Topic ClosedTinyfish to release first live DVD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tinyfish to release first live DVD
    Posted: February 26 2009 at 12:50
British band Tinyfish have recently shot their first DVD during their appearance at the first edition of the progressive rock festival, Progrock 2009, which took place in Katowice, Poland on 16-17 February. The fantastic stage at the Wyspianski Theatre has witnessed live shows of many important bands like Pendragon, Credo, Final Conflict, SBB, Satellite, Arena, Landmarq, Galahad, Caamora to name a few. The shows at the theatre are acquiring a cult status among the fans of progressive rock, but also among the Artists themselves - the Wyspianski Theatre turned out to be not only a convenient place for such shows but also a very atmospheric, magical place.

Tinyfish is a four piece band based in South London with a deep and abiding interest in all forms of progressive music. The group formed in 2005 as part of an informal collective of musicians who enjoyed playing the acoustic open mic spots of London. Although profoundly influenced by the UK progressive scene, the band were keen to break from as many of the traditional prog clichés as possible. “I would die of boredom if I thought we were just recycling the songs and sound of the 70’s” said lead singer and songwriter Simon Godfrey. To that end, Tinyfish chose to write and perform without the aid of a keyboard player, using guitar synths, electronic percussion and a myriad of special effects to obtain their distinctively melodic sound. ‘It forces us to think differently and keep away from musical comfort zones’ adds lyricist Robert Ramsay. The band’s self-titled debut album from 2006 received enthusiastic reviews from worldwide media and brought them many devoted fans…
2008 saw the band sign to respected UK progressive label F2 Records. Their first release for the label was a rarities mini-album called “Curious Things”. The band have also begun work upon on their new album “The Big Red Spark”.

2009 appears to be a busy time for the band, with a live album and “The Big Red Spark” to be released this year as also a DVD having been filmed in Poland by Metal Mind Productions. The footage documenting Tinyfish’s great concert at the Wyspiański Theater will feature a selection of the band’s  best songs taken from their previous releases as well as of the tracks which will appear on their forthcoming album.

You can see additional photos on MMP’s official website: http://www.metalmind.com.pl/index.php?dzial=artysci&id=598

The release of the as yet untitled DVD is scheduled for early July. More details will be revealed as the work on the DVD progress.

Metal Mind Productions - Promo Dept.
POLAND
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2009 at 15:21
Let's hope the DVD captures the witty onstage banter between Simon and Leon the drummer.

Er...
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2009 at 07:00
From a press release issued by Metal Mind Productions
------------------

Tinyfish revealed the title of their forthcoming DVD recorded during their appearance at the progressive rock festival, Progrock 2009, which took place in Katowice, Poland on 16-17 February. “One Night On Fire” DVD documenting Tinyfish’s great concert at the Wyspiański Theater will feature a selection of the band’s best songs taken from their previous releases as well as of the tracks which will appear on their forthcoming album. The band is currently working on extra features for the DVD.

---

Simon Godfrey: “In this instance, I'm up to my elbows in a recut Tinyfish documentary for the DVD. It's been loads of fun but as is usual in these kind of situations, it has demanded a lot of my time. In order to improve the picture quality of the documentary, I'm having to entirely re-edit the thing from scratch using a much better bit of video software. My hope is that it will run for about 20 or 30 mins and will contain a significant amount of new footage.
The plan is that the DVD cut should stand alone in its own right and will not be just a repeat of two documentaries which are currently available on You Tube. The DVD documentary will focus on all the different aspects of the band containing (as before) a brief section on how the band was formed, a short profile on each of the guys and material from performing live and working in the studio. We've tried really hard to capture as much footage as we can during the band's existence so there is lots of material to choose from.”

---

DVD will also feature a photo gallery, the band's biography and discography information and more. The release of “One Night On Fire” DVD is scheduled for late June/early July. Full details will be revealed as the work on the DVD progresses.

---

Tinyfish is a four piece band based in South London with a deep and abiding interest in all forms of progressive music. The group formed in 2005 as part of an informal collective of musicians who enjoyed playing the acoustic open mic spots of London. Although profoundly influenced by the UK progressive scene, the band were keen to break from as many of the traditional prog clichés as possible. Tinyfish chose to write and perform without the aid of a keyboard player, using guitar synths, electronic percussion and a myriad of special effects to obtain their distinctively melodic sound. The band’s self-titled debut album from 2006 received enthusiastic reviews from worldwide media and brought them many devoted fans… 2008 saw the band sign to respected UK progressive label F2 Records. Their first release for the label was a rarities mini-album called “Curious Things”. The band have also begun work upon on their new album “The Big Red Spark” which should be released in Autumn.
Websites I work with:

http://www.progressor.net
http://www.houseofprog.com

My profile on Mixcloud:
https://www.mixcloud.com/haukevind/
sigod View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2009 at 11:11
I really am up to my elbows in the recut - Honest! Tongue

As might have been said elsewhere, we had oodles of fun on the night and the Katowice crowd were both enthusiastic and very welcoming.

The post production stuff is now well under way and I am now spending every spare moment I have furiously clicking mouse buttons and drinking entirely too much tea. If Metal Mind are up for it, we hope to also include a commentary track for the gig (which will be a first for both Metal Mind and their long running Katowice series of DVD's). We promise not to get too drunk while we do it...

...okay,we might get a little razzed.
I must remind the right honourable gentleman that a monologue is not a decision.
- Clement Atlee, on Winston Churchill
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2009 at 10:43

Simon Godfrey (photo by Marta Tłuszcz)
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2009 at 16:26

Websites I work with:

My profile on Mixcloud:
JLocke View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2009 at 16:33
I recently got into this band, but already I love what I'm hearing! Well done, sigod!!! Why had I never run into you guys before?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2009 at 09:58
Tinyfish revealed the cover artwork of their “One Night On Fire” DVD. It was designed by Jim Sanders, Tinyfish’s guitarist, who for his day job works as a graphic designer. Jim was also responsible for Tinyfish's album artwork and designed the logo for Marillion’s fanclub ‘The Web’.

The DVD was recorded during the band’s appearance at the progressive rock festival, Progrock 2009, which took place in Katowice, Poland in mid February. It will feature a selection of the band’s best songs taken from their previous releases as well as of the tracks which will appear on their forthcoming album “The Big Red Spark”. The band is currently working on extra features for the DVD.

Metal Mind Productions will release “One Night On Fire” on 29th June in Europe and 11th August in USA (via MVD). DVD will be available in 3 formats: DVD, limited DVD+CD edition, including bonus audio CD with songs recorded during the gig at the theater, and a limited CD digipak. Full track listening to be confirmed soon.

Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2009 at 03:25
New press release from Metal Mind concerning this release:

-----------------------------------------

Tinyfish revealed first details of the contents of their forthcoming DVD - “One Night On Fire”. Recorded in Katowice, Poland on the 16th of February 2009, this DVD captures the band in their element and features material from their trilogy albums (“Tinyfish”, “Curious Things” and “The Big Red Spark”).

The tracklist is as follows:

1. Honey Nut Loops*
2. Motorville
3. The Big Red Spark
4. Build Your Own Enemy
5. Your Scientist*
6. Wide Awake At Midnight
7. Eat The Ashes
8. The Sarcasm Never Stops
9. Ride
10. Driving All Night
11. Too High For Low Company
12. Cinnamon
13. Fly Like A Bird
14. Nine Months On Fire
15. All Hands Lost (Pt1)
16. Tinyfish*
17. All Hands Lost (Pt2)

*Spoken word

The DVD will also include additional video material including interviews and a 25 minute documentary, which follows the band from it's birth as a studio project, through the release of the first two albums, to touring and the recording of the new album “The Big Red Spark”. Full details on the DVD extras to be announced soon.

The band recently appeared at The Peel in London, UK as a support act of The Reasoning. The gig proved that the band is in top form. Those who missed this great show still have a chance to see Tinyfish live. Their next show is scheduled for this Saturday, 2nd May, also at The Peel in London. Blind Ego will headline the night. For full details go here: www.peelmuzik.com.

Regarding the further plans of Tinyfish, Simon Godfrey said: “As for The Big Red Spark. We are still quite a while away from releasing the album as all of our energies are directed towards the completion of the DVD. It is our hope that the album will be completed and released by October/November this year. After that, we plan to put together a short UK/European tour to support the album and then I am going to take a well deserved rest so I can recharge my batteries, look at the clouds and think about writing some more music :-).”

Metal Mind Productions will release “One Night On Fire” in late June/early July (final release date to be confirmed in mid May). DVD will be available in 3 formats: DVD, limited DVD+CD edition, including bonus audio CD with songs recorded during the gig at the theater, and a limited CD digipak.

Websites I work with:

My profile on Mixcloud:
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2009 at 06:39

Big smile

Well, it will sell at least 1 copy.
Jim Garten View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin & Razor Guru

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2009 at 07:07

Make that 2

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012
Tinyfish View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2009 at 09:11
We're working with Mike Varty (Credo, Shadowland, Landmarq, Script Tour) and Rob Aubrey (IQ, Spock's Beard, Asia) on the 2.0 mix right now. Smile
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2009 at 04:47
Not news as such, but an official news release by Metal Mind basically stating the same as the previous post here:

--------------------------------------

British band Tinyfish has been very busy for the past couple of months. Not only do they work on their forthcoming live DVD “One Night On Fire” but they also continue to record their brand new album “The Big Red Spark”. Some very interesting news were posted yesterday on the band’s forum.

Simon Godfrey: “I can now confirm that Mike Varty will be officially co-producing the Big Red Spark album with yours truly. I couldn't mention it earlier as I yet had to ask Mike if he would consider doing it (…) and he said that he'd be extremely happy to add his creative muscle to the project. Mike has a real ear for arrangement and detail which is something I sadly lack (mostly because I am a lazy b*****d and have my fingers in too many pies at one time). For those of you who don't know Mike's work, he has toiled upon on the post production editing and engineering for the Shadowland, Credo and Lanmarq DVDs, wrote and recorded the soundtrack for the film 'Foiled', toured as part of Mick Pointer's 'Script For A Jester's Tear' tour and produced albums by Janison Edge, Credo and now hopefully Tinyfish too.”

Recorded in Katowice, Poland on the 16th of February 2009, “One Night On Fire” DVD captures the band in their element and features material from their trilogy albums (“Tinyfish”, “Curious Things” and “The Big Red Spark”). The DVD will also include additional video material including interviews and a 25 minute documentary, which follows the band from its birth as a studio project, through the release of the first two albums, to touring and the recording of the new album “The Big Red Spark”.

Metal Mind Productions will release “One Night On Fire” on 13th July in Europe and 11th August in USA (via MVD). DVD will be available in 3 formats: DVD, limited DVD+CD edition, including bonus audio CD with songs recorded during the gig at the theater, and a limited CD digipak.

Websites I work with:

My profile on Mixcloud:
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2009 at 12:45
Monday, 10th August sees the release of the first DVD of British progressive rock band Tinyfish. The DVD entitled “One Night On Fire”, recorded in Katowice, Poland on the 16th of February 2009, captures the band in their element and features material from their trilogy albums (“Tinyfish”, “Curious Things” and the forthcoming “The Big Red Spark”). The DVD also includes additional video material: an interview and a 25 minute documentary, which follows the band from its birth as a studio project, through the release of the first two albums, to touring and the recording of the new album “The Big Red Spark”.

Today you can have a look at a sneak preview of the DVD – the track “Nine Months On Fire” - on Metal Mind Productions’ channel on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=MetalMindPoland.

Simon Godfrey: “Looking at the footage, it’s obvious how much we were enjoying ourselves and I clearly remember all of us feeling very relaxed and ‘in the zone’ during the show. The night also saw Rob Ramsay debut his full range of stage costumes which added a palpable sense of theatre to the proceedings.
One thing that nobody noticed that night was that I played the entire gig in my socks because I had left my ‘gig’ shoes at home in the UK (Doh!). As a result, I was skidding about the stage like a Prog James Brown but thankfully it didn’t seem to affect the performance at all. Maybe I should do it more often.
All in all, the DVD has captured what it feels like to be present at a Tinyfish show with all the musical excitement, passion and humour that comes with it."

British fans of the band have an opportunity to see how good they are live this Saturday, 8th August, as Tinyfish will appear at Cambridge Rock Festival (CRS stage)! Don’t miss out on it!

Metal Mind Productions will release “One Night On Fire” on 10th August in Europe and 11th August in USA (via MVD). The release will be available in 3 formats: DVD, limited DVD+CD edition, including bonus audio CD with songs recorded during the gig at the theater, and a limited CD digipak.

Tinyfish
“One Night On Fire”

Label: Metal Mind Records
Cat. No.: MMP DVD 0190 / MMP DVD 0191 / MASS CD 1283 DG
Barcode: 5907785034921 / 5907785034938 / 5907785034945
Format: DVD / ltd. DVD+CD / ltd. CD
Genre:  progressive rock
Release date: 10.08.2009 Europe / 11.08.2009 USA

Tracklist:

DVD:

1. Honey Nut Loops
2. Motorville
3. The Big Red Spark
4.  Build Your Own Enemy
5.  Wide Awake At Midnight
6.  Eat The Ashes
7.  The Sarcasm Never Stops
8.  Ride
9.  Driving All Night
10. Too High For Low Company
11. Cinnamon
12. Fly Like a Bird
13. Nine Months On Fire
14. All Hands Lost

CD (ltd. edition only):

1. Honey Nut Loops
2. Motorville
3. The Big Red Spark
4. Build Your Own Enemy
5. Wide Awake At Midnight
6. The Sarcasm Never Stops
7. Ride
8. Driving All Night
9. Too High For Low Company
10. Cinnamon
11. Fly Like a Bird
12. Nine Months On Fire
13. All Hands Lost

--------------------------------------

POLAND

chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2009 at 06:39
Woo hoo, I've pre-ordered my copy (special edition, natch).

Honey Nut Loops????
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2009 at 08:00
Well, that will be 3 copies sold guaranteed!
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2009 at 08:34
They should have filmed it at The Peel Andy, then we might have been on it!

On second thoughts......
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2009 at 08:48
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

They should have filmed it at The Peel Andy, then we might have been on it!

On second thoughts......

Nah, wouldn't have worked. There would have been too much glare off my bald head!
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2009 at 10:06
LOL
I'm saying nothing.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2009 at 10:12
Bliiinndded by the light!!!!