Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBjorn Lynne for PA?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bjorn Lynne for PA?
    Posted: July 03 2009 at 21:10
Norwegian composer residing in England with a varied style, which might fit into Electronic at times and at others into Eclectic.

Not sure myself about his "suitability" for PA, but of what I heard on his Myspace, there is merit to the idea.

http://www.lynnemusic.com/

His Myspace bio (with links for his websites with more samples):
http://www.myspace.com/bjornlynne

Bjorn Lynne has been a full time composer, producer and sound designer for 10 years. He is originally from Norway, but moved to England in 1995 and has spent most of his music life there. He has now recently moved back to Norway and settled into new house on the seafront in an idyllic small seaside town called Stavern.

Bjorn’s music was recently used extensively in the prestigious BBC documentary series "Meet the Ancestors". You can also hear his music in dozens of other TV programs, series and films ("The Oracle", "Vampire Sisters") and in video games ("Worms", "Lemmings" and many many others).

Bjorn Lynne has sold more than 10,000 CDs from his personal web site and continues to write music both for fun and for a living. His new album, for release spring 2006, is called "Beneath Another Sky" and is a captivating, atmospheric, dynamic and melodic, musical journey to another world.

If you want to buy Bjorn Lynne CDs for personal use, you can do that from Bjorn’s own personal CD-shop (www.lynnemusic.com/cdshop.html) or from CDBaby (www.cdbaby.com/group/bjornlynne) or from download shops such as Rhapsody, iTunes, mp3tunes, MSN Music, etc.

If you would like to license Bjorn’s music for use in film, media, games or any other project, you can purchase a royalty-free license for any Bjorn Lynne track from http://www.shockwave-sound.com

Edited by avestin - July 03 2009 at 21:14
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2009 at 23:59
Bjorn Lynne's been here in PA since the site's early days (I discovered the artist years ago thanks to this site's mp3 -- one of the mp3 in Progressive Electronic that immediately hooked me the most): LYNNE, BJORN

EDIT:
Anyway, I'm glad that this artist is getting more recognition cause I really like his work, and perhaps this could serve as an appreciation thread.  I actually got this album thanks to hearing that mp3:

3.23 | 4 ratings
The Gods Awaken

Edited by Logan - July 04 2009 at 00:23
Just a fanboy passin' through.
avestin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2009 at 13:22
My mistake, sorry.

Post Reply Post Reply