Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Tea party

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
zen shaman View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Tea party
    Posted: May 22 2009 at 06:38
yes he has. saw the debut shows of the armada in sydney last year and saw jeff perform an acoustic show with the drummer from the armada wayne p sheehy last sunday, wayne is an absloute freak on drums. having said that, though as much as i enjoy jeff's new project it's not disimilar to the tea party and as i said to my brother at the armada show last it makes you wonder why he broke the tea party up in the first place if he's going to return to a path that he has already gone down. no disrespect to jeff who i admire very much and no disrespect to wayne who as i said earlier is a freak on the kit Smile
Plankowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2009 at 01:58
Just thought I'd add Jeff Martin (also has a solo cd, "The Exile and The Kingdom") has a new project and a new cd released November 2008 on Kingdom Records... The Armada.

Chris S View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2009 at 19:05
Approved for crossoverThumbs Up
<font color=Brown>Music - The Sound Librarian

...As I venture through the slipstream, between the viaducts in your dreams...[/COLOR]
StyLaZyn View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2009 at 10:58
Originally posted by Padraic Padraic wrote:

Please stop shouting.  Stern Smile

WHAT?

Wink
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2009 at 10:50
Please stop shouting.  Stern Smile
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2009 at 09:53
I did some further research and Tea Party were also rejected by the Eclectic team.  I will post a link for the crossover team and see what their thoughts are.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2009 at 09:08
THANKS RUSHFAN4, JUST LOOKED UP THE LINK YOU SUGGESTED. IF NOT HEAVY PROG, SURELY CROSSOVER OR PROG RELATED
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2009 at 09:01
I did a search and it appears that there are at least 6 others who have suggested them previously.  This is the most recent.  http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=51368&KW=tea+party&PID=2951683#2951683   It appears that they were rejected for Heavy Prog, but potentially suggested for crossover.  I'm not sure if crossover looked at them or not.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2009 at 08:55
JUST WONDERING IF THERE IS ANYBODY ELSE OUT THERE WHO THINKS THAT THE TEA PARTY SHOULD BE IN THE PROG ARCHIVES. THIS WAS A BAND THAT WAS UNIQUE, AHEAD OF ITS TIME, HEAVILY INFLUENCED BY MUSIC FROM AROUND THE WORLD AND ACTUALLY PLAYED MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS FROM AROUND THE WORLD ON THEIR ALBUMS INSTEAD OF USING SAMPLES. THE EDGES OF TWILIGHT ALONE HAD 30 DIFFERENT INSTRUMENTS, FROM THE OBVIOUS LIKE THE SITAR TO THE DJEMBE, TAZ, SANTUR, OUD, TAMBOURA AMONGST OTHERS AND THE BAND WERE QUITE PROFICIENT ON THESE INSTRUMENTS. LOOK AT THE SONG SISTER AWAKE WHICH STARTS OF WITH A FOLK FEEL AND THEN PROGRESSES TO A MIDDLE EATERN SECTION BEFORE FULLY ROCKING OUT. EACH ALBUM THEY RELEASED SHOWED A DIFFERENT FACET OF THE BAND FROM THE MIDDLE EASTERN HEAVILY INFLUENCED "THE EDGES OF TWLIGHT" TO THE DARK, HEAVY INDUSTRIAL SOUNDING "TRANSMISSION". WHILST ALSO INCORPORATING A LED ZEP HARD ROCK SOUND, BLUES, PSYCHEDELIA AND MANY OTHER STYLES. LOOK THEM UP ON WIKIPEDIA THEY ARE CLASSIFIED UNDER THE GENRE SECTION AS HARD ROCK, WORLD MUSIC, PROGRESSIVE ROCK, INDUSTRIAL ROCK ETC.
 Post Reply Post Reply