Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedKinetic Element announce new US gigs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kinetic Element announce new US gigs
    Posted: March 05 2009 at 20:48
Hi PA friends.....we have been getting our act together with Kinetic Element's new lineup. We are now a quartet with the addition of Richmond guitarist Todd Russell, whose classical and jazz influences have made him a great addition to the band, and he's in his first progressive rock group! Tony D'Amato is still with us on bass. Some of you have seen him at last year's ProgDay Pre-Show. Of course founding members (yours truly) Mike Visaggio on keyboards and vocals and Michael Murray on drums and vocals are still in the mix too.

We will be opening for Nektar at Jaxx on May 2. Jay Nedry graciously offered to have us back for another progmasters opening gig after the job we did opening the Circa: show last year. Of course once again it conflicts with ROSfest. So I guess maybe we'll see you if you're a diehard Nektar fan...

I was going to go to ROSfest because I've struck up an online friendship with Abigail's Ghost bassist Ken Wilson and I wanted very much to see them and meet him, but when I found out Nektar was going to play Jaxx and there were no other bands yet, I couldn't resist asking for the date. So I guess I'll see you at NEARfest instead, unless .... unless you come to this show May 2 at Jaxx!

Other shows: March 21 at Zakk's Coffee House, Murfreesboro NC, and
April 18 at The Camel, Richmond VA. See www.myspace.com/kineticelement for details.

I hope to have a very interesting announcement very soon about a producer for the recording of Powered by Light which we are preparing to do in May.

At this time we have no plans to do Artomatic, but that could change.
Long live Prog!
Mike Visaggio
Kinetic Element
A spirit with a vision is a dream with a mission!

www.facebook.com/kineticelementband
 Post Reply Post Reply