Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Pictures at an Exhibition - the photography thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures at an Exhibition - the photography thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8990919293>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2016 at 10:14
Thumbs Up that is why photographers are artists... any fool like me can just snap a picture
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2016 at 12:02
I had spent about 15 minutes scanning the crowd for the right person but wasn't really inspired. I shot some of just the installation and was head downtown when I saw them coming out of the backstage area on the opposite side of the block. I knew immediately these were the models I was looking for. Unfortunately their Uber Driver had just arrived and they were headed somewhere else. I did a little of the 'ol JD schmoozing, promised I wouldn't take too long, pleaded a little with the driver to be patient while a guy friend of theirs sat in the car. Bing Bang Bong. Photo got. I only shot three exposures. I tipped the driver the few bucks I had in my pocket as a thanks for waiting. And that's how it's done.

Edited by JD - November 06 2016 at 12:04
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2016 at 12:11
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

I had spent about 15 minutes scanning the crowd for the right person but wasn't really inspired. I shot some of just the installation and was head downtown when I saw them coming out of the backstage area on the opposite side of the block. I knew immediately these were the models I was looking for. Unfortunately their Uber Driver had just arrived and they were headed somewhere else. I did a little of the 'ol JD schmoozing, promised I wouldn't take too long, pleaded a little with the driver to be patient while a guy friend of theirs sat in the car. Bing Bang Bong. Photo got. I only shot three exposures. I tipped the driver the few bucks I had in my pocket as a thanks for waiting. And that's how it's done.

cool.. Clap

Beer that is what being an artist is all about... all they would have likely got from old Mick was some schoozing that would have got my face slapped... and perhaps a good selfie of my a red hand print on my face. LOL
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2016 at 20:17
Sheavy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2016 at 20:17

^You have an excellent grasp on composition

Thanks, I try Star

Not abandonment photos this time, but something active, the ABC Coke Plant. Taken last night/early morning with slight rain and wind, a leg broke on my good tripod so I'm using a cheap 40 dollar replacement tripod, and it wasn't handling the conditions as I would've liked, still had a great time. The flare stack was particularly great, when it really started burning gas it gave off some good light (and heat). It was almost surreal.

Untitled by Alex, on Flickr

JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2016 at 09:02
^Smokin' !
Queen By-Tor View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Queen By-Tor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2016 at 19:43
I took a lot of pictures this year, so I'll keep it down to my favorite:

Psychic Yuki by Mikah Sharkey, on Flickr

Long time no see! I'll fade back into obscurity and Leg End now.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2017 at 16:03
Originally posted by Queen By-Tor Queen By-Tor wrote:

I took a lot of pictures this year, so I'll keep it down to my favorite:

Psychic Yuki by Mikah Sharkey, on Flickr

Long time no see! I'll fade back into obscurity and Leg End now.

awesome picture... and good to see you around.  there are those destined for forum obscurity for lack of any forum personality or character and those that aren't for having an abundance of both. You are definitely not in the former category not when there are still lots of classic PA'rs still around at least LOLHeart
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2017 at 09:36

Queen By-Tor View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Queen By-Tor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2017 at 00:55
^^^ Loving those night shots, JD ClapClap

Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

awesome picture... and good to see you around.  there are those destined for forum obscurity for lack of any forum personality or character and those that aren't for having an abundance of both. You are definitely not in the former category not when there are still lots of classic PA'rs still around at least LOLHeart

Aww shucks, Micky Embarrassed

Good to know I'm not forgotten. I might just have to come back and do a review or two in the near future, I've been finding some really brilliant music lately.

Edited by Queen By-Tor - January 10 2017 at 00:56
Davesax1965 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davesax1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2017 at 07:04
One of my cats... at night. ;-)

JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2017 at 12:36
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2017 at 14:14
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2017 at 16:41
Originally posted by Queen By-Tor Queen By-Tor wrote:

^^^ Loving those night shots, JD ClapClap

Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

Aww shucks, Micky Embarrassed

Good to know I'm not forgotten. I might just have to come back and do a review or two in the near future, I've been finding some really brilliant music lately.

never here perhaps.. but never forgottenWink

yeah...  I've been on to some killer new music recently as well but alas..  I doubt it will ever be reviewed much less added here LOL
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2017 at 09:50
Wildlife eh? Here's one I saw yesterday. Look up, look way up.

I know they like to hide in trees sometimes.

But this guy looks like he was hanging on for dear life.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2017 at 12:46
They are excellent climbers from infancy, nice pictures

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2017 at 14:05
We are birdwatchers so a lot of pictures of wildlife. Here is a sapsucker.

JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2017 at 14:20
Nicely shot ! Excellent detail. What lens are you using?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2017 at 08:09

Nicely shot ! Excellent detail. What lens are you using?
28-300mm Nikor
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2017 at 16:56
Hood Canal
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8990919293>