Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLeon Alvarado Plays Genesis

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leon Alvarado Plays Genesis
    Posted: March 03 2009 at 11:29
More than your average tribute album, this record pairs new renditions of Genesis' classics such as "Hairless Heart," "Fly On A Windshield" & "The Cinema Show" with current original material crafted in the style of one of rock's greatest acts.

http://www.leonplaysmusic.com/Site/Buy.html
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Leon-Alvarado-Plays-Genesis/45610852481
http://www.myspace.com/leonalvaradoplaysmusic

For decades, Genesis has been one of the strongest and most influential bands in rock history. With this in mind, Leon has crafted an album that captures both the essence of and transcends their music. Taking cues from Genesis' own remake of their hit "Carpet Crawlers," Leon has modernized another song from that same album titled "Hairless Heart." The end result was so successful that he developed it into a project. More than your average tribute album, "Leon Plays Genesis" also includes original material done in the various styles of Genesis' illustrious past.

Prior to this project Leon made music for years, playing and recording with artists on two continents while continuing to hone his solo efforts. With bands such as Genesis, Yes, Pink Floyd, King Crimson and Jethro Tull proving to be his greatest influences. His mellower side is more heavily influenced by the music of Vangelis, Tangerine Dreams and movie soundtracks in general. In his own opinion he "sees" the music more than hears it, referring to the imagery the music evokes in listeners' minds.

"Leon Plays Genesis and other original stuff" is a CD that every die-hard Genesis fan should have in their collection. Being a fan himself, Leon reflects his own inspiration in the album he created. From the music to the imposing artwork on the gate-fold jacket, the CD recalls the greatest era of progressive rock.
leonalvarado View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2009 at 11:30
Some comments by buyers:

On the CD BABY page:
author: C. Arden

Love the new vision! One of the most imaginative and compelling takes on a Genesis remake I have heard. Cinemania and Cinema Show II both will get your heart pounding, and of Wind and Sorrow is a great way to catch your breath. This CD will really make you appreciate your sound system. Fantastic!

From the facebook page:

I continue to be amazed by this respectful masterpiece of music and art. This collection truly captures the genius of Genesis and takes it to another level. I must admit though, the original songs are actually my favorites. When I received my CD, I was totally impressed with the value of the total package. The creative design of the CD cover and materials are very compelling. I've enjoyed exploring the website as well with the artwork and descriptions of each song. I very much appreciate the candid, behind the scenes explanations of the creative process behind the music and accompanying artwork. Congratulations on producing my new favorite music! I'll be enjoying it for a long time and I look forward to your next project.

From the genesislive.ning forum:
Reply by HRM on February 27, 2009 at 3:13pm
As promised. . . Leon's CD arrived a couple of days ago. . . I LOVE it! After all this nonsense, I was half expecting something thrown together in a garage, but this is really good. Sound quality is fantastic, the whole thing is very professional, the Genesis music is moving and respectful, and the original stuff sounds great and fits perfectly. Hats off. Are you sure this is your first album?
From myspace page:
I had a listen to the clips on your page, very cool indeed, I like the original snipets and how you bridged the world of your inspirations with your own.

Take care ;)

Cheers, Billy

leonalvarado View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2009 at 11:30

Post Reply Post Reply