Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Pictures at an Exhibition - the photography thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures at an Exhibition - the photography thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 93>
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Spam Supplier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artsupplies31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 04:49
Wonderful pics! I really enjoy watching them. You can see a similar thread in several forums but all these pics are fresh and amazing.
Queen By-Tor View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Queen By-Tor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2014 at 14:24
I think the prog rock fuel is the difference here ;)

thanks!
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2014 at 07:06
Playing around with my new camera on a train ride back from a day in London.

These are 100% un-retouched images straight off the camera with absolutely NO Photoshopping:

starting off a little conventional, a simple reflection in the train window as it stood in the station:

Now getting a touch more abstract:

...and a bit more psychedelic:

...to finally the obligatory wobbly lights with the shutter held open shot:
Ermmnow I've posted this I've realised the last one isn't from the train ride at all.Embarrassed  LOL

Edited by Dean - September 15 2014 at 07:09
What?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Queen By-Tor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2014 at 13:11
These look like they could be album covers Clap great shots!
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2014 at 03:47
Thanks Trish, when I was looking at them on the camera I thought the same and no doubt if I were still making albums then one of them would have been used in my album cover artwork at sometime.
What?
Darious View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2014 at 18:29
Shot this guy when he was busy with starting his pipe
Writing about truth is a little bit like getting your dick out in public and hoping no one laughs (Steve Hogarth)
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2014 at 18:58
I hope he's recovering well. 
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.
Darious View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2014 at 03:40
Originally posted by Horizons Horizons wrote:

I hope he's recovering well. 
After my shot? Doubt it.
Writing about truth is a little bit like getting your dick out in public and hoping no one laughs (Steve Hogarth)
Darious View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2014 at 04:37
So I discovered today that my amplifier actually favours Prog

Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2014 at 05:35
While visiting 'The Blood Swept Lands and Seas of Red' poppy installation at the Tower Of London I was taken by the sheer number of people who where lining the banks of the moat. A drift of faces of all ages, creeds, races and nationalities snapping away with cameras, smart phones and ipads; each of them reflecting on the meaning of the sight before them and unwittingly reflecting the number of lost lives those poppies represented. Thousands of people and thousands of small ceramic poppies, each representing a life. A human life.

I too was there with camera in hand as the sun began to set over the River Thames behind us, casting long shadows over the poppies and up the fortified walls of the Tower, and there in those shadows were my fellow visitors, like ghosts of those long dead but not forgotten soldiers, a poignant reminder:

What?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Queen By-Tor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2014 at 11:01
"Should they be included in the archives?"

"Well, did they press the prog button?"

"hmm, let me check...."

Here's a few of my most recent fiddlings :)

person and camera
20141006-IMG_8300 by Shark Water, on Flickr

I can see the states from here!
20141006-IMG_8330 by Shark Water, on Flickr

Clothes pegs are most interesting in flat light
20141004-IMG_8211 by Shark Water, on Flickr

wear & tear
20141004-IMG_8182 by Shark Water, on Flickr
Darious View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2014 at 11:32
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

While visiting 'The Blood Swept Lands and Seas of Red' poppy installation at the Tower Of London I was taken by the sheer number of people who where lining the banks of the moat.

Ingenious. Thanks for sharing
Darious View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2014 at 11:35
Originally posted by Queen By-Tor Queen By-Tor wrote:

person and camera
20141006-IMG_8300 by Shark Water, on Flickr
I personally find "persons and cameras" subject fascinating Big smile
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2014 at 12:27
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

While visiting 'The Blood Swept Lands and Seas of Red' poppy installation at the Tower Of London I was taken by the sheer number of people who where lining the banks of the moat. A drift of faces of all ages, creeds, races and nationalities snapping away with cameras, smart phones and ipads; each of them reflecting on the meaning of the sight before them and unwittingly reflecting the number of lost lives those poppies represented. Thousands of people and thousands of small ceramic poppies, each representing a life. A human life.

I too was there with camera in hand as the sun began to set over the River Thames behind us, casting long shadows over the poppies and up the fortified walls of the Tower, and there in those shadows were my fellow visitors, like ghosts of those long dead but not forgotten soldiers, a poignant reminder:

http://isaac.auckland.ac.nz/story/images/centrephotos/flags/poland-flag.gif

Hmmm... Polish flag! Big smile
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
Dayvenkirq View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2014 at 15:59
Here's a couple of snappy snappies of my oldest cousin, Asya, done by her boyfriend David Galstyan (you can find him on FB here). I'm not usually impressed by the shots they both take, but these two shots have some kind of an interesting "smudge" effect applied to them:

EDIT: Oh, yeah, I see David has been busy with some smudging.

Edited by Dayvenkirq - October 28 2014 at 16:00
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Queen By-Tor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2014 at 01:28
wooow Dean, that's a great shot! Don't know how I missed it until now :O

those are some cool shots Dayvenkirq, thanks for sharing! :)
Dayvenkirq View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2014 at 05:42
Approve
THE ENGINE View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE ENGINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2014 at 14:14
Hi folks.
 As a new member it's comforting to find a snappers thread on here.. 
One of my attempts then.....
This girl was catching the last afternoon rays in Malta recently as I walked past. Lovely ain't she ?

Edited by THE ENGINE - November 03 2014 at 14:33
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2014 at 14:19
I read "rays in malta" as manta rays

i live near water k

Great shot - and welcome again. 

Edited by Horizons - November 03 2014 at 14:19
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.
THE ENGINE View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE ENGINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2014 at 14:27
Nah nothing fishy , cheers Austin.Thumbs Up
 I got it enlarged a little and pinned it up at work. Now after two months I've developed a hopeless crush on the mystery girl ! 
How sad am I ?Embarrassed

Edited by THE ENGINE - November 03 2014 at 14:36
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 93>