Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

News of the day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 377378379380381 446>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2013 at 13:26
“Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it.” ~ some dead dude.
What?
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2013 at 14:34
And then people wonder why anybody just south of Rio Grande and other borders doesn't really love the US. Even the least-hated president of the US is still seen as an imperialist warmonger abroad.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2013 at 17:04
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

“Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it.” ~ some dead dude.
Wrong based on what 'moral system' since you don't believe in ...God.
Doesn't it all become subjective and indeterminate then..?
Wink
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2013 at 17:18
What? Smiley or not that comment makes no sense whatsoever.
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2013 at 17:31
Comedy doesn't have to make sense.

What?
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2013 at 20:10
Comedy as a moral system........I like it
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2013 at 20:30
Comedy as a political system would be even better...
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2013 at 20:33
...not based on current evidence it isn't.  

...then who said clowns are comedy.
What?
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2013 at 21:23
True that.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2013 at 16:48
http://www.endalldisease.com/28-signs-west-coast-absolutely-fried-nuclear-radiation-fukushima/

not very good news for the Pacific Northwest
King of Loss View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2013 at 20:34
Originally posted by timothy leary timothy leary wrote:

http://www.endalldisease.com/28-signs-west-coast-absolutely-fried-nuclear-radiation-fukushima/

Maybe we could saw this coming by supporting nuclear energy in the first place!
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2013 at 09:35
Originally posted by King of Loss King of Loss wrote:

Originally posted by timothy leary timothy leary wrote:

Maybe we could saw this coming by supporting nuclear energy in the first place!
It might be the Japanese kamikaze-style plan to finally take revenge for Hiroshima and Nagasaki....
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2013 at 10:48
^ A nasty little minded comment. My intention for posting the link was not to guilt the Japanese people. Forget guilt, it is way past time for all of the world to remedy this. All nuclear plants on tectonic plates should be shut down. All nuclear plants located close to water should be shut down. More money should be spent on developing cleaner energy sources.
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2013 at 10:54
^I agree. My comment was just a little joke nothing else of course.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2013 at 11:03
I have always noted your compassion for animals so I believe that is who you are, no problem.
refugee View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote refugee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2013 at 17:49
He say nothing is quite what it seems;
I say nothing is nothing
(Peter Hammill)
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2013 at 13:26
This makes me sad.  The news agencies have been just dying for another case like this to happen so that they can jump all over it.  http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/15/justice/michigan-woman-shot-charges/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

This is truly a case of lose-lose.  I feel horrible for the girl who died and her family, but this is one of those situations where it seems a prosecutor is trying to make a name for herself as well as a fear of Jesse Jackson and his ilk.  I am pretty certain that the man had no criminal intent to kill this girl and I don't feel he should necessarily be punished for it.  I am not saying that the girl deserved to die nor that the man necessarily had the right to shoot her.  I think that he either made a bad decision in a situation that he did not make or the gun did accidentally discharge as has been mentioned within various news reports.

Edited by rushfan4 - November 15 2013 at 13:32
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2013 at 14:00
If he didn't pull the trigger she'd still be alive. If he didn't have a gun she'd still be alive. No matter how you look at it, it was not an unfortunate accident.
What?
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2013 at 14:08
If she hadn't been drunk and on marijuana she wouldn't have been on his front porch banging on the door at 4 O'Clock in the morning.  She was uninvited and on his property at a time of day when only bad things generally happen.  Whether I agree with it or not, in the US people are allowed to own guns and defend themselves with them.   I do question how he "Accidentally" shot her but I imagine that it was a result of the unfortunate situation that he put himself in. 
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2013 at 14:16
*shrug* as far as I know knocking on someone's door is not generally seen as attempted house-breaking no matter how intoxicated the person was or what hour it was. It was not an unfortunate accident.
What?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 377378379380381 446>