Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

News of the day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 399400401402403 446>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2014 at 07:18
Originally posted by jude111 jude111 wrote:

Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

Ferguson grand jury decided not to indict officer Wilson. How much backlash will there be?
Obviously they are doing the exact opposite thing they should be doing by looting their OWN community now. It still makes me sick another murderer got away without even a trial just because he was wearing a badge and the victim was black.

"Looting their own community". LOL. That gets me everytime. "Hey, look, they burned down the Dollar Store and the Liquor Store and the 7-11, the Federal Express money orders, the Bail Bondsman and the pawn shops, how can they do this to their own community?" LOL. Oh god. Please, burn it down! Burn it all DOWN!!!! This isn't "their own community"; it's the 'community' of occupiers and a Police State!!!!!!!!!!! Wake up.

Actually, nearly every store type you mentioned (pawn, 7-11, bail bondsmen -- hell, throw in the McDonald's and hair & nail place looted last night) are locally owned franchises, not corporate stores. And these businesses have already gambled with high crime rates, robbery and shoplifting to stay in these neighborhoods where few others would gamble their money.

Yes, burn it down. The inmates don't deserve it.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2014 at 10:52
Who am I to say what people deserve^
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2014 at 10:55
^They deserve what they got. A system ruled by a few. Judged by a few. Which trickles down pennies. And never trickles down justice. 

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2014 at 11:00
^So should they rebel against tyranny?
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2014 at 11:07
Rebellion would be a good thing but not random looting that affects themselves. 

And no the US doesn't seem to be a place where any type of large scale rebellion against anything is possible. 
twalsh View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twalsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2014 at 11:08

"Grand juries nearly always decide to indict.

Or at least, they nearly always do so in cases that don’t involve police officers.

Former New York state Chief Judge Sol Wachtler famously remarked that a prosecutor could persuade a grand jury to “indict a ham sandwich.” The data suggests he was barely exaggerating: According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, U.S. attorneys prosecuted 162,000 federal cases in 2010, the most recent year for which we have data. Grand juries declined to return an indictment in 11 of them."

Of course, I was not there, but it's hard to imagine that this is what justice looks like.

Original article:  http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/ferguson-michael-brown-indictment-darren-wilson/

More heavy prog, please!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2014 at 11:11
What form could the rebellion take for the disenfranchised who live in ghettoes?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2014 at 11:15
Originally posted by timothy leary timothy leary wrote:

Tyranny, seriously? The politically correct narrative has become so skewed that no one is responsible for their actions. Blame someone else rather than effect change by changing yourself.

The bottom line is young black males propensity for committing crimes is so inordinate as to be pandemic. Yet no one is addressing the problem, but blaming those who have scoop up the crap afterwards. Talking heads, and particularly demagogues like Sharpton and Jackson, point to the white devil rather than admit the abject failure to lead on a level of MLK.

Michael Brown's death was unfortunate, even tragic, but he paved the road that led to his demise.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
jude111 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jude111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2014 at 13:25

Edited by jude111 - November 25 2014 at 16:49
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2014 at 13:34
^ Your Wiki presentation, although showing epic cut-and-paste skills, has utterly nothing to do with the conversation.

Please review FBI stats in regards to black crime -- on whites, on blacks, on all races -- review the insane differences in crime rates per capita, and then get back to me with something germane to the topic.
akamaisondufromage View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote akamaisondufromage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2014 at 13:34
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Tyranny, seriously? The politically correct narrative has become so skewed that no one is responsible for their actions. Blame someone else rather than effect change by changing yourself.

The bottom line is young black males propensity for committing crimes is so inordinate as to be pandemic. Yet no one is addressing the problem, but blaming those who have scoop up the crap afterwards. Talking heads, and particularly demagogues like Sharpton and Jackson, point to the white devil rather than admit the abject failure to lead on a level of MLK.

Michael Brown's death was unfortunate, even tragic, but he paved the road that led to his demise.

so he paved the way to his demise by being born black! Stupid boy.
Help me I'm falling!
jude111 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jude111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2014 at 13:43

Edited by jude111 - November 25 2014 at 16:49
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2014 at 13:45
Originally posted by akamaisondufromage akamaisondufromage wrote:

By being stupid, yes. By strong arm robbery. By refusing to listen to a cop who was sent to get him in regards to the robbery. For punching said cop and trying to take his gun. Not even after the first shot did the perpatrator (yes, a wanted perp, not some black martyr) lay on the ground and stop. This is all in the reports. Read the forensics. Watch the robbery video. Get a clue before insulting someone.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2014 at 13:51

^ Your Wiki presentation, although showing epic cut-and-paste skills, has utterly nothing to do with the conversation.

Then I'll spell it out for you so that you understand: You are the most violent people on the face of the planet. You've committed atrocities all over the face of the globe. Besides the genocide against the indigenous populations and the Holocaust against black people, you've raped and pillaged and massacred Vietnam and Iraq, and your mass murderers who've committed tremendous crimes against humanity continue to walk free. Your violent society has brutalized the black population; it's done everything it can to create a broken and deformed people, and then sh*ts like you blame them for not being tame enough.

Where you from, junior? It says China, according to your blurb. The U.S. won't ever catch up to Chairman Mao and the 100 million or so he slaughtered in the Great Leap Forward.

Save your rhetoric for the next Marxist revisionist meeting.

akamaisondufromage View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akamaisondufromage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2014 at 13:57

Originally posted by akamaisondufromage akamaisondufromage wrote:

By being stupid, yes. By strong arm robbery. By refusing to listen to a cop who was sent to get him in regards to the robbery. For punching said cop and trying to take his gun. Not even after the first shot did the perpatrator (yes, a wanted perp, not some black martyr) lay on the ground and stop. This is all in the reports. Read the forensics. Watch the robbery video. Get a clue before insulting someone.

No I haven't read any of these but I wonder who wrote them?  As far as I know the cop didn't know of the robbery before the shooting and reports say that Brown was trying to surrender.  Which ever way the cop shouldn't have any fear of a trial.

I don't believe I insulted anyone.
Help me I'm falling!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2014 at 14:02
You didn't insult his electronic emotions betray him
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2014 at 14:39

Then I'll spell it out for you so that you understand: You are the most violent people on the face of the planet. You've committed atrocities all over the face of the globe. Besides the genocide against the indigenous populations and the Holocaust against black people, you've raped and pillaged and massacred Vietnam and Iraq, and your mass murderers who've committed tremendous crimes against humanity continue to walk free. Your violent society, flooded with guns and drugs, has brutalized the black population; for centuries it's done everything it can to create a broken and deformed people, and then sh*ts like you blame them for not being tame enough. Orwell's 1984 is an everyday reality for blacks in America, where they are always watched, surveilled, policed, harassed.

Shall I quote the post you deleted accusing me of reading Mein Kampf and being a member of the KKK. That I was poised to make racial jokes about "slanty eyes"?

I have not made racial jokes, nor do I accept any of the egregious and often malicious errors my government has made in the past.

However, I do not accept the PC narrative that currently permeates this society. Things will not be fixed here until people take responsibility for their actions and for their children's actions and educations. Otherwise, start using condoms.

Argonaught View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2014 at 18:25

Then I'll spell it out for you so that you understand: You are the most violent people on the face of the planet. You've committed atrocities all over the face of the globe. Besides the genocide against the indigenous populations and the Holocaust against black people, you've raped and pillaged and massacred Vietnam and Iraq, and your mass murderers who've committed tremendous crimes against humanity continue to walk free. Your violent society, flooded with guns and drugs, has brutalized the black population; for centuries it's done everything it can to create a broken and deformed people, and then sh*ts like you blame them for not being tame enough. Orwell's 1984 is an everyday reality for blacks in America, where they are always watched, surveilled, policed, harassed.

Throughout the human history, stronger individuals, groups and nations have oppressed weaker ones. Slavery and serfdom have been practiced by pretty much every by nation for millennia (the Bible and other early written sources describe enslavement of individuals and whole people as a daily occurence). And, even when there was slavery in the US, which was certainly a very ugly thing, it was only 1% of the overall population that happened to own other human beings; 99% didn't.  

It's also worth mentioning that slavery and forced labor is still alive and well in many places, and the US is certainly not one of them.   

Most, if not all nations have waged wars and committed atrocities; spoils to the victors, and vae victis. Empires didn't grow out of thin air; they were built by land grabs and systematic exploitation of the conquered people, and by plundering their riches. 

The society of the United States is a microcosm of the humankind, for better or worse. As a whole, it's a lot less violent than you may have been led to believe. As anywhere else on the planet, there are "bad" areas, where bad people will do bad things to themselves and others. Drug abuse and drug-related crime, once again, is a global phenomenon.  

Dayvenkirq View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2014 at 01:48
So, ... the grand jury decided not to indict officer Pantaleo for choking Eric Garner with an armhold, but here's something that really doesn't make any sense. ... Turns out it's the cig tax that ultimately led to Pantaleo choking Garner.

... Really, Randy?

On another note, I don't care who you are and who you are apprehending (and maybe I don't have the big picture of the case to make a good judgment of whether or not to choke someone), but if the guy you are arresting isn't using excessive force to you, what is your excuse for choking someone to death? ... Your training? ... Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Edited by Dayvenkirq - December 05 2014 at 01:49
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2014 at 08:59
If you have a badge, you have a license to kill. It's as simple as that. Haven't you figured the land of the free yet? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 399400401402403 446>