Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Get The Word Out
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Enochian Theory :- 'Evolution: Creatio Ex Nihilio'
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedEnochian Theory :- 'Evolution: Creatio Ex Nihilio'

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Enochian Theory :- 'Evolution: Creatio Ex Nihilio'
    Posted: June 24 2009 at 11:39
Hi all.

Just a quick introduction to our music.

We are ENOCHIAN THEORY, a 3 piece 'prog' band from deepest, darkest Portsmouth on the south coast of England.

Our debut album, entitled 'Evolution: Creatio Ex Nihilio' will be available from Anomalousz Music Records/Code 7/Plastichead in August.

You are most welcome to visit our pretty homepage and check out our efforts:

www.enochiantheory.co.uk

The album was mixed and mastered by David Castillo, who has worked with OPETH and KATATONIA, amongst other 'progressive metal' acts and was recorded by the band.

We've been confirmed to play PROG POWER in Holland this year alongside some amazing acts...so we're are incredibly pleased to have been recognised for our hard work over the last few years.

Comments, conversation and queries always welcome.

Thanks for your time.

Ben

www.enochiantheory.co.uk

www.myspace.com/enochiantheoryband

"Direction...what we need to achieve..."
progmetalhead View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2009 at 11:54
Sounds great! Approve

Best of luck to you! Thumbs Up
http://www.last.fm/user/colt2112

Colt - Admin Team MMA

Ben Enochian View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2009 at 12:12
Thank you very much indeed.

We will certainly being giving it our all.
www.enochiantheory.co.uk

Bondarus View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2009 at 10:20

Hello all along overdue update on how things are shaping up for Enochian Theory.

Under a week to go before the release of Evolution: Creatio Ex Nihilio on the 3rd of August and things are getting pretty crazy.

Here’s just a little update on what the band have been up to recently and exciting things on the horizon.

Upcoming press coverage

Over the coming weeks and months, the band will be appearing in the following rock and metal magazines here in the U.K. They are...

- Big Cheese magazine out on the 29th of July
- Classic Rock – prog out on the 5th of Aug
- Terrorizer out on 15th of Aug
- Rocksound - Review in next issue
- Devolution Magazine - Review in next issue
- Noizzeater Magazine - Review in next issue
- PowerPlay - Review in September issue
- Metal Hammer - (TBC but will be covering it)

The band also has confirmed reviews in the following rock and metal magazines around Europe...

Inferno Magazine   - Finland - Review confirmed
Miasma Magazine   - Finland  - Review confirmed
Legacy Magazine   - Germany  - Review Confirmed
Metal Hammer Magazine  - Germany  - Review confirmed
Rockhard Magazine  - Greece  - Review confirmed
Helvete Magazine   - Norway - Review and interview confirmed
HMP Magazine   - Poland  - Review confirmed
Metal Hammer Magazine  - Poland  - Review confirmed - Interview published
Butcherian Vibe Magazine - Serbia  - Review and Interview confirmed
This Is Rock Magazine  - Spain  - Review and interview confirmed
Sweden Rock Magazine - Sweden  - Review confirmed
Head Bang Magazine  - Turkey  - Review Confirmed

Kerrang radio

Many thanks to Johnny Doom at Kerrang Radio, for giving the new album its 1st official airplay. He’s played the track “Apathia” from the new album on his Temple Of Doom shows on Kerrang Radio.

He picks his own playlist and has expressed his admiration for the band to Shaun. Hopefully there will be some further developments on this front shortly.
 The show can be listened to via the link below:

http://www.kerrangradio.co.uk/Article.asp?id=483079

Bruce Dickinson’s BBC Radio 6 rock show

A massive thanks to Bruce Dickinson for playing the band on his BBC Radio 6 rock show on Friday 17th July and confirming that he will again play the band on his show on the 7th of August.

The monstrous album closer 'A Monument To The Death Of An Idea' was the track chosen by the legendary Iron Maiden front man and here are some the highlights from what he said about the band...

"This album is most definitely designed as an album. You have to listen to it from start to finish...The album is quite diverse; it ranges far and wide and ideally needs to be savoured in one sitting...... Interesting stuff..."

You can listen to the excerpt from the 17th July show by visiting the bands MySpace page and selecting the 'A Monument To The Death Of An Idea' file on from the media player.

http://www.myspace.com/enochiantheoryband.
You can listen to Bruce’s show on 6Music in the UK on digital radio or via your television on Sky channel 0120, Telewest / NTL channel 909 or Freeview channel 707.

Or you can listen via the internet, both live and archived, via the BBC Radio Player.

Therockshow.co.uk on air interview

The band did a live on air interview with http://www.Therockshow.co.uk interspersed with music from the new album on the 20th July.
The band felt it went rather well and really enjoyed themselves.
Hopefully there will be highlights of this show made available via the bands website soon.

Online reviews of the cd

The band has so far had more than thirty reviews from around Europe on the internet. They’ve come from as far and wide as Holland, Germany, Spain, Finland, France, Ukraine, Romania, Sweden, Denmark, Italy, Norway, Poland, Greece, Belgium and the U.K.

You can read transcripts of every review of the band on our website but below are some of the highlights so far.

Burn Your Ears – Webzine - Germany – 10/10

Outstanding... Awesome.... and Brilliant

Sea Of Tranquillity – Webzine - UK – 4.5 / 5

For a three piece they have a huge, anathematic sound that on the surface often seems light and reflective but with a simmering dark undercurrent that makes for a compelling experience.
To sum up this is wonderfully crafted and executed release and even more importantly ends up being best described as unique. Unquestionably the kind of album that reveals more with each subsequent listen it will be on my playlist for a considerable period of time. Keep an eye out for this band they have a great future ahead of them.

Musik Terrorverlag – Webzine - Germany

Orchestration is exquisite and atmospheric... Each of the three musicians on his instrument is in a class by itself... Dreamy Prog...... A great work of art.

Metalmundus - Webzine - Poland – 9.5 / 10

One of the most interesting progressive rock releases of the year....

Louciferspeaks – Webzine - UK – 9.7 / 10

Enochian Theory have created a mammoth of an album. Filled with monumental landscapes, soaring melodies and a strangely hypnotic quality, this is truly an album that you can get lost in.
Every time I listen to it I spot something I missed before, or develop a mini obsession with a different track. Also, no matter how much you listen to it, it never gets old.

Rock Report – Webzine - Belgium

This is almost 50 minutes of progrock/metal bliss.... Truly inventive musical passages & song structures, efficient instrumentation & singing and above all great songs which make for a great album in general.

Archaic Magazine – Webzine - Belgium

One of the best debut albums I've ever heard.....

These musicians understand perfectly what Progressive means, they are not kidding like some Prog tainted acts, they collect and combine all the music that can be called Progressive with a commendable mastery, from Pink Floyd to Meshuggah, from King Crimson to Mogwai.

You are going to be simply amazed when you listen to this album...

Sound Chaser – Webzine - Croatia

Unique atmosphere..... The sound is rich and luxurious...... 

Silent Scream –Webzine - Italy

Immediate and spontaneous, giving the listener the illusion that we are witnessing a sort of stream of consciousness music also enriched from keyboards and orchestrations.

Metal Norge – Webzine - Norway – 9/10

Massive, beautiful, dimmed, moody, provocative and touching.....

Sonic Dice –Webzine – UK - 5 / 6

The range provided by Enochian theory is more than some can provide throughout a career....
They are set to join the high ranks of other prog-rock and prog-metal bands, such as Dream Theater, Threshold, Rush and Marillion and, for once, they are not a band which has set their bar too high....
This is not just any prog; this is thinking man’s prog.....

Heavy Metal.it – Webzine - Italy – 5 /5

Melancholic, Apocalyptic, Beautiful in their diversity.... A single pathway that branches off in multiple directions, embracing styles and sound leaving space for imagination..., The journey within minutes of the music....This is certainly an experience......

Deadwebzine – Ukraine – 10/10

Very interesting music.... Produced by and unique sound... The music has a perfect contrast between slow cold like ice melodies, spontaneous like fits of anger and incredible walls of massive metal sound.... It’s a unique masterpiece of metal music....

Melodic.net – Webzine - Sweden – 4/ 5

You have got to listen to the album in one piece and then let the soundscape float around in your system. It certainly is progressive and at times also with traces of death metal, but they've got a unique sound. I don't have to tell you it's great now, do I?

Reflections Of Darkness - Webzine – Germany - 8 / 10

For being a three piece act they have a huge sound base that never gives up. It just manages to build and build until its standing above all the rest. To sum this all up is simple, ‘Evolution Creation Ex Nihilio’ by ENOCHIAN THEORY is worthy of a listen one time through, if you go for a second round of it, you'll be drowning in a pool of pure amazement.

Maximum Rock Magazine – Romania – 9/10

Calmative parts have a therapeutic effect.
Frequent changes of rates means the listener does not get tired, and captures their attention.

Heavy Law – Webzine - France

“Evolution: Creatio Ex Nihilio" will destroy everything in its path! Because here is an opus which, in addition to embracing a diverse musical spectrum, should also attract a large enough public ...

This album is a real nugget that has many apparatuses, all more attractive and hypnotic as the others! This musical entity will win everything in the months and years to come...

Power Of Metal – Webzine - Germany – 80 / 100

Innovative, intelligent and experimental....One of the most colourful and versatile melting pots I've heard for some time... The picture they are painting is abstract, obscure and profound, creating a piece of art that has a lot more to offer than meets the eye...

www.enochiantheory.co.uk

"I am the coming of a new age, pass your sh*t by far..."
Arisitides View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2009 at 08:53
Hi guys! I discovered you from a review of www.rocking.gr (greek) and listened to your music at your myspace site. I liked it very much so I ordered "Evolution: Creatio Ex Nihilio" cd and now I can't wait to get it!
Good luck to you (you deserve it!) and hope to see you someday in Athens!
Mr ProgFreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2009 at 10:15
I'll definitely give it a listen ... it's available at eMusic.com. :-)
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2009 at 10:29
Thanks for the kind comments guys and hope you do indeed enjoy the record.

We sincerely hope to get out to everywhere in Europe and beyond...but it's difficult because we're doing everything ourselves...but fingers crossed ay?

Thanks again for the support.

Ben
ENOCHIAN THEORY
www.enochiantheory.co.uk

Bondarus View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2009 at 14:52

Evening all

Thought it was time for another update regarding the fortunes of my cousin’s band.

The new album has been officially out for about a month now and they’re beginning to get some excellent feedback...speaking of which...

Reviews

The reviews section of the bands website now has 70+ reviews for the new cd.  They’ve received highly rated reviews in such printed magazines as METAL HAMMER, CLASSIC ROCK, TERRORIZER, POWERPLAY, ROCK HARD and many more across Europe.

Also there have been numerous excellent reviews on many webzines and other small publications. As mentioned before, you can view them all on our forum.

You can view them all by going to the forum here:

http://www.enochiantheory.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=19

If you're not already a member of the bands forum, please sign up and share your views!

Tour

ENOCHIAN THEORY will be out playing some shows in the UK at the end of September in preparation for their first European show at the magnificent PROG POWER festival in Holland come early October.

You can view all the dates here:

http://www.enochiantheory.co.uk/frame.php?p=tour

Promotion Video

You can view a short promotional piece for the new album on YouTube. It was created by Shaun of the band to promote the new record. Tell your friends and anyone else you think who might like the music!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCNzRhM9U_4

As ever, if you would like to ask us anything...please feel free to email the band and we hope to see you at some of the upcoming shows.

www.enochiantheory.co.uk

J-Man View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2009 at 08:36
I have listened to some of your music, and the prog metal team is very impressed! I have voted YES as have a few others, so you might have a page on this site soonThumbs Up

-Jeff

Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Bondarus View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2009 at 02:09
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

I have listened to some of your music, and the prog metal team is very impressed! I have voted YES as have a few others, so you might have a page on this site soonThumbs Up

-Jeff

Hi Jeff

Thanks for all your support, the band really appreciates it. Having a page on this site woould be amazing.

Keep rocking

Bondy
www.enochiantheory.co.uk

UMUR View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2009 at 05:24

I really enjoyed the myspace samples and voted yes right away too.

I´ve checked the PMT chart at ProgFreak and it seems that Enochian Theory have been cleared for addition: http://progfreak.com/home/progarchives.xhtml?path=pm/cleared

This means that all we need is a bio ( unbiased and non promotional) and a picture to add the band to PA. You´re welcome to send a bio and a link to a picture to me if you want to speed the process ( I might make a few cuts if I think that it´s neccessary). The normal procedure is that we write a bio, but we´re only able to write a bio from the usually sparse info on the internet and I can´t promise that it´s our first priority. As you can see from the link there are many artists waiting to be added.
TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2009 at 07:50
Love your music Ben!

Clap

Bondarus View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2009 at 11:51
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

I really enjoyed the myspace samples and voted yes right away too.

I´ve checked the PMT chart at ProgFreak and it seems that Enochian Theory have been cleared for addition: http://progfreak.com/home/progarchives.xhtml?path=pm/cleared

This means that all we need is a bio ( unbiased and non promotional) and a picture to add the band to PA. You´re welcome to send a bio and a link to a picture to me if you want to speed the process ( I might make a few cuts if I think that it´s neccessary). The normal procedure is that we write a bio, but we´re only able to write a bio from the usually sparse info on the internet and I can´t promise that it´s our first priority. As you can see from the link there are many artists waiting to be added.

Hi UMUR.

I've just okayed it with Ben and will put a bio together for the band which I will forward to you with a promotional picture.

I'll use their wikipedia page as a base

and flesh it out with information that the band would liek to include. The wiki bio should be impartial by its very nature, so anything I add will keep with that theme.

Hope that is okay?

Edited by Bondarus - September 22 2009 at 11:54
www.enochiantheory.co.uk

UMUR View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2009 at 12:16
That sounds greatClap. Just make sure not to copy and paste from wiki. We can get in trouble because of copyright. Using Wiki for inspiration is perfectly allright thoughThumbs Up.
Bondarus View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2009 at 14:46

That sounds greatClap. Just make sure not to copy and paste from wiki. We can get in trouble because of copyright. Using Wiki for inspiration is perfectly allright thoughThumbs Up.

Just PM'd you with the bio and details of where to get one of the bands promo shots. Hope its okay?  Wink
www.enochiantheory.co.uk

inrainbows View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2009 at 15:06
I'm glad to see Enochian in PA !! Clap 
UMUR View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2009 at 01:41
Originally posted by Bondarus Bondarus wrote:

Just PM'd you with the bio and details of where to get one of the bands promo shots. Hope its okay?  Wink

Thanks a lot. I´ll take a look and write for the promo picture as you suggest in your PM.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2009 at 05:21
Yay us!
Smile
www.enochiantheory.co.uk

Post Reply Post Reply