Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Metal Mind Productions release Shadowland Box Set
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMetal Mind Productions release Shadowland Box Set

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Metal Mind Productions release Shadowland Box Set
    Posted: May 08 2009 at 06:18
(From MS)

To coincidence with the release of Shadowland’s first ever DVD - "Edge of Night", Metal Mind Productions will release “Cautionary Tales”, a box featuring the DVD, as well as the re-mastered re-releases of their three studio albums (unavailable for a very long time). Packed with bonus tracks and features, this special limited edition box set provides the complete Shadowland experience!

Disk 1: DVD of the show at Wyspiański Theatre in Katowice, Poland plus bonus DVD footage from gig in Holland
Disk 2/3: Sound track CDs from Katowice show
Disk 4: “Ring of Roses” - re-mastered studio album plus three bonus tracks
Disk 5: “Through The Looking Glass” - re-mastered studio album plus bonus tracks
Disk 6: “Mad as a Hatter” - re-mastered studio album plus two live tracks from recent tour

SHADOWLAND - a British neo-progressive rock band originally formed in the 1990s, by Clive Nolan (Arena, Pendragon, Caamora) and Karl Groom (Threshold). The band's music tends towards the ‘songy’ side of progressive rock, while retaining its melodic and emotional intensity. They have developed a style that is both complex and easy listening. The band recorded three albums so far: "Ring of Roses" (1992), "Through the Looking Glass" (1994) and "Mad as a Hatter" (1996), their third studio album. Sadly, due to the onset of other commitments, Shadowland took a lengthy break from recording and performing between 1996 and 2008. Late in 2008 Nolan announced that Shadowland would be reforming for a tour in early 2009. Mark Westwood (Caamora, Neo) replaced Ian Salmon on the bass in this 2009 incarnation, but the rest of the original line-up from the 90's remained unchanged. The tour promoted a "best of" album entitled "A Matter of Perspective", featuring the band's favorite tracks from their three previous albums as well as some new material. During the tour, Shadowland also visited Poland. They played at the famous Wyspiański Theatre during the first edition of the progressive rock festival ProgRock 2009. The band’s performance was recorded and will be released on their forthcoming DVD entitled "Edge of Night" (due in July).

Metal Mind Productions plans to release "Cautionary Tales" on 6th July in Europe and 11th August in USA (via MVD). Limited to numbered 1000 copies! Full details to be revealed soon!

Edited by progmetalhead - May 08 2009 at 06:19
http://www.last.fm/user/colt2112

Colt - Admin Team MMA

andrius.v View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2009 at 08:30
Dammit, what a good thing, but I can imagine the price...
Clepsydra View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2009 at 13:11
I HAVE to have it!

Better start savings now!!!
Clepsydra View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2009 at 13:23
Originally posted by andrius.v andrius.v wrote:

Dammit, what a good thing, but I can imagine the price...

Yea, I'm afraid it will be very high Cry
huge View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2009 at 15:46
It never ceases to amaze me how these groups manage to keep back some extra material that can then be released at some future date, however with remastered versions of all three, that alone would whet the appetite, As Clepsydra stated - I'll have to start saving the pennies...
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2009 at 13:03
As previously announced, to coincide with Shadowland’s first ever DVD "Edge of Night", Metal Mind Productions will release “Cautionary Tales”, a box featuring the DVD as well as re-mastered re-releases of their three studio albums (unavailable for a very long time).

Shadowland is a British neo-progressive rock band formed in the 1990s, by Clive Nolan (Arena, Pendragon, Caamora) and Karl Groom (Threshold). The band's music tends towards the ‘songy’ side of progressive rock, while retaining its melodic and emotional intensity. The band recorded three albums so far: "Ring of Roses" (1992), "Through the Looking Glass" (1994) and "Mad as a Hatter" (1996). Sadly, due to the onset of other commitments, Shadowland took a lengthy break from recording and performing between 1996 and 2008. Late in 2008 Nolan announced that Shadowland would be reforming for a tour in early 2009. Mark Westwood (Caamora, Neo) replaced Ian Salmon on the bass in this 2009 incarnation, but the rest of the original line-up from the 90's remained unchanged. The tour promoted a "best of" album entitled "A Matter of Perspective", featuring the band's favorite tracks from their three previous albums as well as some new material. During the tour, Shadowland also visited Poland. They played at the famous Wyspiański Theatre during the first edition of the progressive rock festival ProgRock 2009. The band’s performance was recorded and will be released on DVD entitled "Edge of Night" (out on 3rd August).

Here is the complete tracklist of the “Cautionary” box set:

CD 1 - Ring of Roses:

1. The Whistleblower
2. Jigsaw
3. Scared of the Dark
4. Painting by Numbers
5. Hall of Mirrors
6. The Kruhulick Syndrome
7. Ring of Roses

Bonus Tracks:
8. Dorian Gray (Japanese Release)
9. I Judas (Japanese Release)
10. Jigsaw (Demo)
11. Ring of Roses (Demo)

CD 2 - Through the Looking Glass:

1. A Matter of Perspective
2. The Hunger
3. Dreams of the Ferryman
4. Half Moon Street
5. When the World Turns to White
6. The Waking Hour
7. Through the Looking Glass
8. Mindgames

Bonus Tracks:
9. So The Music Stops (Japanese Release)
10. Half Moon Street (Demo)
11. Foreign Lands Unused (Demo)

CD 3 - Mad as a Hatter:

1. U.S.I. (United States of Insanity)
2. Mephisto Bridge
3. Flatline
4. The Seventh Year - Part One: A Curious Tale/Part Two: Why Kruhulick?
5. Father
6. The Burning
7. Zuleika
8. Mad as a Hatter
9. Salvation Comes

Bonus Tracks:
10. Edge of Night (Special studio recording)
11. Phantoms (Japanese Release)
12. U.S.I. (Live in Holland 2009)

CD 4 – Edge Of Night (audio):

2. The Hunger
3. The Whistleblower
4. Mephisto Bridge
5. The Kruhulick Syndrome
6. The Waking Hour
7. Painting by Numbers

CD 5 – Edge Of Night (audio):

1. Hall of Mirrors
2. The Edge of Night
3. U.S.I.
4. The Seventh Year
5. Jigsaw
6. Dreams of the Ferryman
7. Ring of Roses

DVD – Edge Of Night:

2. The Hunger
3. The Whistleblower
4. Mephisto Bridge
5. The Kruhulick Syndrome
6. The Waking Hour
7. Painting by Numbers
8. Hall of Mirrors 
9. The Edge of Night
10. U.S.I.
11. The Seventh Year
12. Jigsaw
13. Dreams of the Ferryman
14. Ring of Roses

Packed with bonus tracks and features, this special limited edition box set provides the complete Shadowland experience!
Metal Mind Productions will release "Cautionary Tales" on 3rd August in Europe and 11th August in USA (via MVD). Limited to numbered 1000 copies!

Metal Mind Productions - Promo Dept.
POLAND
Clepsydra View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2009 at 21:40
Bumped to August, I see Cry
 Post Reply Post Reply