Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDr. Zoltan (Obelisk?)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dr. Zoltan (Obelisk?)
    Posted: April 29 2009 at 01:28
Yesterday something new turned up on the fringes of my radar. It's someone who apparently calls himself Dr. Zoltan, but this name seems to have a number of variations and permutations that I can't fathom.

Anyway, the music he (or they?) present(s) is something I immediately became fascinated with, the closest I can come to describing it is something along the lines of the albums that Ron Jarzombek and his surroundings produce. But only partially, it's really hard to describe. I also detect a lot of Devin Townsend in there somewhere.

I'm strongly considering suggesting this whatever he or they are for inclusion here, but I've got nothing to go on.

Has someone come across this name and can point me in the direction of some info?

Later:

I've just finished listening to one of his albums, a 4 CD affair running four and a quarter hours, called 'How To Sell The Whole F#@!Ing Universe To Everybody ... Once and for all!!'

This is some seriously impressive stuff.
Still not able to come up with any concrete info. Seems to be a case of disguised identity. Apparently this guy has worked with the likes of Devin Townsend, Steve Vai etc. One of his aliases seems to be 'Sir Millard Mulch'. Also the name Carl King crops up now and again.
He also seems to have something to do with the Drumkit From Hell.
Could all be rumours though.

Edited by npjnpj - April 29 2009 at 02:59
Henry Plainview View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2009 at 23:13
He's listed here as Sir Millard Mulch. His name change is relatively recent, I don't know why he did it. I like some of his humor writing, but I find his music rather dull. He had a good quote on his website about going back and time and killing the creator of the guitar because the frets make it too easy to play, unlike the cello, but it's gone now.
if you own a sodastream i hate you
 Post Reply Post Reply