Topic ClosedKelly Groucutt, Bassist From ELO Dies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kelly Groucutt, Bassist From ELO Dies
    Posted: February 23 2009 at 11:58

Kelly Groucutt, bassist of the ELO, ELO Part 2 and The Orchestra among other bands, died on the afternoon of Thursday, day 19, suffered a heart attack.

The musician was 62 years and joined the Electric Light Orchestra from 1975 until 1983 and recorded with the band discsFace The Music (1975), A New World Record (1976), Out Of The Blue (1977), Discovery (1979), Time (1981) and Secret Messages (1983).

Between 1988 and 1999 was the turn of the Electric Light Orchestra Part II with the discs Electric Light Orchestra Part Two (1990) Performing ELO's Greatest Hits Live Featuring The Moscow Symphony Orchestra (1992), Moment Of Truth (1994) andOne Night - Live In Australia (1996), the Electric Light Orchestra Part II was a continuation of the Electric Light Orchestra original until disputes over copyright with Jeff Lynne, singer, guitarist and composer's original band made the move to The Orchestra in 2000. Under the new name have two albums in Rewind (2001) and the recent  Live (2008).

On the official site of Kelly Groucutt, informs a communiqué: "It is with great sadness to inform the fans that Kelly Groucutt died on the afternoon of February 19, 2009 of a heart attack. Our hearts and thoughts are with Anna [musician's wife] and family of Kelly. He touched our lives with your love, kindness and generosity as well as his talent for music. "

NE - here is the tribute to one of the great Rock that pass away.

Site - www.kellygroucutt.sitesled.com
Source - www.progshine.com

Edited by ProgShine - February 23 2009 at 11:59
https://progshinerecords.bandcamp.com

VanderGraafKommandöh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2009 at 16:08
Sad news indeed.  My mate likes ELO and he probably has not heard this news yet.

Kelly Groucutt, in pace, requiescat.
ProgShine View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2009 at 21:12
We didn't realize the years passing by, only when this kind of things happen Disapprove
https://progshinerecords.bandcamp.com

Cesar Inca View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2009 at 07:51
That's true, the reality of the passing of time, which includes the end of all things, always passes by our minds. It is in sad moments like this that one is reminded of that.

Kelly had a full life in the realm of art-rock and his work will always be treausred by those who surrendered to the appeal of his bass playing and singing.

Thank you for the music, Kelly.
moodyxadi View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2009 at 23:12
Only TODAY after looking for some boots from my old-love ELo I found this terrible news!

Love Kelly's voice and playing. The way he complemented Lynne's vocals was hypnotic. Their singing was made for each other. And Kelly's lead on live tours was way better than Lynne's, at least alive.

After looking for my fave ELO live album here in PA (it wasn't listed yet) I decided to added it as a tribute to this wonderful bass player and singer. I'll sorely miss you, Mr. Groucutt. Thanx for all your wonderful work for ELO and rock'n'roll.
Bach, Ma, Bros, Déia, Dante.
 Post Reply Post Reply