Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

News of the day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 334335336337338 446>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Dayvenkirq View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2013 at 07:06
Originally posted by Gerinski Gerinski wrote:

1. the 5 year old Kentucky boy who accidentally killed her 2 year old sister with a rifle specially built for children.
Son of a bi#$h! Shocked ... A little hard to believe at first ... and at second ... and at third.
Originally posted by Gerinski Gerinski wrote:

2. the guys who have built a working gun using a 3D printer, which among other concerns such as the fact that shortly anybody will be able to build his own gun at home without any control (they plan to publish the blueprints on the net), is made of plastic so could fool security checks.

Man, about the 2nd one I admire the technological feat aspect of 3D printing and the possibilities it may open for the future, but this obsession some US people have with guns is so hard to understand for many of us (no offence to US citizens in general).
I'm with you on this one. I don't even understand the appeal the guns make to other people, the people we know as gun aficionados, gathering round for shooting practice. (Sorry, gun aficionados.)

Edited by Dayvenkirq - May 08 2013 at 07:13
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2013 at 08:19
The ability to make a working gun is not exactly rocket science and anyone with a basic workshop and skills can make one, even out of plastic. The 3D printer just brings that skill any moron. Unfortunately, morons are not in short supply.
What?
Gerinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2013 at 11:47
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

The ability to make a working gun is not exactly rocket science and anyone with a basic workshop and skills can make one, even out of plastic. The 3D printer just brings that skill any moron. Unfortunately, morons are not in short supply.
Well, for sure, that's what I meant, I guess most of us have seen John Malkovich in In The Line Of Fire and that was 1993, but it's becoming mainstream and it's scary.
akamaisondufromage View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akamaisondufromage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2013 at 13:06
Sir Alex has retired .  Good news for everyone surely? 

Help me I'm falling!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akamaisondufromage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2013 at 13:08

In addition to morons being able to arm themselves, it also means that any two year old feeling threatened by their gun tottin five year old brother will be able to arm themselves in preparation.  Should cut down the number of nursery school age shootings?
Help me I'm falling!
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2013 at 13:15
Originally posted by akamaisondufromage akamaisondufromage wrote:

In addition to morons being able to arm themselves, it also means that any two year old feeling threatened by their gun tottin five year old brother will be able to arm themselves in preparation.  Should cut down the number of nursery school age shootings?
I'm struggling to get my head around the mere idea of a four year old owning a rifle that is capable of killing anything, let alone a human.

Still, pretty in pink:

What?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akamaisondufromage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2013 at 13:21

I'm struggling to get my head around the mere idea of a four year old owning a rifle that is capable of killing anything, let alone a human.

Still, pretty in pink:

Who wouldn't want one of those? 

(I seem to remember the press reports saying how unlucky it was !  An Accident!  If you left a child alone with a gun with a bullet in it with another child in, this country, I don't think 'an accident' would be what it would be called.)
Help me I'm falling!
Dayvenkirq View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2013 at 14:32

Alex Lifeson retired? Never good news, I guess?
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padraic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2013 at 14:41
Originally posted by Dayvenkirq Dayvenkirq wrote:

I don't think Alex Lifeson has been knighted.  But now that he's finally in the HOF, maybe time to petition Her Majesty?
Gerinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2013 at 16:24
Originally posted by Dayvenkirq Dayvenkirq wrote:

LOL
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2013 at 17:35

As long as MU doesn't ruin itself and hires Mourinho. That would be a disgrace. But it seems the other guy will get it.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akamaisondufromage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 11:43
Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

As long as MU doesn't ruin itself and hires Mourinho. That would be a disgrace. But it seems the other guy will get it.

The other guy got it. 

MU fans will have to get used to complaining about their manager on a regular basis like all the other clubs. 
Help me I'm falling!
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 12:44
^True.

It is incredible. 26 years. Only in European football. In my country of origin if a coach lasts 2 or 3 years it would be considered legendary. That stability that clubs like MU or Arsenal (without ever winning anything though ) is unthinkable in other places. And so necessary.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 12:52
Would David Moyes last for 26 yearsto come is a differnt question

Edited by aginor - May 09 2013 at 12:53
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 12:55
They probably said the same thing in 1986 when comparing Ferguson to Busby.

Does any one really care that much?
What?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akamaisondufromage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 13:05

You know they do.  (Just cos you don't)

These are different times though, when Fergie took over and lost to Oxford Utd in his first game he didn't have the Stock Market to worry about (along with the debts of MU). 

Help me I'm falling!
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 13:11
Fans of the team or the sport care.
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 13:14

These are different times though, when Fergie took over and lost to Oxford Utd in his first game he didn't have the Stock Market to worry about (along with the debts of MU). 

Do I know? I don't think I do. Do people really care if Moyes (or whoever) is managing the same football club in 2039? Or if it even matters?
What?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akamaisondufromage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 13:23

Do I know? I don't think I do. Do people really care if Moyes (or whoever) is managing the same football club in 2039? Or if it even matters?

Ah I see I thought the gap in your post meant you were talking about the MU management situ in general.  And there will be some who care (Mrs Moyes) and some who will talk about the possibility.  But care, is another thing.  MU fans I know are quite worried!  I'm a Villa fan and live in perpetual state of concern so I am glad they have something to worry about. 
Help me I'm falling!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akamaisondufromage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 14:08
Help me I'm falling!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 334335336337338 446>