Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLeprous (for Prog Metal)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leprous (for Prog Metal)
    Posted: March 28 2009 at 17:27
Young Norwegian band that is now signed to Sensory Records

http://www.myspace.com/leprousband

Their Myspace bio:

Leprous is a young, five piece band from Notodden, Norway, playing experimental progressive metal.

“This band sounds like nothing else out there, and will probably reach far (…)” Yngve M. Jacobsen – www.heavymetal.no

Leprous was founded in 2001, has gone trough a few changes in the line-up, and now consists of Einar Solberg (synth and lead vocals), Tor Oddmund Suhrke (guitar and vocals), Halvor Strand (bass), Øystein Landsverk (guitar) and Tobias Ørnes Andersen (drums).

Prior to Tall Poppy Syndrome (2008) the band has recorded two demos, Silent Waters (2004) and Aeolia (2006). The recordings have received very good feedback from Norwegian metal press and local fans. The band received a 20.000 NOK scholarship from the organization “Lions” to fund their latest recording. Tor Oddmund Suhrke and Einar Solberg received Notodden Kommunes Culture award in 2005 for their work with Motstøyfestivalen. In addition to this, Einar Solberg was hired as synthist and co-vocalist in the legendary black metal band, Emperor, for their reunion shows in 2006-07.

Leprous' latest effort Tall Poppy Syndrome was recorded, mixed and mastered by Jonas Kjellgren in Black Lounge Studio / The Abyss in Pärlby, Sweden, during august 2008.
Petrovsk Mizinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2009 at 18:31
I've got the album Aeolia so far, but haven't heard it in ages.
Do you reckon I'll need the other albums to give them a proper evaluation?
avestin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2009 at 18:55
I honestly have no idea. I just heard a few songs from their latest album and that's it. Sorry I can't help more than that. Not sure how "prog"this one is, but though it's worth to bring to the team's attention.

Post Reply Post Reply