Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > I Have A Question For You......?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAmazon errors

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Amazon errors
    Posted: April 18 2009 at 09:17
So, after I carefully read the geographic shipping rules, I got known that CDs are shipped to most of the countries by Amazon. First, I registered on the American site and tried to order some cheap prog albums. After proceeding to checkout, I always got the following message (for every CD I wanted to order):

*** We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order by changing its quantity to 0 and clicking the update button below. ( See geographical restrictions.) ***

After that, I tried it through the English and German Amazons, but the message remained there. What could be the problem? Did I enter my address false? Or are there sellers who don't ship like the restrictions said?

yeah
ClemofNazareth View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog Folk Researcher

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2009 at 10:04

You aren't currently housed in an Alaskan prison are you?  That might be a disqualifier LOL

Seriously, my guess is that you are trying to purchase items from an Amazon reseller, not from Amazon itself.  You can verify this by looking for the "seller name" before you add the item to your cart.  If that's the case then you won't be able to purchase them for shipment to Hungary; you can only purchase direct from Amazon for shipment to your country (read this).

If that's what you're doing and you really want to buy a CD from that reseller, you can click on the seller's name to bring up their profile in Amazon, then click on "contact seller" and send them a message (basically just an email) asking if they will sell the CDs to you outside of Amazon.  A lot of those resellers have their own brick-and-mortar stores, and some operate mail order businesses outside of Amazon, so you may be able to get them to sell to you directly.

Good luck!  Smile

"Peace is the only battle worth waging."

Albert Camus
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2009 at 10:25
hey Diaby... Raff might have some insight to that... she's off getting dolled up and getting her hair done LOLHeart  I think she had similar problems living in Italy and might have a explanation.

and yeah... the images of two apes discussing Amazon shipping is not lost on me either LOL
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
The Quiet One View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2009 at 11:28
^lol, just figured the last sentence out...
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2009 at 11:54
LOL  credit Bob for that....Clap
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2009 at 15:13
OK, I think the problem might be what  Bob mentioned in his post. If you are trying to buy items from Amazon Marketplace (i.e. individual sellers who will ship from their own premises), you should check upon placing your order whether they ship outside the US. When I lived in Italy, I never used US sellers because of the customs levied on shipments (besides the postage and packing), but remember seeing that some seller did not ship outside the North American continent. 
Diaby View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2009 at 18:02
Originally posted by ClemofNazareth ClemofNazareth wrote:

You aren't currently housed in an Alaskan prison are you?  That might be a disqualifier LOL

Seriously, my guess is that you are trying to purchase items from an Amazon reseller, not from Amazon itself.  You can verify this by looking for the "seller name" before you add the item to your cart.  If that's the case then you won't be able to purchase them for shipment to Hungary; you can only purchase direct from Amazon for shipment to your country (read this).

If that's what you're doing and you really want to buy a CD from that reseller, you can click on the seller's name to bring up their profile in Amazon, then click on "contact seller" and send them a message (basically just an email) asking if they will sell the CDs to you outside of Amazon.  A lot of those resellers have their own brick-and-mortar stores, and some operate mail order businesses outside of Amazon, so you may be able to get them to sell to you directly.

Good luck!  Smile

Now I have to admit it was a stupid idea to enter the Alaskan fish market maffia LOL

Seriously, my case is exactly the same you thought of: I tried to order from other sellers. I'll contact them since their prices are a lot lower than Amazon's official ones. I still find it ridiculous that the resellers of the German and English site versions are not shipping to a Middle-European country but to Japan...
Anyway, I'll contact them tomorrow.

Thank you for everyone who helped me via answering this topic!
yeah
Diaby View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2009 at 05:31
They don't really care answering my letter...Unhappy
yeah
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2009 at 06:02
I remember having the same problem. I tried to order from Amazon several times until I finally gave up. I live in Finla... erm... Atlantis.
Diaby View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2009 at 06:35
Originally posted by Vompatti Vompatti wrote:

I remember having the same problem. I tried to order from Amazon several times until I finally gave up. I live in Finla... erm... Atlantis.

They seem to dislike people speaking Finno-Ugric languages.
yeah
 Post Reply Post Reply