.

https://www.soundcloud.com/user-322914325
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2017 at 00:03
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX2jrWifKak

Motahbrrreth; the saaaaaound of living fast--
I can't take it any other way!

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
DannyVukovic View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2017 at 01:51
For a long time my favourite album was Ride The Lightning then it was The Black Album but now it's Master Of Puppets. And now I'm sure this is their best album. Favourite songs: Battery and Sanitarium.

Edited by DannyVukovic - July 23 2017 at 23:43
Thatfabulousalien View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2017 at 01:52
None
Classical music isn't dead, it's more alive than it's ever been. It's just not on MTV.

https://www.soundcloud.com/user-322914325
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2017 at 03:54
ConfusedConfused only one VOTE!!!!Cry so its between "Puppets and Lighting" and the winner isClapClapMaster Of Puppets Star
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
AZF View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2017 at 04:11
I really love Lulu. Not heard other Metallica albums, but I'm not Trolling.
I think the experiment of the band and Lou Reed worked successfully for me.
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2017 at 22:23
...I can't believe that black album only received 8 votes!!  It got mine, all of the songs are classics.
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2018 at 22:32
Ride the Lightning. It was the most innovative and groundbreaking 
“War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.”

― George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four

"Ignorance and Prejudice and Fear walk Hand in Hand"- Neil Peart

Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2018 at 22:50
Master Of Puppets
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2018 at 22:53
Originally posted by cstack3 cstack3 wrote:

...I can't believe that black album only received 8 votes!!  It got mine, all of the songs are classics.
Well, itīs the album that I think many Metallica fans thought they were betrayed. I loved it immediately when it came and still love it! My favourite Metallica albums are:
1. Master of Puppets
2. ...And Justice For All
3. Metallica
4. St. Anger

Like all the other albums too, Death Magnetic is the only album I canīt listen.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2018 at 23:58
Originally posted by Mortte Mortte wrote:

Well, itīs the album that I think many Metallica fans thought they were betrayed. I loved it immediately when it came and still love it! My favourite Metallica albums are:
1. Master of Puppets
3. Metallica
4. St. Anger

wait... you'd rather listen to St Anger than Kill'em All? 
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2018 at 00:27
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

1. Master of Puppets
3. Metallica
4. St. Anger

Strange lol
“War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.”

― George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four

"Ignorance and Prejudice and Fear walk Hand in Hand"- Neil Peart

Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2018 at 01:01

1. Master of Puppets
3. Metallica
4. St. Anger

Oh Christ, this again...among Metallica fans you seemed not can like St. Anger. I have thought in the first moment Iīve heard it itīs great album. Really I think they did with it a lot better job as in Load or Reload, it has lots in common with Justice for all, not least the very dark atmosphere and really rude sounds that I really love! Of course I like a lot also Kill `em all and Ride the Lightning, but I think in those albums they put out their youth energy, in Masters they mature and made after that those other three great albums. But yes, I am also those who likes Lulu and I am not continuing this, because itīs waste of time. If you donīt understand why I like those Metallica-albums, then you donīt.

Only disappointment I have had with Metallica is Death Magnetic, they have told later they had meetings with Rick Rubin where they tried to find out the deepest substance of Metallica. They tried to make an album what fans wanted and you can really hear it in that album.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2018 at 01:13

1. Master of Puppets
3. Metallica
4. St. Anger

Oh Christ, this again...among Metallica fans you seemed not can like St. Anger. I have thought in the first moment Iīve heard it itīs great album. Really I think they did with it a lot better job as in Load or Reload, it has lots in common with Justice for all, not least the very dark atmosphere and really rude sounds that I really love! Of course I like a lot also Kill `em all and Ride the Lightning, but I think in those albums they put out their youth energy, in Masters they mature and made after that those other three great albums. But yes, I am also those who likes Lulu and I am not continuing this, because itīs waste of time. If you donīt understand why I like those Metallica-albums, then you donīt.

Only disappointment I have had with Metallica is Death Magnetic, they have told later they had meetings with Rick Rubin where they tried to find out the deepest substance of Metallica. They tried to make an album what fans wanted and you can really hear it in that album.

sorry if my question upset you, it's not my intention, I was surprised by your post. 

The youthful energy is the exact reason I enjoy early Metallica.
I agree with what you say about DM, I don't like it that much either, the songs drag a bit. I rarely listen to it.

Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2018 at 02:35

1. Master of Puppets
3. Metallica
4. St. Anger

sorry if my question upset you, it's not my intention, I was surprised by your post. 

I agree with what you say about DM, I don't like it that much either, the songs drag a bit. I rarely listen to it.

Sorry if I was too attacking towards you. I have had a lot of s**te towards me in some other forums with that opinion. I guess there are someones who like also Death Magnetic, thatīs ok to me.

Really loved specially in the youth age all those four first Metallica albums, we used to watch also a lot "Cliff Em all" when we drank beer. But when I have got older, I have also started to respect calmer things also in music, but of course sometimes itīs fun to put some Metallica on and even mosh (not many times, my neck canīt stand it anymore)!
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2018 at 02:46
AJFA is like progressive thrash metal, and thus gets my vote.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2018 at 03:13

1. Master of Puppets
3. Metallica
4. St. Anger

Sorry if I was too attacking towards you. I have had a lot of s**te towards me in some other forums with that opinion. I guess there are someones who like also Death Magnetic, thatīs ok to me.

Really loved specially in the youth age all those four first Metallica albums, we used to watch also a lot "Cliff Em all" when we drank beer. But when I have got older, I have also started to respect calmer things also in music, but of course sometimes itīs fun to put some Metallica on and even mosh (not many times, my neck canīt stand it anymore)!

fukq captcha, I wrote a lot and lost it all. The fact that I always have to save what I write annoys me. I don't know why it did not get posted, it's usually links and emoticons that are the problem but there were none in our posts. 

Anyway, I got no problem with people enjoying albums I don't. But I am surprised when reading positive opinions about St Anger and Lulu. That's all. :)

Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2018 at 03:35
For years it was Ride The Lightning for me, but the verdict is in........
DEATH MAGNETIC !!!!!! From here on out, I doubt they’ll ever better this one in my books. You can actually hear Trujillo, and Lars is on fire. FANTASTIC album   

Edited by Tom Ozric - March 29 2018 at 03:35
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>