Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Official Dies Irae Invitation Thread

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Official Dies Irae Invitation Thread
    Posted: June 15 2009 at 15:33
Ever since I joined this site back in 2004 I`ve always wondered why there has been so much fascination and discussion about  the well known bands here Yes, Crimson, VDGG etc. etc. Since I started to get into all this crazy music back in the mid seventies I`ve always sought out the weirdest most wacked out and crazy bands I could drag out of the abysses of second hand shops and stores that catered to long haired freaky people. Many of these bands came from Germany such as Amon Duul II, Grobschnitt, Guru Guru, Brainticket and Jane being some of the better known ones and even threads on these bands seem to die quick deaths here.

Fortunately there are entries on some lesser known German Kosmishe rock bands here such as one album wonders such as Neconimicon, Spermull, Golem and my favourite most spaced out of them all Dies Irae for whom I also provided the bio and myspace link for here on mighty PA . The Visitors another band from France is in the process of being added I believe. If it`s not then someone let me know.

So this is an invitation for those looking for something that they might have missed from the psyched out early seventies to get a blast from the past starting with Dies Irae who have just recently added a few tracks to their myspace page. Just go to the Dies Irae entry and click on their official website and let your immagination flow. Those who are into Jane and the first Sabbath album should like this.

Edited by Vibrationbaby - June 15 2009 at 15:33
 Post Reply Post Reply