Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

News of the day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 423424425426427 446>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
horsewithteeth11 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsewithteeth11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2010 at 12:00
Henry Plainview View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry Plainview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 18:49
if you own a sodastream i hate you
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 15:19
Ahh Christopher Lee.  I was such a big monster movie fan as a child.  Anyone recall Famous Monsters magazine?  (Published by a guy with the last name of Ackerman, no relation to the great guitarist as far as I know.)  I typed in "punished" but I think I got my correction in before anyone noticed LOL.

Edited by Slartibartfast - January 24 2010 at 21:46
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 14:54
Originally posted by Epignosis Epignosis wrote:

No rest for the weary.

Truly horrible luck.
Marty McFly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty McFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 14:52

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100120/ap_on_re_us/us_appomattox_shootings

Oh my ... Confused

maybe it's old news, but for sure it's haunting

Edited by Marty McFly - January 20 2010 at 14:52
There's a point where "avant-garde" and "experimental" becomes "terrible" and "pointless,"

-Andyman1125 on Lulu

Even my
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty McFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 14:08

Um, I want to agree, but I have to say, that actually, I know that it will be a good movie. It always happens. Same with The Dark Knight last year, everyone talked about it, boasted how great it is (GREATEST MOVIE EVER) and so I waited. You know, it's not only that I'm lazy enough to sit in cinema when they say I can, on a place I can, not in comfort of home, it's also that this hype is still around.

Well, how to explain myself, it's good movie, I enjoyed new Batman too. Not "greatest mov eva", but very good one. For me. And I somehow know that I'll like Avatar too. I like Cameron's work. Not the best director I know (as I usually go for good plot, or character development), but if you want to have things spectacular & some action, he's fine choice.

Of course, I haven't seen it, so there may be something I'll not like, but it's not so possible as the first choice.

But OK, you're right in one thing. Trying to be different in crowd in such a way I expressed (even unintentionally, just exploring the depths of drama) is not appropriate, nor good.

Sidenote: " ^ " means that you're responding on previous post ?
              "Fair enough" means that you're OK (generally talking) with something you were not in past tense ?

There's a point where "avant-garde" and "experimental" becomes "terrible" and "pointless,"

-Andyman1125 on Lulu

Even my
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 13:59
^Fair enough. I just think that hype sometimes is deserved. And as I haven't seen the movie, I don't know if it is or not. And neither can anyone who hasn't seen it. 
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty McFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 13:00

On the other hand, Teodoro, your "avatar", Chris Lee in 1958 Dracula had budged only £81,000, according to wiki.

Your avatar is not hyped :-)

Seriously, of course I would not go watch it. I just don't do these this way, it's not because I want to be different. Anyway, I don't go to cinema, so I'll wait for it to be DVD released, as with other films I've seen.

I just wanted to put a little bit of dramatization into it, that's all. 

-Andyman1125 on Lulu

Even my
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 12:46
Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

You are so special. My god we should all be in awe that you don't plan to see Avatar. How unique you are. 

Can't people just say "not interested" instead of trying to blow our heads off with their mighty announcement that they are the ONES that will not succumb to "HYPE"?? 

What Avatar has been getting hyped???  I didn't notice. Tongue
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epignosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 11:37

No rest for the weary.
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 11:35
You are so special. My god we should all be in awe that you don't plan to see Avatar. How unique you are. 

Can't people just say "not interested" instead of trying to blow our heads off with their mighty announcement that they are the ONES that will not succumb to "HYPE"?? 
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty McFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 10:31

Originally posted by Vibrationbaby Vibrationbaby wrote:

Look at me, I just saw Avatar for the 5th time so the guy can buy another island and buy  a private spaceship and go and stay in the Swedish space hotel. I'm Whimsica! I'm Whimsical! I'm with the in crowd. Can't wait for it to come out on DVD! I'm going to buy all the merchandise and dress up a an avatar creature for Halloween ! 

Look at me, mundane Marty from certain sleepy country called Czech Republic, resting amongst bigger nations like Poland and Germany. And even us were not spared of this HYPE. What a magical word it is, HYPE. Let's repeat it over and over again. Except we replace it with Avatar. AVATAR. Also magical.

Really ? Nah, I don't think so. This mundane person from ČR haven't seen Avatar yet and even does not plan to do.

I'll wait a year, by then no furious people, vicious fanbase and trueborne haters will be here.

And I'll get so see nice "little" flick. In peace. Perhaps with my girl. Without prejudice, or false hopes.

And I'll be happy.

Sounds good, doesn't it ? :-)

-Andyman1125 on Lulu

Even my
Vibrationbaby View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vibrationbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 09:48
Look at me, I just saw Avatar for the 5th time so the guy can buy another island and buy  a private spaceship and go and stay in the Swedish space hotel. I'm Whimsica! I'm Whimsical! I'm with the in crowd. Can't wait for it to come out on DVD! I'm going to buy all the merchandise and dress up a an avatar creature for Halloween ! 
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 09:38
Originally posted by A Person A Person wrote:

Originally posted by birdwithteeth11 birdwithteeth11 wrote:

My god! It's the end of the world as we know it!

LOL, The movie was so horrible it had moviegoers contemplating suicide?

But, but butt, it has changed forever the way movies will be made. LOL

Hype hype hype hype lovely hype wonderful hype. Tongue
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epignosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 06:17
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2010 at 18:07

LOL, The movie was so horrible it had moviegoers contemplating suicide?
Vibrationbaby View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vibrationbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2010 at 09:30

Another dumb money making piece of dribble for the masses that I don't have to see. This is what cheers me up everytime.

Edited by Vibrationbaby - January 18 2010 at 09:31
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epignosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2010 at 09:22

These people just need to go outside once in a while.
horsewithteeth11 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsewithteeth11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2010 at 08:58
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2010 at 17:01

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 423424425426427 446>