Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

News of the day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 330331332333334 446>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJLehto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 12:39
Nah I'm not asking for forgiveness.
That's a personal thing anyway, ya know?
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 12:44
True sir.
markosherrera View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markosherrera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 13:15
Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

I am appalled about partying over a death. I have expressed that before. Even with Bin Laden or Chavez (whom I detested).

Just don't ask for forgiveness. It's even worse when the guy is just some random young guy. Not a big name terrorist or a dictator. Just a random guy who could've been a member of even this damn forum and nobody would've noticed. A random pathetic loser who was nobody, is nobody, and deserves to die (or live jailed forever) as a nobody.

Dont compare Chavez with Osama Bin Laden,
Hi progmaniacs of all the world
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markosherrera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 13:16

[FLASH WIDTH=853 HEIGHT=480]<object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/N2t1Vr_9DlI?version=3&amp;hl=es_ES"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/N2t1Vr_9DlI?version=3&amp;hl=es_ES" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>[/FLASH]

Edited by markosherrera - April 20 2013 at 13:37
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 13:23
Originally posted by markosherrera markosherrera wrote:

I am appalled about partying over a death. I have expressed that before. Even with Bin Laden or Chavez (whom I detested).

Just don't ask for forgiveness. It's even worse when the guy is just some random young guy. Not a big name terrorist or a dictator. Just a random guy who could've been a member of even this damn forum and nobody would've noticed. A random pathetic loser who was nobody, is nobody, and deserves to die (or live jailed forever) as a nobody.

I'm not. It would be as stupid as comparing Thatcher with Bin Laden. I used his example as one of a politician I detested who died and caused dozens of people to dance in the streets here in Miami. I was appalled by that.

Damn even if I had been alive when Che Guevara was killed in Bolivia I wouldn't have applauded dancing in the streets.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markosherrera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 13:34

I'm not. It would be as stupid as comparing Thatcher with Bin Laden. I used his example as one of a politician I detested who died and caused dozens of people to dance in the streets here in Miami. I was appalled by that.

Damn even if I had been alive when Che Guevara was killed in Bolivia I wouldn't have applauded dancing in the streets.

Margaret Thatcher is involved in the death of thousands of Argentines on the other side of Che   shot the enemies  instead Chavez never did that and  he always win by popular vote many times, now with Nicolas Maduro   there is the possibility of fraud against Capriles , the people of Miami is blind to the problems of the poor and humble people the real people

Edited by markosherrera - April 20 2013 at 13:35
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 13:41
^Some are Venezuelans too who were deprived of their things. Not everybody who is wealthy got there stealing you know. But, again, I'm not saying Chavez was Bin Laden or anything like that. He had good things about him. Sadly, the poor who revere him now will suffer the most when the bonanza and the economic crisis caused by him explodes.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markosherrera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 13:48
 very few are expropriated, they receive payment. Many will not want to stop it rich at the expense of others
But i prefer talk more about other topics because my english is too bad and I cant say many things, really now the sistem is bad, but before was bad too, I am not conmunist for  me the best system is like Denmark,Norway, Sweden,Iceland, not  like in USA
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 13:51
^The US system is quite far from perfect. QUITE far. You don't have to convince me of that . .
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 13:52
Originally posted by Windhawk Windhawk wrote:

Oh well. In other and more positive news, a politician from New Zealand recently gave the speech of 2013, and a hot candidate for the speech of the century in my book. This guy deserves all the awards that can be sent his way for doing his part in passing a law all nations claiming to be civilized should have. Just bloody brilliant.

Clap "...big gay rainbow..."
What?
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 13:54

Margaret Thatcher is involved in the death of thousands of Argentines on the other side of Che   shot the enemies  instead Chavez never did that and  he always win by popular vote many times, now with Nicolas Maduro   there is the possibility of fraud against Capriles , the people of Miami is blind to the problems of the poor and humble people the real people
DEATH OF THOUSANDS OF ARGENTINES??

Do you ever read anything?

What?
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 13:57
A few in the Army of course. Just as some British soldiers were killed by the Armada Argentina.

Again, why don't they just do what Falklands' people want and leave them be in peace belonging to Britain?
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 14:13
Originally posted by TGM: Orb TGM: Orb wrote:

Originally posted by Padraic Padraic wrote:

Sorry.  We get a little emotional when people kill innocent children and maim a whole bunch of people.  But hey, you send him some flowers while he's in the hospital.  I'm sure that will cheer him up.

(Pat,) I'm not belittling anyone's grief or anger at the man and his abominable actions. I'm glad that those in Boston can now breathe easy. I think that he should be tried and, if found guilty, go to jail for a very long time and have to live the rest of his life with shame and regret for the suffering and the deaths he caused. But I would hope that, if this happened where I live, if people I loved were affected, that the state would rise above pain, violence and killing as a solution, that it would show itself unambiguously good in response to an evil act of destruction. That it would offer just a little mercy to the unforgivable and all the kindness, generosity and support in the world to those who are injured and bereaved as well as commemoration and celebration of those murdered before their time.

I hope that the US expends as much energy, thought and media coverage on helping those affected as it does on the spectacle of retribution.
Well said.
What?
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJLehto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 14:26
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

Originally posted by TGM: Orb TGM: Orb wrote:

Originally posted by Padraic Padraic wrote:

Sorry.  We get a little emotional when people kill innocent children and maim a whole bunch of people.  But hey, you send him some flowers while he's in the hospital.  I'm sure that will cheer him up.

(Pat,) I'm not belittling anyone's grief or anger at the man and his abominable actions. I'm glad that those in Boston can now breathe easy. I think that he should be tried and, if found guilty, go to jail for a very long time and have to live the rest of his life with shame and regret for the suffering and the deaths he caused. But I would hope that, if this happened where I live, if people I loved were affected, that the state would rise above pain, violence and killing as a solution, that it would show itself unambiguously good in response to an evil act of destruction. That it would offer just a little mercy to the unforgivable and all the kindness, generosity and support in the world to those who are injured and bereaved as well as commemoration and celebration of those murdered before their time.

I hope that the US expends as much energy, thought and media coverage on helping those affected as it does on the spectacle of retribution.
Well said.
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 14:51
Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

Thing is neither do I or most really.
Well maybe some truly feel for him, but I really hope he rots in jail and lives his life in misery.
I just don't have the feeling of joy over torturing and wanting brutal mob justice. Sorry give me all the philosophical or real life example ya want, I've said my mind and that's that.
And ya know I'm sincere. Not trying to be different or any of that sh*t. Even after we had Bin Laden (which btw I was close to 9/11 and saw all the nightmare from my home) I was appalled by the actual cheering and partying over his death. That's all I repeat, glad it's over and he'll face justice but hate and anger just feed more.

Stone me all ya want

I feel no "joy from torture" and I'm not advocating mob justice, at all.  Completely different concepts from punishment for mass murder, as handed down by the judge. 

Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 19:47
I must say the U.S. is getting quite good at bouncing back from this sort of thing, almost as if it just makes us stronger.   A lesson I hope is not lost on others contemplating such acts.
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 20:32
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

DEATH OF THOUSANDS OF ARGENTINES??

Do you ever read anything?

That's exactly what I thought when I read that. HUH?

From an historical perspective, the Argentine government was responsible for the deaths of its people, trying to drum up flagging support for its despotic military regime and failed economic policies by invading the Falklands. The British, who had governed the islands since 1833 (and had claims to the Falklands a century before there was ever a country named "Argentina"), naturally took offense, and smoked Argentina in a short war. It would be just as silly for Spain to try to regain territory it lost over a century ago and try to invade Guam and not expect the U.S. to step in.

Edited by The Dark Elf - April 20 2013 at 22:32
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2013 at 22:04
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

I must say the U.S. is getting quite good at bouncing back from this sort of thing, almost as if it just makes us stronger.   A lesson I hope is not lost on others contemplating such acts.

I hope so too David.

AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2013 at 04:48
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2013 at 18:18
http://news.yahoo.com/designers-westwood-hamnett-join-campaign-save-bees-152206807.html

Where is the common sense?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 330331332333334 446>