Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
StyLaZyn View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: not interview - Rachel's Birthday
    Posted: May 02 2009 at 19:22
I logged into my MySPace page, something I rarely do . While deleting old emails, I found an email message that had every intention of  sending this way but never did. It's not much and about a year old but here it is.

Subject: RE: Rachel's B-day
Body:
Hello Rich,
sorry for the late answer, I was in holidays some time.
Well, not easy to give you a description of Rachel's Birthday, because I left the band already in 1997, shortly after the release of the CD "an Invitation to" 
but I can tell you the story from my point of view, here it is: 
The story began when I, Alfred Mueller, keyboardist, met Ralf Glassbrenner, later singer of Rachel’s Birthday, in 1986. I invited him to rehearsals to my band Quenya, we played there several months and then both leaved and after some months forming the band “Emerald”, with later Rachel’s Drummer Juergen Haegele. After some troubles and line-up changes this nucleus of the band formed Rachel’s Birthday in 1991. I played with Rachel’s until 1997, but during that time I was two years away in 1993 and 1994. The Band had some line up changes until we had Bernd Mueller as a guitar player who joined Rachel’s in late 1995. In 1996 we recorded the album “an Invitation to” for the WMMS label, and I left the band in march 1997. The "an Invitation to" album can be best described as neo-prog, and was compared with early Marillion, early Genesis, and due to the vocals also with Echolyn. After my leaving of Rachel's Birthday, I started the solo-project Soniq Theater and Rachel's Birthday kept on playing with two guitarists and no more keyboards. They recorded independently an EP in 1999 called "The English Roses" (not distributed), containing only 5 short songs, stylistically completely different from "an Invitation to", best described as folk-rock. They played live in the South German area. I don't know if they are still active, the last sign of life that I heard of them was about in 2002 or 2003. 
That's the story so far, but written from my point of view. 
I hope you can use that for your purposes in Progarchives. 
Thanks for supporting my project Soniq Theater !!!
Best Regards 
Alfred

Good Day,

I would kindly suggest that you offer a description of Rachel's Birthday to ProgArchives. I have heard some of the material and it is very good. Here's is currently how Rachel's Birthday is listed. 

http://www. progarchives. com/artist. asp?id=1593

Thanks
Rich 
 Post Reply Post Reply