Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

News of the day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 328329330331332 446>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJLehto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 20:06
Yup, conspiracies flying already.

All I know is glad this sh*tstorm is over. The poor souls have suffered enough
Drew View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 20:16
he needs to be tortured

JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJLehto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 20:22
Well that's real great man, just what we need ;)   

I am glad he's alive. We need some type of answers, esp now that it turns out the older brother DID have some red flags, like being contacted by the FBI before and at least casual links to chechen extrimism...
Drew View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 20:23
Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

Well that's real great man, just what we need ;)   

I am glad he's alive. We need some type of answers, esp now that it turns out the older brother DID have some red flags, like being contacted by the FBI before and at least casual links to chechen extrimism...

Right- I would thought for sure he would go out guns blazing..hopefully some good can come from this...

Larree View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 20:29
I am so glad they caught this guy alive.  I hope he spills his guts out to the authorities.  He is just a punk.
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 20:35
They got him alive. Alive. Good.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJLehto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 20:39
We don't know yet but supposedly, he was bleeding and considering we heard like 200 gun shots the last 2 days gotta wonder if he got hit.

...a 19 year old kid

Edited by JJLehto - April 19 2013 at 20:41
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 20:41
A psycho. A 19-year old murderer.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJLehto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 20:51
Oh I didn't mean that sympathetically...just matter of fact. Crazy isn't it, 19 years old?

Then again that DC sniper was 18, goes to show what living in extreme ideology can cause!
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 22:02
he seemed like the polar opposite of his brother, much more social and everyone liked him.  I think he will be easy to get information from. Good job by the authorities on this one. I'm glad it's over, but worry that it may be the tip of the iceberg
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 22:05
Ken, and your Boston neighbors, you've inspired me the way you've handled all this.  You guys can take a punch and you reached out and helped those all around.  Also inspired by the great police work that took these two maggots down in such short order. 

It's a shame, so much promise squandered.  I've heard some stuff about the older one (based on his computer trail) was into some pretty hard core Jihadi stuff, and my guess is that this has more to do with it than any kind of traditional Chechnyan motives/issues. My guess, and this part is just speculation, is that the younger kid probably wasn't all that into anything ideological and just was influenced by older bro.  He was probably a good kid who fell under his brother's bullsh*t.  His friends seem to suggest he was not a bad guy. 

I wish I could forgive him, but I don't forgive this kind of violence against the public.  Hoping for the death penalty myself. 

smartpatrol View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smartpatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 22:10
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

Hoping for the death penalty myself. 

Unless he confesses, I hope not. (I don't support the death penalty, unless the person confesses, because of all the mistakes that have been made in the past and even now).
But it's not used in NY, anyway
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 22:13
NY? 

This is a federal case I believe, doesn't matter whether Mass has the DP. 

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 22:18
Thanks Jim
as a non native Bostonian, I have gained a lot of respect for this New England feistiness.   They know when to act and they know when to step back and give the authorities all the room they need. Yes it's sad about this kid squandering his life, but much sadder for those poor dead and maimed.   Hopefully catching him alive will allow authorities to determine who else might be involved and prevent future attacks, or to find out that nobody else is involved. 

smartpatrol View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smartpatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 22:20
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

NY? 

whoops. For some reason I was under the impression that Boston was in New York
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJLehto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 22:21
Yeah it seems the older one was ideological and maybe dangerous, I'm inclined to agree it may just be his influence on the younger one. It's scary, I've seen the impact I had on my younger one (without trying) and sadly he got much of my negativity.....really was scary to see it passed on!

He does seem legit, in past tragedies like VA Tech and Columbine there were signs as well as histories of medical issues, but as of now the younger brother seems to have a totally spotless record.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 22:23

Yeah it seems the older one was ideological and maybe dangerous, I'm inclined to agree it may just be his influence on the younger one. It's scary, I've seen the impact I had on my younger one (without trying) and sadly he got much of my negativity.....really was scary to see it passed on!

He does seem legit, in past tragedies like VA Tech and Columbine there were signs as well as histories of medical issues, but as of now the younger brother seems to have a totally spotless record.

it's incredible.  Friends of mine know a boy who went to highschool with him and everyone liked him.   He goes to UMass and was at school the day after the bombing!  Who does this type of thing?
Evolver View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evolver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 22:27
What a surreal day.  I grew up in Watertown, and the second f***** was caught right around the corner from an apartment I lived in in the late 70s. 
I hope he's in a lot of pain.
Trust me. I know what I'm doing.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJLehto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 22:29
Originally posted by kenethlevine kenethlevine wrote:

it's incredible.  Friends of mine know a boy who went to highschool with him and everyone liked him.   He goes to UMass and was at school the day after the bombing!  Who does this type of thing?

Like I said, we can't underestimate our influence on close ones. Can be good, or bad.

This really has been nutty, there were people on FB back on Tuesday looking at pics and picking out "suspects" and one was a guy in a white hat that looks quite familiar.
Supposedly the social media/internet thing was used in part of the investigation it's wild. And with the constant chance of filming everything on phone, interesting how you can't really hide.

This could become a great tool, but also risky and always unease of authorities having phone data.
All just been very crazy.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 22:34
I did hear tonight that the Feds have video they haven't shown us yet, video of the kid actually walking up, leaving the pack, and walking away.......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 328329330331332 446>