Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

News of the day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 341342343344345 446>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Stool Man View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stool Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2013 at 15:59

Marching fascists chased away by women dressed as badgers

Edited by Stool Man - June 01 2013 at 16:00
rotten hound of the burnie crew
horsewithteeth11 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsewithteeth11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2013 at 11:35
Vibrationbaby View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vibrationbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2013 at 18:54
Wow! 25 people got offed in NYC over the weekend.
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2013 at 19:03
You must have a different definition of "offed" than the one I know of.
What?
darkshade View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2013 at 19:09
Clarification on the "offed" comment???
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2013 at 03:30
Signs of the end times, Scalia comes down on the right side of an issue: The ruling was 5-4. Justice Antonin Scalia, a conservative, joined three of the court’s more liberal members—Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan—in dissenting. 
Supreme Court Rules Police Can Take DNA From Suspects 
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Equality 7-2521 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Equality 7-2521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2013 at 08:26
They're all a bunch of morons. There's a 50/50 chance they each make some sense with their rulings. It's bound to happen sometime. Don't let it beguile you into assuming intelligence.
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2013 at 20:57
That's right, the judges on the Supreme Court are all a bunch of morons.   Of course they are, it makes perfect sense that after years of school, decades of public service and thoughtful examination of law, if you make it to the SC you must be a moron.

Don't let anyone beguile you into anything--  and that includes reactionaries.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Equality 7-2521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2013 at 22:03
Do you serve for the Court or something? They're a group of nine people drunk with power who have risen to the top of a purely political field where intelligence and reasoning ability are hardly the most valued skills. I may employ some hyperbole in attacking them, but since they desire to egotistically inflate their statuses that of political demi-gods, I will use appropriate inflated language to bring them back to earth.
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2013 at 22:41
Originally posted by Equality 7-2521 Equality 7-2521 wrote:

Do you serve for the Court or something? They're a group of nine people drunk with power who have risen to the top of a purely political field where intelligence and reasoning ability are hardly the most valued skills. I may employ some hyperbole in attacking them, but since they desire to egotistically inflate their statuses that of political demi-gods, I will use appropriate inflated language to bring them back to earth.

It's not often we agree on anything, politically-speaking, but I have to agree emphatically here. The whole "Justice-for-life" appointments need to be amended. And whatever happened to at least a faint degree of impartiality on the part of a judge? I would say the degree of partisanship on that bench is completely overboard.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2013 at 22:54

No, the Court serves me, and your description could easily be applied to many power structures including right here at PA.   What you really seem to be saying is that there should not be a Supreme Court, which is a perfectly fine opinion to have.   But until those positions no longer need to be filled, to assume every SCJ is "drunk with power who have risen to the top of a purely political field where intelligence and reasoning ability are hardly the most valued skills"  does not strike me as any more intelligent.

Edited by Atavachron - June 05 2013 at 00:32
Ady Cardiac View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ady Cardiac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2013 at 01:28
what the heck are they doing in australia giving this DJ an Award?......those stupid DJ's should have been punished severly for making a woman kill herself ( and she did say it was them who caused her death in her suicide note)....

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Equality 7-2521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2013 at 09:11
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

No, the Court serves me, and your description could easily be applied to many power structures including right here at PA.   What you really seem to be saying is that there should not be a Supreme Court, which is a perfectly fine opinion to have.   But until those positions no longer need to be filled, to assume every SCJ is "drunk with power who have risen to the top of a purely political field where intelligence and reasoning ability are hardly the most valued skills"  does not strike me as any more intelligent.

They serve me in the sense that their rulings legally bind me. They do not look out for my interest. But I'm not even sure how that statement even tangentially relates to my point.

I'm not saying there should be no supreme court. I'm quite clearly saying that the scope of the court has been inflated too far and that the justices  serving on it are unchecked and free to write laws to their fancy.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vibrationbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2013 at 13:50
This is the latest way in which the Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper  has found to waste  Canadian taxpayer"s money. By painting the pile of junk he flies around the world in in order to waste more taxpayers money. I'm embarassed enough to be a Canadian without any more of this hippie sh*t flag waving. First of all we've only got five of these heeps. They are basically converted ancient Airbus A310-300s that are used to refuel our outdated F-18s and provide an airlift capability for Canadian Forces personel anywhere in the world as well as VIP transports for our Govenor General ( another waste of money ) and government officials . Some of the places they fly into are hotspots so Steve decided that they wanted to present the terrorists with a better target.with the colours of the glorious conservative party.  Can't wait until Rick Mercer finds out about this.

Edited by Vibrationbaby - June 07 2013 at 13:51
akamaisondufromage View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akamaisondufromage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2013 at 11:40
Alex Jones on the Bilderburg Group this morning. 

Help me I'm falling!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vibrationbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2013 at 11:50

The illuminati

Argonaught View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2013 at 12:53
Originally posted by Vibrationbaby Vibrationbaby wrote:

This is the latest way in which the Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper  has found to waste  Canadian taxpayer"s money. By painting the pile of junk he flies around the world in in order to waste more taxpayers money. I'm embarassed enough to be a Canadian without any more of this hippie sh*t flag waving. First of all we've only got five of these heeps. They are basically converted ancient Airbus A310-300s that are used to refuel our outdated F-18s and provide an airlift capability for Canadian Forces personel anywhere in the world as well as VIP transports for our Govenor General ( another waste of money ) and government officials . Some of the places they fly into are hotspots so Steve decided that they wanted to present the terrorists with a better target.with the colours of the glorious conservative party.  Can't wait until Rick Mercer finds out about this.

I don't know why you are ranting, my friend. It's just an airplane that's been decorated rather tastefully and conservatively .. ah .. I see .. sorry :)
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vibrationbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2013 at 13:43
It's a military transport that is also used to fly into hotspots such as Cental African banana republics that are infested with terrorists, rebels and mercenaries. We don't have an Air Force One or Royal Flight counterpart. It's just a blatant misuse of public money for the Tories to advertise their soory ass scandal ridden party. It was just overhauled and should have been re painted in the colours that all Canadian military aircraft are painted. I think that with the exception of the SAR helicopters and planes, the Snowbirds as well as  training and demo aircraft all are painted in a two tone dull grey. A universal scheme that many nations employ. 

Edited by Vibrationbaby - June 09 2013 at 13:54
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Equality 7-2521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2013 at 11:15
In contrast to last week, the US Supreme Court makes the right call. Unanimously rules that genes are not patentable. 
darkshade View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2013 at 17:02
I missed this, and I guess you all did too. Sorry, I don't know why I lost the page I got this from...

Santa Monica College Shooting June 8, 2013

The New York Times -
SANTA MONICA, Calif. — Four people were killed and five wounded on Friday morning as a gunman, dressed in black and carrying an assault rifle, strode across Santa Monica firing at people, cars, a public bus and buildings before being shot and killed by the police at the Santa Monica College Library, the authorities said.

The Santa Monica police at first said six people had been killed by the gunman. On Friday evening, Sgt. Richard Lewis said the actual figure was four. One of the victims was said to be in critical condition.

The shooting took place about 10 minutes away from where President Obama was attending a private fund-raising lunch before heading to Palm Springs for a meeting with the president of China. He went by motorcade to the Los Angeles airport and flew to Palm Springs about 2 p.m.

The gunman, who was not identified, was described as 25 to 30 years old. His body was spotted lifeless about 200 yards from the library.

The carnage began Friday morning in eastern Santa Monica after the police responded to reports of shots being fired and a house engulfed in flames. The police said that two bodies had been found in the house, and that they were investigating whether those victims were related to the gunman.

From there, the gunman, wielding what the police said was probably an AR-15, hijacked a car driven by a young women and forced her to drive her across town toward the campus. Along the way, he emerged from the car at at least two intersections in this quiet beach town, firing indiscriminately at buildings, a public bus, cars and a police vehicle before ending his rampage in a confrontation with Santa Monica city and campus police officers.

At one point on Friday, the police said they had detained a potential suspect who they thought might have had a role in the shootings. Sergeant Lewis said the person was released and had no involvement in the shooting.

The authorities said the gunman, in addition to carrying the assault rifle, was armed with other weapons, including at least one handgun that was found at the scene.

Witnesses described a morning of terror, chaos and confusion. Joe Orcutt, who works at the bursar’s office at Santa Monica College, said he went out to investigate after hearing what he first thought was a car backfiring. “He turns and points his gun at me, and at that point I jumped out of the way,” Mr. Orcutt said. “He shot, and I ducked out of the way.”

Witnesses described racing out the back door of the college library after the man walked in and opened fire. “I didn’t want to take any chances,” said Cyrus Jabbari, 19, a freshman at the college. Brett Holzhauer, 19, a student who was in the library, said blood was smeared on the walls and floors.

“There were hundreds of rounds of clips laying on the floor,” he said. “It looked like the guy just dropped his stuff right there.” None of the people who were killed or wounded were immediately identified.

The rampage, starting at the burning house and ending at the library, took about 10 minutes, the authorities said. Two people were found dead inside the burning house on Yorkshire Avenue. From there, the gunman, who the police said was wearing a bulletproof vest, shot two people sitting in a Ford Explorer; one of them died and the other was taken to Ronald Reagan U.C.L.A. Medical Center, where she was listed in critical condition. He continued to Santa Monica College, where he fatally shot a woman he encountered at the campus before heading toward the library.

Another woman was listed in serious condition at the Reagan hospital. Three other women had minor injuries and were in good condition at the U.C.L.A. Medical Center, Santa Monica.

This is just getting a little too ridiculous, but I'm surprised I didn't hear about it until now. Are we getting so desensitized by these events that the news is not even making it to everyone? I read/watch the news all the time, but this one slipped right by me....

Also, seems like new gun laws are going to be passed in California in light of the recent shooting:
http://www.mercurynews.com/politics-government/ci_23348264/california-senate-passes-series-gun-ammunition-bills
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 341342343344345 446>