Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew Phideaux album "Number Seven" now out

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2009 at 08:44
PX, I am serious.  In the glutted market of prog and music in general, you are one that stands out in the marketplace that those people cater to right now.  You are a little behind the eight ball now because things have died down from DDA and you made the announcement in November that new material was coming and then it took 8 months.  I don't have any idea what your sales figures are but it seems to me that a new release right now would be in the top 10% of sales for those internet prog guys when it is first released.  For them that is a sure thing and what keeps them in business.  They would love to build a relationship with you, even if it is just a handshake and a few words.

It seems you are a little reticient about the business side of the music biz.  Unfortunately It is a necessary evil when you aren't splashed all over the radio or have good label support.  I just hope this doesn't impede your success because what I have read about you and the way you go about making music seems unique and fresh.  Hang in there, man.  The struggle never ends.
Biggles was in rehab last Saturday
LiquidEternity View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2009 at 10:24
Yeah, Amazon sent back an email saying that they have none of the album yet in their warehouses anywhere. I have no idea what that means for this, but I'm giving them a couple more days (because I have more in the order, you see, a good bargain), but if nothing comes forward by the end of the week, I'm switching to elsewhere.
Buried in Green View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2009 at 12:35
Actually, I ordered Number Seven from Amazon.com on June 26th, and for a few days it said that they had no copies, but then they sent me an email update telling me that they actually did and my item would ship in the next few days. It shipped June 29th, and I should be recieving it either today or tomorrow. I don't know why LiquidEternity's item isn't shipping, as he ordered a day before I did...
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2009 at 17:42
Okay, now apparently it should be shipping the 6 of July, which is almost acceptable... Except they decided to break up the frakking shipment! I made it come to just over 25 dollars to get the best bang for my buck here, right? And suddenly it's all separated, though it's all leaving on the same day and from the same place, so I'm losing six or seven dollars. Stupid store. And what's EVEN better is that at this current stage in shipping or preparation or whatever, I can't make any changes. So last minute they're charging me an additional hunk of money and I can't do anything about it? BullCRAP.

Gah. I always use independent sellers through amazon, never the actual store. Looks like my thinking was in order before. Yeesh.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2009 at 18:34
Okay, at the moment, everything looks like it will be free for the shipping. It had bloody better well stay that way, you know?
Phideaux View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2009 at 00:38
naw, even if they send them all on separate days but you ordered with free shipping they have to honour that.  Sorry it's taken so long
Marlon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2009 at 06:58
Just ordered mine from cdbaby. Can't wait to hear it.
6Degrees View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2009 at 07:34
Just now I'm listening this amazing album!
Wow!  Congratulations, and thank You. You are great.
It's better even than the wonderful Doomsday AfternoonFor me is without any doubt the album of the year.

Edited by 6Degrees - July 04 2009 at 10:22
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2009 at 08:33
Yes, yay! Things are sorting out. Number 7 shipped this morning! How exciting. I should get it by my birthday! The others are going to take their time, but I they took the price of shipping back off again. Now I'm happier. Guh. What a hassle.
johnobvious View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2009 at 11:59
I just ordered a dredg album and two books on amazon to get over $25 that they separated the order.  You still get free shipping anyway.  That's the policy.
Biggles was in rehab last Saturday
avestin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2009 at 12:37
Ordered Number 7 from Laser's Edge just now, looking forward

Marlon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2009 at 18:16
As I said in the morning. Ordered mine from cdbaby today. It's my first order there and I've just received a message saying that the order has shipped. I'm really impressed with this!!!!!!!!

CDBaby deserves a great ClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

kenmartree View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2009 at 16:22
I'll be ordering my copy as soon as I get home from Greg Walker.  Xaiver,  I'd like to thank you for your music,  My daughter is 2 and we've been listening to Doomsday Afternoon for most of her life.  Awesome album which we like to dance to,  I know prog is not supposed to be dance music but for us it is.  Some of the time changes is The Doctrine of Eternal Ice are particularly good.  Very excited to hear the new album

Kenmar
Phideaux View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2009 at 19:31
awww, your poor daughter.  Send me the therapy bill and I'll split it with you when she's older!

in seriousness, I'm touched!
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2009 at 20:37
Ha, Phideaux, I'm trying to get my girlfriend interested in your stuff. It's slow going, because you aren't indie enough or something. But anyways, Doomsday Afternoon is passable, not annoying but not really catching. I'm thinking 313 is more up her alley. I don't have The Great Leap yet, though it's on my list, but I understand that might be plausible. Heh. You see, to me, your music is like indie but it doesn't suck. Not a bad combo, you see...
Phideaux View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2009 at 20:41
although I know you don't like to download, if you want to try some Leap stuff, we have some of the songs on bloodfish.com in the media section and they are free downloads...

Good luck with her!  :-)
avestin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2009 at 20:50
I guess I'm lucky then, cause my wife and I love Doomsday Afternoon (and we're now going through your back catalog) and we're both coming to your show in Brooklyn.
Should receive Number 7 next week in the mail, looking forward to that, as the samples in Reverbnation sounded great!

Phideaux View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2009 at 01:35
Awesome Avestin, I look forward to meeting you there.  I think we have between 45 min and hour set.  (i'm going to try for hour so we can play some longer things...)

If you like Doomsday, you'll like the set...  ;-)
avestin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2009 at 09:40
Originally posted by Phideaux Phideaux wrote:

Awesome Avestin, I look forward to meeting you there.  I think we have between 45 min and hour set.  (i'm going to try for hour so we can play some longer things...)

If you like Doomsday, you'll like the set...  ;-)

Awesome (from both of us) Big smile

kenmartree View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2009 at 10:57
Originally posted by Phideaux Phideaux wrote:

awww, your poor daughter.  Send me the therapy bill and I'll split it with you when she's older!

in seriousness, I'm touched!

Though the concept of Doomsday may be dark,  The music is mostly  " happy ".  At two years old my daughter doesn't pay much attention to the lyrics.  She likes your music much more than say Porcupine Tree,  where a lot of the music is dark.  I'll hit Steve Wilson up for the therapy bill.

Some of my daughters other favs along with Doomsday are Bacio della Medusa ( 2nd album) and Marillion Marbles.  

Looking forward to getting my copy of Number 7,  No West Coast tour?     kenmar
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>