Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Duplicated entries

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 51>
Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2015 at 23:08
Please use this artist ID in near future, collabs! Thumbs Up

Edited by DamoXt7942 - January 14 2015 at 23:08
Glimpse View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glimpse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2015 at 20:16
The Papir / Electric Moon collaboration "The Papermoon Sessions" is listed twice, once on Papir's page and once on Electric Moon's. 

NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2015 at 01:03
^ Thanks, I'll report this to admins.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Glimpse View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glimpse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2015 at 13:02
The 1985 reissue of Can's 1979 self-titled album, "Inner Space", is listed as a separate release. 

The Bearded Bard View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2015 at 09:54
^ Yeah, this is another case (Uriah Heep's debut and it's s/t US edition is another one) where two basically identical albums were added by the site's founder, probably in the very early days of the site, before it was decided that just one submission was needed in these cases and/or what should be considered a duplicate entry, and therefore not eligible for addition. Anyway, that is my guess as to why both of those editions were added.

Furthermore, as in the case of UH, both albums has reviews, which makes the delition of one of them a real hassle, as reviews can not be moved, they must be saved by the reviewer (of which many are no longer active members, and therefore not easy to get in touch with) and re-submitted to the other album, or else they'll be deleted with the album, so I think the best thing in these cases is to just leave it as it is.

Edited by The Bearded Bard - September 03 2015 at 18:05
katatonia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katatonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2016 at 01:59
I came in to talk about Jeff Beck PA page.some albums are really extra and shouldn't be here.the first four acts [Truth/Beck-ola/Rough and Ready/Jeff Beck Group] are obviously related to jeff beck group,not jeff beck solely,and doesn't belong in here in million years,not even 10% prog,and the worst is (Beck,Bogert and Appice),donno how it can even relate to music,let alone prog,it's a real ridiculous piece of record,so the first 5s should be removed,I know some will say no,cuz members have written a review about'em.but by what costs?some records completely unproggy and not beck's,they're for his projects,not his.BLOW BY BLOW is his real debut.and later,the collaboration with The Big Town Playboys,it's mostly theirs,not Beck's,what's more its a tribute album,not a studio one
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2016 at 06:33
^ The site policy is: if the artist is here, the entire discography should be here (there are few exceptions though).
We don't sort albums by their progginess. You can describe in reviews how poor and 0% prog some Beck albums are. But nobody will delete albums.
katatonia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katatonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2016 at 09:33
you didn't get what I mean,I'm desperate now.dude,the first 4 albums are THE JEFF BECK GROUP,not jeff beck,isn't it clear? Smile
and Beck,Bogert,Appice is a project itself,again not jeff beck.progarchives is not a grocey store :) when the page is named Jeff Beck,it should remain jeff beck,not everything containing the name of jeff beck.so why don't we include Altamont and Karma in SWs page?and for manfred mann,MANFRED MANN CHAPTER THREE,MANFRED MANN'S EARTH BAND and his sole project are seperate stuff that's the way it should be.
yet,if you wanna show that your right cuz you've been here a decade before me,well,that's another story.that's why I don't show up much in the forum Tongue bon voyage bro
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2016 at 10:12
^ You're quite a long time here, I think enough to understand how PA works.

We can like or dislike something (for example, I would prefer to have all Manfred Mann's bands/projects under MANFRED MANN), but there are genre teams and admins who decide to which category bands/artists belong.

This thread is called "Duplicated entries" and its purpose is to report albums listed more than once in PA database. Then admins delete reported albums (only admins have the right to delete albums).
There are no duplications in Jeff Beck's discography, so you chose wrong thread (though that's not the point).

If you'd like to make changes in Jeff's discography, please contact members of Jazz-Rock/Fusion Team, it's their competence.

Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2016 at 09:30
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=1103

I'll now raise the question of the long time semi-lost third album of PD:
From what I reckon it has become a sort of phoenix, underwenting several rebirths and confusing our minds to the point of having now 3 (three)  references on the discography (and many more out there, legal and illegal), each with its own cover but intrinsically the same contents (bonus tracks aside)

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=5719

1. Trafalgar (3:08)
2. I Love You Still (4:02)
3. Jenny (4:05)
4. It's All for You (3:47)
5. Suicide (2:01)
6. While You Were Out (2:33)
7. Only You (4:28)
8. Today I Feel (3:03)
9. Painted Ladies (3:18)
10. Falling in Love (3:21)

Total Time: 33:46

Now, with different title but same original 10 tracks plus bonus
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=16132

1. Only You (4:33)
2. Painted Ladies (3:22)
3. Falling In Love (3:27)
4. Today (3:08)
5. Trafalger (3:10)
6. I Love You Still (4:04)
7. Jenny (4:07)
8. It's All For You (3:50)
9. Suicide (2:03)
10. While You Were Out (2:38)

bonus tracks:
11. Song Dance (6:29)
12. Of Once And Future Kings (6:50)
13. Natchez Trace (4:18)
14. A Little Better (2:18)
15. A Look In Your Eyes (4:27)
16. Julia (2:55)
17. She Came Shining (4:37)
18. Did You See Him Cry (6:06)
19. Theme From Subway Sue (5:40)
20. I Wait For You (1:44)

Total Time: 79:46

And recent new addition, same situation but remastered and plus different bonus tracks
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=47549

01. Good Bye Trafalgar (3:27)
02. Falling in Love (3:24)
03. Only You (4:31)
04. Painted Ladies (3:19)
05. I Love You Still (4:06)
06. Jenny (4:09)
07. Today (3:05)
08. Stop Short (Studio Outtake) [Bonus Track] (2:38)
09. It's All for You (3:50)
10. Suicide (2:02)
11. While You Were Out (2:51)
12. Falling in Love (Alternative Mix) [Bonus Track] (3:19)
13. Julia (D. Surkamp Acoustic Version 2007) [Bonus Track] (3:05)
14. She Came Shining (Live 2012) [Bonus Track] (5:36)
15. Fast Gun (Live 2011) [Bonus Track] (3:21)
16. She Breaks Like a Morning Sky (Live 2011) [Bonus Track] (5:27)
17. Paris (Live 2011) [Bonus Track] (4:45)
18. Good Bye Trafalgar (Live 2012) [Bonus Track] (3:10)
19. Only You (Live 2012) [Bonus Track] (6:47)

Total Time 1:12:44

IMO we could give some order to this profusion of releases and maybe unify them under a single entry with enough references to accomodate the differences - or at least put them under the same roof, be it studio or compilation or whatever, the present way is confusing.

And look here for explanations

http://pavlovsdogband.tripod.com/pavlov6.html

Edited by Quinino - February 11 2016 at 09:32
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2016 at 14:21
^ Thanks, José, I think we can make it. 
Hope this weekend I'll sort it out and explain how. Not earlier because I'm damn busy during this work week.
Modrigue View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Modrigue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2016 at 03:32
Hello

I think these 2 EPs from Tangerine Dream are the same record:

The tracklist is identical, as proven by these websites:

The correct EP name seems to be "Das Mädchen Auf Der Treppe":

BTW, I wrote a review for one of these discs. Is it possible to merge reviews & ratings without losses?

Thanks

Edited by Modrigue - March 17 2016 at 03:33
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2016 at 19:28
^ Thanks, but I think having 2 entries would not be a big mistake.

This one http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=24045 is a 7'' single with 2 songs.
And another one http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=20200 is a 12'' single with 4 songs. Changed its title to "Das Mädchen Auf Der Treppe" as you suggest.

Edited by NotAProghead - March 21 2016 at 19:37
Modrigue View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Modrigue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2016 at 05:14
^Thanks

BTW, Tangerine Dream's "Quichotte" and "Pergamon" live albums are the same material:

Pergamon is in fact the 1980 Quichotte concert re-released by Virgin in 1986. Now Pergamon is much more available in shops, Quichotte is rare.

I know ProgArchives is supposed to be exhaustive, but wouldn't it be more pertinent to merge (without losses of reviews and ratings if possible) into an unique entry, because:

- They have different ratings (4.2 and 3.6)
- People who just want to read opinions on this live album do not read all opinions
- Reviewers who want to write a review on it can hesitate on which album to review

IMHO, it will be better to only have the Pergamon album, change the title to something like "Pergamon (a.k.a. Quichotte)", and keep the album info where the Quichotte album is mentionned. The goal of PA is also to give a simple way to information to people exploring music :-)

What do you think about it?

Edited by Modrigue - March 22 2016 at 05:17
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2016 at 05:29
^ You're absolutely right.

The only problem is the unavailability of russellk whose profile reads: Last visit: 12/29/2014  
So it's hardly possible to merge albums without losing reviews.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2016 at 07:45
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

^ Thanks, José, I think we can make it. 
Hope this weekend I'll sort it out and explain how. Not earlier because I'm damn busy during this work week.

Still waiting for some guidance, please...
I'd like to finish this
Thanks
Sheavy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2016 at 00:34
Lamp Of The Universe has two entries for the same album, one entry was for the vinyl release and the other for the CD release. I fixed up the CD release since it has two reviews, the other needs deletion now, there isn't any difference between the two releases except the medium.

E&O Team: Thanks, I see someone fixed it.

Edited by NotAProghead - April 01 2016 at 08:36
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2016 at 09:05
http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=82726&PID=5288832#5288832

Need help !
Post here from another thread because it can be (?) considered duplication case
Thanks
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Windhawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2016 at 13:23
We have a duplicate band entry - set this one for deletion: http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=9291

Presumably a band that was added and not removed from the cleared part of the working list from what I can gather.
Websites I work with:

http://www.progressor.net
http://www.houseofprog.com

My profile on Mixcloud:
https://www.mixcloud.com/haukevind/
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2016 at 13:41
^I deleted the album but can't do anything about the artist page.

If someone is gonna be adding a band soon, use that entry. It's the one Fossil Evolution page that now has an empty bio page (shows up first in the artist list when ordered alphabetically in the 'Update Artists' section).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 51>