FAQ FAQ  Forum SearchSearch  Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedfantomas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Topic: fantomas
    Posted: April 28 2005 at 11:26
i recently discovered these guys thru your site....thank you....i knew of patton and mr bungle, bu tnot this band.....i have only heard the mp3 on the archives, but found it extremely compelling(and i dotn even listen to metal much, ive grown out of heavy and into soft)....anyway, can anyone suggest where i may find more samples to download ? id like to form a more complete picture of this innovative ensemble....thank you
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2005 at 11:53
thank you all for all your help, i see now that the reason you are here is for the love and extension of the prog genre, as long as those who would listen are marching like hammers to your beat
Manunkind View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2005 at 12:28

Don't you think you're exaggerating a bit?

And as for Fantomas, a sample mp3 here and there will tell you very little about the stuff they do, their music is just too off the wall. IMO they are uneven and tend to get too dadaistic.

"In war there is no time to teach or learn Zen. Carry a strong stick. Bash your attackers." - Zen Master Ikkyu Sojun
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2005 at 12:46
i sometimes enjoy dadaism and would still like to get my hands on more of the stuff without spending tons of $ i dont have, to see if they are even worth spending money on
Manunkind View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2005 at 12:49

Originally posted by hopelevre

i sometimes enjoy dadaism and would still like to get my hands on more of the stuff without spending tons of $ i dont have, to see if they are even worth spending money on

Well, it's either p2p or a listening session in a music store, or maybe chceking out an internet radio station for you... hardly original or helpful, I know...

"In war there is no time to teach or learn Zen. Carry a strong stick. Bash your attackers." - Zen Master Ikkyu Sojun
Hangedman View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2005 at 13:00
www.myspace.com click on music write fantomas listen to samples enjoy.
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2005 at 13:02
thank you very much...your input is well received
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2005 at 13:08
listening now....i think these guys are absolutely brilliant...it goes from lullaby to haunted house to chorale and then to death metal before returning to lullaby.....ive never heard anything like this and that is exactly why i like any music that i do!....p.s. my twin three yr old daughters keep telling me to turn it down because its too scary!!!

Edited by hopelevre
Manunkind View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2005 at 13:14

Originally posted by hopelevre

listening now....i think these guys are absolutely brilliant...it goes from lullaby to haunted house to chorale and then to death metal before returning to lullaby.....ive never heard anything like this and that is exactly why i like any music that i do!....p.s. my twin three yr old daughters keep telling me to turn it down because its too scary!!!

You play Mike Patton's music with children around?!

Post Reply Post Reply