FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew Phideaux album "Number Seven" now out

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2009 at 23:41
Originally posted by LiquidEternity LiquidEternity wrote:

Your new album gets its first, unabashed, hateful review. Enjoy differing opinions! 

hahaha, it does seem quite unabashed.  It's always good to get well reasoned critique.  Most helpful to me, as well, I'm sure to the listeners.

I will savour it, Liquid! 

cheers
PX
natewait View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2009 at 09:51
Ouch, those last two reviews are pretty harsh.  They must have gotten the wrong album by mistake, because I'm still listening to Number Seven regularly and it continues to climb up my list of best albums.
Please check out my Progressive Music Blog: The Leviathan.
LiquidEternity View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2009 at 09:58
Honestly, even if I didn't like Phideaux's music, I find it pretty inoffensive. Meaning, if Number Seven were not appealing to me, I still doubt I'd rate it lower than three stars, though two is possible. But since I do like it... I'll continue to put off reviewing it. That's how these things work, you see.
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2009 at 09:59
Originally posted by natewait natewait wrote:

Ouch, those last two reviews are pretty harsh.  They must have gotten the wrong album by mistake, because I'm still listening to Number Seven regularly and it continues to climb up my list of best albums.

One has to wonder if they are actually listening to the same album I am or just trashing it for the sake of trashing it.

Edited by Slartibartfast - July 28 2009 at 17:38
Zebedee View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2009 at 10:44
An extremely high average rating can be annoying if one doesn't like that particular album, which might explain the harsh reviews.

But it's nice to be able to read some totally differing opinions, even though I would have liked a bit more well reasoned critique.
I'd be interested to know what exactly makes some people hate this album (apart from it sounding 'amateurish') while others (including myself) have fallen in love with it.

Edited by Zebedee - July 28 2009 at 11:09

Friendship is like wetting your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth.
Phideaux View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2009 at 15:18
It's very interesting how similarly the reviewers felt, almost as if they were of one mind.   Perhaps, the hive mind...
Zebedee View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2009 at 16:18
Love your new signature Phideaux. Looks like you've found new ways to promote your album LOL

But seriously, I wish every artist could deal with criticism like that. 

Edited by Zebedee - July 28 2009 at 16:19

Friendship is like wetting your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth.
HemaleTrouble View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2009 at 16:26
Clearly it's the same piece of filth.  In addition to the reviews being remarkably similar, he also uses an identical naming scheme for his avatars (e.g. animal_butterfly and shapes_swish); also, the avatars look like they were created by the same "artist".   No doubt he's the same jerk who created all those multiple accounts and left 1-star ratings, only now he seems to be trying to step up his game a little. Wacko

EDIT:  D'oh, my bad about the avatars observation -- I didn't realize those were built-in options in the PA control panel. LOL

Edited by HemaleTrouble - July 29 2009 at 12:58
"She forced me at gunpoint into her crummy little house, stripped me of my clothes, and made me exhibit myself in front of her!" - Edith Massey, "Female Trouble"
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2009 at 17:37
I was about to comment on the similarity of those crummy one star reviews.  When I saw your new signature, Phideaux, best laugh I've had all day. LOL
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

CCVP View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2009 at 18:24
Originally posted by Phideaux Phideaux wrote:

I'm hopeful to see you here in the USA soon mr. M.  I trust you got my parcel.  If not, let me know.

PX

Say Phideaux, when will you be touring below the Equator? I'm eager to see you live, specially now that you have released 2 (pretty soon will be 3) awesome albums. I would definitely pay a buck to see you here in Brazil.

About Number 7, I quite liked the album, but I think Doomsday Afternoon is much better and that it may be a bit overpraised. You see,  in my honest, honest opinion, I believe that Doomsday is you magnum opus (in fact, it is one of my favorite albums ever) and 7 is just a very good album. Still, congratulations! And anxiously waiting the ending chapter of the trilogy.
Phideaux View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2009 at 21:25
Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

... your new signature, Phideaux, best laugh I've had all day. LOL

Thank ye Slarti!  Wink  I thought it was rather fun!  It seems to be in Manglish...
JLocke View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2009 at 21:43
I can't wait for Progchen's release. He/she's obviously created something amazing to be able to slay an album as great as "Number Seven" with such confidence.

Or of course there's the other possibility that progchen is a cornt. Wink
Dirk View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2009 at 09:57
You know you've made it as an artist on this site once the 1 star ratings start raining in. I remember that  the admins here once  changed the ranking process in a way that Bacamarte's relatively unkown classic Depois do fim was number 7 in the all time greats list while the highest ranked DT album was to be found at no 50 or so. This attracted many negative comments and Depos do fim promptly acquired a slew of 1 start ratings from people who obviously never listened to it.

I'm still wondering if i like Number 7 better than Doomsday afternoon, not much in it. I also got 4 earlier albums now, didn't listen to all of them as of yet but Chupacabras is on the same level imo as the last 2 releases probably everyone posting in this thread knows that already.Just goes to show you need a little luck sometimes, people picking up a good album and spreading the word which obviously happened with Doomsday Afternoon.
MrJari View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2010 at 07:13
When "Number Seven" Release 2 is out???

Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567