Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

News of the day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 439440441442443 446>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2016 at 19:36
he ain't from D.C... no one lives there really... you only work there LOL

spam or not...  women's fashion beats the 1000th iteration of any possible permutation of Genesis or Dull topics any day of the week and twice on Sunday's.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2016 at 00:20
Congratulations Golden State Warriors for breaking the all-time season win record !

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2016 at 07:00
Thumbs Up wow... well how about that... Clap

The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2016 at 04:12
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

Congratulations Golden State Warriors for breaking the all-time season win record !

To think they were perenial losers (along with the SD/LA Clippers) for 4 or 5  decades ... and both have risen to become their division's powerhouses around the same timeConfused

I'd suspect doping issues if it wasn't franchise team sports LOL
Norbert View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2016 at 07:31
A bit old news, but still outrageous.

http://www.birdlife.no/internasjonalt/nyheter/?id=1713

The Others take these Norwegian "authorities" ....AngryAngryAngry

... to keep it relatively civil and mild, otherwise Censored
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2016 at 00:39
hope Juno sends back some good stuff --

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2016 at 08:11
Two new police officer shootings in the US this week.  https://www.yahoo.com/gma/video-emerges-deadly-baton-rouge-police-shooting-202050873--abc-news-topstories.html  and  http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/07/us/falcon-heights-shooting-minnesota/index.html

In both cases, the perp/victim had a gun, thus resulting in the officers "fearing for their lives", but in both cases the officers appear to be trigger happy.  The Baton Rouge case seems to have a little more justification (maybe) but is also being portrayed as the officers bullying the perp/victim.  The Minnesota case seems to be a more cut and dry case of police brutality.  Although it is he says/she says on what happened prior to the shooting, this one definitely feels like the officer screwed up. 
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2016 at 08:18
I understand the need for euphemisms but the news is clearer this way: 

Another murderer with a badge killed someone for being too dark. 
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2016 at 09:11
I watched the videos of both shootings, I refrain from saying anything more than it made me sick with disgust and rage.
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2016 at 14:43
Germans told to stockpile supplies in case of 'national emergency'

Germans told to stockpile food and water

Scaremongering, or are they expecting something specific, I wonder? Seems quite extreme advice to me.

Edited by Blacksword - August 22 2016 at 14:44
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2016 at 15:31
Originally posted by Blacksword Blacksword wrote:

Germans told to stockpile supplies in case of 'national emergency'

Germans told to stockpile food and water

Scaremongering, or are they expecting something specific, I wonder? Seems quite extreme advice to me.

That's about the strangest thing I've seen in ages
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2016 at 16:00
Who doesn't already have at least 10 days of food at their home at all times? You'd have to go outside at least once every ten days if you don't. Also, from what I've read on the Internet, Germany is already under invasion. Party
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2016 at 01:31
Originally posted by Vompatti Vompatti wrote:

Who doesn't already have at least 10 days of food at their home at all times? You'd have to go outside at least once every ten days if you don't. Also, from what I've read on the Internet, Germany is already under invasion. Party

I don't think I could fit ten days worth of non perishable food in my kitchen! I usually have about a weeks worth.

In any case this policy is slightly strange and worrying. It appears to be advising people to prep for wide scale energy outages and serious disruption to services. That goes beyond the scope of most probable terrorist attacks, so this suggests an attack by another nation state or maybe...do Germany get their gas from Russia via Ukraine??

Perhaps there is an escalation in that conflict expected in the coming weeks and months that could cut off that supply for some time.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2016 at 01:55
Perspective: The German governmental department who prepared this proposal (which I believe is essentially a White Paper), was asked to do it back in 2012 so with typical bureaucratic efficiency took four years to decide that in a worse case scenario people really ought to stock up on things that don't perish. (or should that be wurst-case scenario).
What?
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2016 at 11:52
Possible habitable planet, right next door (in cosmic terms).  Dean, feel free to debunk the author if necessaryTongue

http://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2016/08/astronomers-have-found-a-habitable-planet-orbiting-our-suns-nearest-neighbor/497117/

Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2016 at 00:09
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

Possible habitable planet, right next door (in cosmic terms).  Dean, feel free to debunk the author if necessaryTongue

http://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2016/08/astronomers-have-found-a-habitable-planet-orbiting-our-suns-nearest-neighbor/497117/
“In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.” - Douglas Adams
What?
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2016 at 04:05
Going off the current topic, I saw on one of the (liberalWink) American news channels that tourism is down a "great deal" in France after the terror episodes. How much of a role does tourism play in the French economy? I assume it's quite substantial.  
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2016 at 08:56
France was visited by 84.7 million foreign tourists in 2013, making it the most popular tourist destination in the world.[1] It is third in income from tourism due to briefer visits. 20% more tourists spent less than half as much as they did in the United States.[2]
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2016 at 10:57
^ as of mid July tourism in Paris was down 11% on last year but elsewhere in France it was up by 1%. Reuters quoted someone predicting 30% drop following Nice but that would be an unprecedented drop following a terror attack if that prediction prove true.
What?
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epignosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2016 at 13:49
RIP Gene Wilder.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 439440441442443 446>