Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Memories of Woostock Festival, Shrewsbury,UK,Aug09
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMemories of Woostock Festival, Shrewsbury,UK,Aug09

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Memories of Woostock Festival, Shrewsbury,UK,Aug09
    Posted: July 01 2009 at 07:37
Hi guys

Wondered if any of you are planning to go to Memories of Woodstock 7th to 9th August? based just outside Shrewsbury, UK

Line up is on the website (and is an excellent one)  www.new-dawn-events.co.uk

Features Jethro Tull, John Lees Barclay James Harvest,(4 of their tracks are with orchestra) Blood Sweat and Tears, Bruce, Trower and Husband,  Uriah Heep, Asia, Focus, Edgar Broughton Band, Curved Air, Jefferson Starship, Quick Silver messenger Service, Strawbs and lots of others

Day tix are £36.00 weekend is £100 and camping £5 day.

Cheers

Wilcey View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2009 at 16:52
I'll be there on the Friday for Pendragon! Big smile 

But at the Fish convention for the rest of the weekend! Approve
GuyM View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2009 at 01:47
I'll be at the Cambridge Rock Festival
The Runaway View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2009 at 04:01
I'll be at Corfu, Greece, punching myself in the head for not being able to go.
Trendsetter win!

The search for nonexistent perfection.
huge View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2009 at 09:19
Unfortunately the Asia connection - Icon, Carl Palmer and Steve Howe on the Friday together with Asia on the Saturday will NOT be appearing, though at present there is a suggestion that Carl Palmer might - but I wouldn't hold your breath!!
huge View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2009 at 16:43
To add to my previous post - Carl Palmer will NOT be present. Focus and Uriah Heep have also withdrawn. However on the Friday we do have Pendragon, win some lose some, eh?

It would appear that the weekend is in some jeopardy.
crimhead View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2009 at 18:03
Too bad Carl, Focus and UH will not be there. That lineup looked sick with the exception of Jeff Starship. If it were Jeff Airplane that would be another story.
froggyted View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2009 at 07:05
An amended lineup has been published on the official website  http://www.new-dawn-events.co.uk/

It's true that some major names have withdrawn, but some interesting acts have been booked to replace them, such as Climax Blues Band, Miller Anderson (ex Keef Hartley Band) and Chris Farlow (sic?) & The Animals. All these are booked for the Friday, which is really annoying because that's the one day i'm not going!

Mostly Autumn will be one of the highlights of the Saturday, one of the best bands around at the moment imo, but the rest of the lineup looks good with Bruce Trower & Husband, Edgar Broughton Band, Curved Air etc. The Sunday looks particularly appetisiing with Strawbs, Melanie, Jethro Tull and John Lees' Barclay James Harvest with the National Symphony Orchestra (the first time any incarnation of Barclay James Harvest has played with an orchestra in Britain since about 1973!). This is the only gig that the orchestra are scheduled to appear with the Barclays. Incidentally, esotericarts, how do you know that the band are doing (only) four numbers with the orchestra, do you have some insider knowledge? As far as i know that hasn't even been stated on the official Barclays forum. 

There is an ongoing debate about this festival on the bjh site at http://www.bjharvest.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1520 which might help keep people up to speed about what's going on. It's true that the festival has looked in jeopardy, but things have looked a bit more promising over the last few days, and i think that Planet Rock are due to start pushing it. I guess that the more people that buy tickets the more likely it will be a success. If you buy by credit card (or, according to my bank, debit card, but check with your own bank) you should be able to get a refund if things don't work out.

Edited by froggyted - July 24 2009 at 05:45
froggyted View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2009 at 05:44

Planet Rock have posted a statement that the festival is definitely still on. They have their name on the tickets so presumably are in close contact with the organisers. Click on 'More News' and scroll down:

http://www.planetrock.com/default.asp

huge View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2009 at 07:18
In addition to the above, just come off the phone having spoken to Brian, without getting into legalities (and it would appear there a few!) the weekend is all systems go. The NSO who were at the West Mid Showground gave the venue, sound, etc. a clean bill of health which for the purposes of BJH was all that they needed, the other acts lined up are with other management teams. Friday could well see the addition of Roy Wood, though he's waiting for confirmation on some of his group (I've been told). Roy lives quite close to the venue anyway.

The weekend promises to be a great one despite the change in line up. see you there...
froggyted View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2009 at 07:57
Thanks for that info huge. Yeah, i'll be there for the Saturday and Sunday. Wish i was there on the Friday to see Pendragon etc.

Edited by froggyted - July 24 2009 at 07:59
huge View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2009 at 15:40
Further info, I should have stated that the NSO were at the venue for the May concert and were perfectly satisified with all health and safety issues, sound and security contrary to what has been stated elsewhere, I too was more than satisfied with the concert over that same period having attended it - I have now recieved my tickets for the August dates - bring it on...
Cambridge Rock Fest View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2009 at 12:54
The Cambridge Rock Festival is offering discounted tickets to anyone who cannot get a refund for the memories of woodstock event. please ring with proof of purchase 01353 749749 www.cambridgerockfestival.co.uk
froggyted View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2009 at 17:21
I would expect that everybody that wished should be able to get a refund for Woodstock. If you have paid by credit card your credit card company will chase it up for you, and i have been informed by my bank that they will chase up even if you have paid by debit card (but check with your own bank). I'm not applying for a refund myself, i fully intend to go to the festival, but it's nice to know this.
huge View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2009 at 09:42
Quick update - I've been led to believe that Pendragon will probably be headlining
Wilcey View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2009 at 09:44
Pendragon have the slot between 5pm & 6pm, so we really hope to see some folks there!

W x
froggyted View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2009 at 05:57
I'm really disappointed that i won't be there to see Pendragon, i've heard so much about them, but work commitments preclude me making the Friday. I don't suppose there's any chance they could do an extra gig on the Sunday?  ;-)
Flapdoodle View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2009 at 08:56
Jethro Tull have pulled out.
huge View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2009 at 11:02
Where have you managed to find that info? There is nothing on the New Dawn Event website or anything on the Jethro Tull site? Or is this some more rumouring going on?
Flapdoodle View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2009 at 12:00
Dave Rees had an e-mail from Tull's management and posted it on the Fairport website.

"Tull are now officially out of the MOW festival due to the promoter being 2 months late with the deposit (not to mention the balance)!   Despite many extensions of payment dates from our end and the offer to reduce the artist fee this week, Brian Davies (promoter) has just told me that he cannot pay.  I believe that it is due to terrible sales and his lack of financial planning.

Please can you pass this e-mail onto anyone that you think might benefit from knowing.  He assures me that he will reimburse buyers back if they so wish.  His phone number is on his New Dawn Events website.

We at the Tull camp are very angry at Brian Davies for stringing this along for so long.  We are sorry for all those fans who were expecting a whole weekend of great bands, most of whom, have now pulled out for the same reasons."

Shame - it seemed like a good idea at the time! Rest assured Tull will still be at WEYFEST though Wink

James
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>