Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Duplicated entries

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 51>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 10:15
One error I've just made: After getting a PM from Vespero for a review, I added their last collaboration with Angel Ontalva to the Vespero discog (as in Bandcamp).
After that, I've had a sudden thought and I have checked Angel's page. Of course tha album "Sada" was already there.
I can reuse my entry for the next album I'll have to add, but as there's another "Angel Ontalva end Vespero" album under Vespero's page, I'm in doubt also abut that one.

If I were Roy, I'd think to a "link", so that collaboration albums can appear on both the artists pages but all the reviews are related to a single db entry.
I know that's not an easy change to the code and it's unlikely to happen.

Anyway, as soon as I add an album, I'll remove the duplicate.

Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 10:55
^ Better please ask any Admin to delete your addition (by the way, made without taking any care of PA guidelines), because, the side effect of reusing the album ID is that Amazon part of the page shows (don't know how long) the previous album.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 11:26
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

^ Better please ask any Admin to delete your addition (by the way, made without taking any care of PA guidelines), because, the side effect of reusing the album ID is that Amazon part of the page shows (don't know how long) the previous album.
Sorry, which is the ignored guideline? I see now that the previous collaboration album is disappeared from the VESPERO page. 
Is it possible that an admin has deleted that one (Carta Marina) instead of mine? 
My entry is "Sada" and it's still there.

octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 11:32
Carta Marina is also under Angel's page. So my mistake has revealed a previous one.

Question for the JR/F and PSIKE teams: isn't the case of giving Angel Ontalva and Vespero a dedicated entry? They have two full length albums and one live, currently.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 11:38
^ I just moved "Carta Marina" to Ángel Ontalva page. And also added Sea Orm Liventure (as Ángel Ontalva & Vespero)

As for "Sada", you may see the difference. This is from your addition:

1. uwasa no onna [07:20]
2. theme for sada [06:24]
3. her eyes sparkled in a strange way [06:54]
4. day of truth [06:27]
5. a sense of clarity [08:26]
6. futari kiri [09:59]

Total Time 45:30

Line-up / Musicians

Ángel Ontalva - guitar
Alexander Kuzovlev - guitar
Vitaly Borodin - violin, piano
Alexey Klabukov - keys, synths
Arkady Fedotov - bass, synth, noises
Ivan Fedotov - drums

This one made according to guidelines:

1. Uwasa no Onna (7:20)
2. Theme for Sada (6:24)
3. Her Eyes Sparkled in a Strange Way (6:54)
4. Day of Truth (6:27)
5. A Sense of Clarity (8:26)
6. Futari Kiri (9:59)

Total time 45:30

Line-up / Musicians

- Ángel Ontalva / guitar
- Alexander Kuzovlev / guitar
- Vitaly Borodin / violin, piano
- Alexey Klabukov / keys, synths
- Arkady Fedotov / bass, synth, noises
- Ivan Fedotov / drums

Though that's not the point. I'll ask Admins to delete the album from Vespero page.

Edited by NotAProghead - March 24 2020 at 13:15
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 14:27
I have PM'd Keishiro asking the same...

By the way, even if "()" is easier than "[]" with an IT keyboard, there's a number of tracks whose title contain a part between brackets, so years ago an admin (I don't remember who) suggested me to use "[]"

You are right about capital characters, but also in the lineup I've never used your syntax. 
I've added probably more than 400 albums during the years and I've always used "-" instead of "/" with no leading "-".

No problems in following a guideline, but honestly I've never noticed it. 

Edited by octopus-4 - March 24 2020 at 14:28
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 14:29
Anyway, as there are already two full-legth albums and a live, maybe we should give Angel Ontalva and Vespero a separate own page.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 15:09
^ It's up to genre teams, but I prefer to keep 2 artist pages as they are.
Now from time to time the same albums are added to both pages, if there will be Ontalva - Vespero page, albums will be added to 3 pages. Smile
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 15:21
Originally posted by octopus-4 octopus-4 wrote:

By the way, even if "()" is easier than "[]" with an IT keyboard, there's a number of tracks whose title contain a part between brackets, so years ago an admin (I don't remember who) suggested me to use "[]"

You are right about capital characters, but also in the lineup I've never used your syntax. 
I've added probably more than 400 albums during the years and I've always used "-" instead of "/" with no leading "-".

No problems in following a guideline, but honestly I've never noticed it.

I'm not saying that the whole world depends on the type of brackets, but album pages look better if they are in the same style. 
Additionally, how would I ask non-collabs to follow guidelines, if some collabs don't care about them?
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 17:15
Deleted the newer entry. Thanks. Thumbs Up
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2020 at 00:17
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

^ It's up to genre teams, but I prefer to keep 2 artist pages as they are.
Now from time to time the same albums are added to both pages, if there will be Ontalva - Vespero page, albums will be added to 3 pages. Smile
Well, I think to i.e. Jon and Vangelis. But at least now I know where I can write my review.  
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2020 at 15:35
Keep the second one which has to total time summed up.
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2020 at 15:44
Okay, I will take care of it.

Just as a general note, please use the Duplicated Entries topic to bring up such things, http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=59458 and a link to the album you want removed makes it a little easier for us.

Thanks.

Okay: EDITED the earlier entry to include total track time and deleted the later entry just in case it helps a little with indexing. I'll merge this new topic with Duplicated Entries (it helps to keep things in this forum as orderly as possible). Done.

Edited by Logan - April 04 2020 at 15:57
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Per Kohler View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Per Kohler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2020 at 13:02
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=45564

This album belongs to

VARIOUS ARTISTS (CONCEPT ALBUMS & THEMED COMPILATIONS) Live Albums
Per Köhler
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2020 at 19:43
^ Thanks, done. And heavily edited!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Per Kohler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2020 at 13:35
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=69682

Line-up / Musicians

- David Gilmour / vocals, acoustic guitar, samples, programming, other instruments
- Romany Gilmour / vocals, harp
- John McCusker / fiddle
- Damon Iddins / string quartet sampling

Per Köhler
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Per Kohler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2020 at 13:59
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=47302

This album belongs to Boxset & Compilations as it entirely consists of rerecorded versions of songs from earlier albums. Just as the title suggests, Da Capo (over again).
Per Köhler
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2020 at 14:59
^ Thanks, both done.

But I think "Da Capo" still belongs to the "studio album" category, because these are new versions (100% re-recorded) of songs from their back catalogue. More details here: https://www.backgroundmagazine.nl/CDreviews/CrossDaCapo.html

I updated the page to make it clearer. Smile

By the way, why don't you use the Report Errors and Omissions Here thread instead ?

Edited by projeKct - July 28 2020 at 15:04
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2020 at 14:59
Don't ask me how I did spot it...it's amistake that I've likely made some years ago.
I added this album twice, but it's one of the about 500 albums released by Phrozenlight.

Instead of deleting it I suggest waiting two or three days for the new album and update this entry.

Apologies, I must have clicked twice.
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2020 at 17:15
^ Well, I think it's simpler to delete it. I will contact admins about this. Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 51>