Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

News of the day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 340341342343344 446>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Equality 7-2521 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Equality 7-2521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 15:30
Originally posted by King of Loss King of Loss wrote:

Originally posted by Equality 7-2521 Equality 7-2521 wrote:

No. I'm just smelling an abusive and bloated domestic military force.

But this is pretty definitive evidence that JFK was shot by the FBI.

The FBI has shot a person.
JFK is a person.
Ergo

I mean we already know how big the US military budget is, just to think of the size of the domestic police force..

Also, I'm betting most people assume that because the guy interrogated looked like an evil Muslim from Central Asia, he must be a guilty terrorist. I mean, if he is guilty, then it's ok, but I bet most people won't even care about him or anyone not found guilty yet to be given a fair trial and not to be subject to "advanced interrogation". 

His innocence is irrelevant. We don't shoot guilty people with clandestine police forces.
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 16:10
http://m.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/may/23/swedish-riots-stockholm

Not everything is just flowery and prestine about Sweden either
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPicard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 19:04
Damn, it makes the Stranglers' "Sweden" lyrics rather obsolete. 
King of Loss View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 01:18
Originally posted by aginor aginor wrote:

As much as I support providing help for the poor and all, your country has serious problems with helping certain people and then ignoring them. Not a good thing for developing a safe, prosperous and united country. 
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 01:20
Originally posted by akamaisondufromage akamaisondufromage wrote:

Embedded image permalink

THe EDL have been infiltrated by the ANL (Anti Narnia League) . 

Mind I let you know that human stupidity never ceases to amaze me.LOL
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 01:29
No fatalities from this collapse, but wow! We crossed this bridge exactly 24 hours earlier. Now that everyone is safe, we can move on to the fact that this is going to be a MAJOR blow to local and interstate travel. This is the main route between Seattle and Vancouver with few other crossing points over the Skagit River. 
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 02:39

Embedded image permalink

However, Photoshop is really clever.
What?
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 03:41

As much as I support providing help for the poor and all, your country has serious problems with helping certain people and then ignoring them. Not a good thing for developing a safe, prosperous and united country. 
i am not swede :)
But my country can also be better at taking care of the needy
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 04:01

Sorry, you are the Norwegian, sorry if I had almost forgotten about that!

I think another more daunting issue other than taking care of the poor and the needy is required to be addressed. I think it's hard for others to see Sweden as a tolerant and open society after accusations that came from these riots.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 04:30

I think another more daunting issue other than taking care of the poor and the needy is required to be addressed. I think it's hard for others to see Sweden as a tolerant and open society after accusations that came which from these riots.
You should read into some of Stieg Larssons work, those involving his journalistic work which deals with nazisime hidden into old rich companies , officials and how a shady nettwork of old lords and his Milennium trilogy series reflects that
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 04:47

I think another more daunting issue other than taking care of the poor and the needy is required to be addressed. I think it's hard for others to see Sweden as a tolerant and open society after accusations that came which from these riots.
You should read into some of Stieg Larssons work, those involving his journalistic work which deals with nazisime hidden into old rich companies , officials and how a shady nettwork of old lords and his Milennium trilogy series reflects that

I've read a couple of his books. It's also not a closed secret about the pro-Nazi tendencies of a lot of big and rich companies in your part of the world. It's also not a secret that Sweden had an eugenics program that was running until 1976 and I figure that a lot of the same people behind the scenes then are still in power now. I guess it's better to throw stuff underneath the carpet than actually address it and get terrible publicity!
akamaisondufromage View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akamaisondufromage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 10:03
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

Embedded image permalink

However, Photoshop is really clever.

I know.  But it doesn't stop it being funny though. ? Big smileBig smile

There was another doing the rounds said something like

Respect English

Learn are language

or summit like that Wink
Help me I'm falling!
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 10:20
^ that one's so thick it's probably real. LOL
What?
Ambient Hurricanes View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ambient Hurricanes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 12:10
The Boy Scouts of America lift the prohibition on openly homosexual scouts in the organization.

As an Eagle Scout, this is important news to me.  Probably the right decision, although I don't know the details of the policy and suspect it might cause some peripheral issues.  Personally, I would like sexuality to be a total non-issue in the Scouts and to let individual troops handle it as they see fit.
I love dogs, I've always loved dogs
infocat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infocat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 23:20
Originally posted by Ambient Hurricanes Ambient Hurricanes wrote:

The Boy Scouts of America lift the prohibition on openly homosexual scouts in the organization.

As an Eagle Scout, this is important news to me.  Probably the right decision, although I don't know the details of the policy and suspect it might cause some peripheral issues.  Personally, I would like sexuality to be a total non-issue in the Scouts and to let individual troops handle it as they see fit.
I've been wondering, is there a lot of sex (homo or hetero!) going on within the Boy Scouts??
Ouch
--
Frank Swarbrick
Belief is not Truth.
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 02:27
^I take it you didn't get that merit badge.
TGM: Orb View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TGM: Orb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2013 at 09:02
Bah

Humbug

A young bloke getting murdered brutally in public view is a tragic and horrifying crime but come on... do we overreact like this to crimes committed by any other perceived group than radical islamists?

In particular, seeing Theresa May trying to use someone's death as an opportunity to ram through intrusive security measures she's been trying to foist upon us for years sticks in the throat.

Edited by TGM: Orb - May 26 2013 at 09:03
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2013 at 09:25
Originally posted by TGM: Orb TGM: Orb wrote:

Bah

Humbug

A young bloke getting murdered brutally in public view is a tragic and horrifying crime but come on... do we overreact like this to crimes committed by any other perceived group than radical islamists?

In particular, seeing Theresa May trying to use someone's death as an opportunity to ram through intrusive security measures she's been trying to foist upon us for years sticks in the throat.

The 'young bloke getting murdered' was in the armed forces ergo you can't be surprised at the (over)reaction
But yes, a gang related slaying would have attracted precisely squat opprobrium. Civilian atrocities are small change it would seem...

What irritates me about this affair is the knee-jerk criticism of the UK intelligence services i.e. one of the the Nigerian suspects was allegedly approached by MI5 with a view to infiltrate militant Islamic groups in the UK . Why is there such an unrealistic expectation that the thousands of individuals who may require to be monitored from a security perspective, can continue to evade scrutiny when the resources to preclude same, would have scandalized taxpayers wringing their hands in apoplectic fury at the fiscal cost?
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2013 at 00:08
The current acting deputy chief of the Oakland Police Department is Danielle Outlaw.  Absolutely true.

Equality 7-2521 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Equality 7-2521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2013 at 09:01
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 340341342343344 446>