Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMoon Safari

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moon Safari
    Posted: June 06 2009 at 12:24

And their album Blomljud. Can somebody please help me ? I like to sing when I'm listening music. Only when I'm alone, or when I'm with my girl (hehe, when I'm talking, I have lower voice then she, but when I sing, I can take my voice to such height that I'm almost wondering if someone ain't kicking me in my ..... you know into what), we are singing together in duet. I know, kinda strange, but nevermind.

I was trying to remember the lyrics of their songs. Sometimes its't possible, but most of times, it is not. Their Sweden and their English isn't so clear to hear. Yeah, it's nice record and I'm willing to gave it five stars, I even wrote my longest review on this, but concentrate on lyrics. I've tried to wrote them down, but for no use. I can catch only about 40% of words.

It's maybe because I'm not native speaker, so I'm not as good on English lang as I would be if I was. I suppose that lyric themes are mostly about some religion stuff, some happy stuff and good things in general. Perfect material for prog rock. And it doesn't sound preachy, it's only about the good things which is something why I can easily accept even little bit religious lyrics.

There is a link, I challenge you guys to take this text file and addn missing parts of lyrics to complete it. If you have some copy of Blomljud, otherwise it's useless to you. I've tried to do it myself and not to bother you, but I've failed, so ...

http://www.2shared.com/file/6146830/76b122df/MSaf.html

There's a point where "avant-garde" and "experimental" becomes "terrible" and "pointless,"

-Andyman1125 on Lulu

Even my
Prog-Brazil View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2009 at 15:15
WinkI love this band, but I can't understand..
I will download your text anyway.
Let the sunshine in
Marty McFly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2009 at 16:39

I also. It was hard to get their CD as long as it's not for sale in my country. Sad thing, they're really great and unknown.

So this also means that lyrics are absolutely unable to get. And this means that it's our job to make them. We, prog rockers are the ones for this job.

I hope we can get here more people, do some thinking 'n' listening so we can "guess" lyrics. He is really hard to understand. But when you don't think about what exactly he is singing, it's very pleasant.

So, dear Brazilian progger, we can join our skills together and make some of them. And we can hope someone will join us. Please report here how you like the lyrics. I know, it's not so much, but better than nothing for now.

There's a point where "avant-garde" and "experimental" becomes "terrible" and "pointless,"

-Andyman1125 on Lulu

Even my
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2009 at 08:05
Unfortunally I understand too little to help in this translation.
Anyway, I will listen MS again with your translation in hands to try get some missing words...
Later I'll post here my "guesses"..
Let the sunshine in
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2009 at 00:33

Well, I'm going to try Yasgur's Farm right now. We shall see. 

Are you succesful somehow ?

-Andyman1125 on Lulu

Even my
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2009 at 14:32
Marty, I listened the album (in fact, THE BEST OF 2008!!!!), but I couldn't complete the missing words.
The guesses I tryed didn't work, because t didn't fit with the text. It's not compreensible!
The vocalist is too fast to me!

In "Methuselah's Children", for example, I find:

some people try to touch the stars
plastic fantastic such ..
by the universe .. [expense to be unjudge by you ??] ...
the mortality can be bound that really

Can you send me your new trial?
I hope more people can help us...
Let the sunshine in
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2009 at 01:17

I've also tried to fit lyrics into logical sense. Even logic don't make much in these topics.

walking on light dust and wind
to mean to be slipped to feel in (which I added after conversation with my brother, that "feel in" can be phrasal word)
there's the .................................... (words I hear: there's the find that I you ... superior roots garden alose[?])
but it's easy to many (yeah, last words are clearly to hear)

some people try to touch the stars (undoubtable :-) )
plastic fantastic such ......... (a far ... it sounds like this, but this sentence doesn't make any sense, but I hear "r" at the end)
by the universe ......................... (beware, this "by" can be "while" too, it's tricky, yeah, now I hear "while" clearly, there is "expense" I think, but then could be "untouched" too and after this)

----------------------------------

so your these four rows could be (remember, COULD)

plastic fantastic such a far
while the universe expense to be untouched by dancing

-Andyman1125 on Lulu

Even my
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2009 at 01:38

---------------------------------------
Moonwalk
---------------------------------------
We are now approaching lunar sunrise
and for all the people back on Earth
the crew of Apollo 8
has a message that we would like to send to you
In the beginning
God created the heaven and the earth.

Reference at the bottom, little bit googling
http://www.jlaw.com/Commentary/odysseys.html

-Andyman1125 on Lulu

Even my
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2009 at 07:34
Originally posted by MartyMcFly89 MartyMcFly89 wrote:

plastic fantastic such a far
while
the universe expense to be untouched by dancing

Thanks! I would add "so far" after "plastic fantastic such".... but I think you found it already.
And I listened "while" instead "by" in the third verse.
I listened "manancing" (a word without sense), after "to be untouched by..." but "dancing" makes more sense. Wink
I will listen other songs.

Edited by Prog-Brazil - June 12 2009 at 07:36
Let the sunshine in
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2009 at 08:13

Problem part is Yasgurs Farm. Some guy with very proggy nickname on last.fm has helped me with some of lyrics. To the Bluebells mostly. And Other Half, nobody wants to go into this one :- ) I will add it here soon.

Also one DJ from prog radio in UK said that he could help me if he will be able to.

-Andyman1125 on Lulu

Even my
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2009 at 11:55
A friend of internet got this CD. I will ask him if it has lyrics Wink
Let the sunshine in
Jorvik View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2009 at 12:12
I bought this album probably about 18 months ago, but haven't listened all the way through -- I just couldn't stomach the relentlessly upbeat, chirpy nature of it at the time. I can't recall whether I'd heard any of them before buying (here or on MySpace or some such place), or whether I just bought it on the strength of reviews and because they are Scandinavian (maybe that's not a good idea -- I love a lot of Scandinavian bands but really detest The Flower Kings).

Anyway, I'm usually quite good at deciphering lyrics and if necessary I could manipulate the tracks in my home studio to make things more audible -- their singing is not particularly clearly enunciated and the vocals don't stand out a long way in the mix.

Anyway, as it was Friday afternoon I decided to listen at work on my music player and made a lot of notes whilst listening (I wish I could touch-type much quicker than I do!), when I should really have been working.

Now I'm home I have one question: why do you need to work out the lyrics when they're printed in the CD booklet?

Well, I suppose it gave me a spur to give the album another chance, even though I did waste my time. And the lyrics I worked out were much nearer the mark or spot on. Which is nice.
I ljuset från min lykta
ser jag skuggan utav sorg
drömmar som har slocknat
ifrån ett liv som haft sin tid          
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2009 at 04:51

1)Because it's fun to work on these lyrics (at least for me) and it's kinda adventure to discover such hard lyrics and that yeah, they're on booklet (as most of albums have), but they're not anywhere on internet, as most of music lyircs are. Why?

2)Because one can learn a lot about English language when trying to decide which word will fill in ?

3)And because my first try was in very special mood, typing while listening (I have it saved as first copy of lyrics)

do you need more reasons ?

-Andyman1125 on Lulu

Even my
Jackonthegreen View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2010 at 07:15
http://www.lyricstime.com/moon-safari-lyrics.html

All of the lyrics for "A Doorway to Summer" is here, can anyone upload the lyrics for "Blomljud" too?
 Post Reply Post Reply