Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Duplicated entries

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 51>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2013 at 13:12
^ Reported to Easy Livin.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aapatsos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2013 at 09:47
Wondering whether the Limited edition box of Dodecahedron of DAAL should appear as a separate release or just as a limited edition under the studio release

http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=5645

also the limited edition is spelled incorrectly? (should be Dodecahedron rather than Dodechaedron)
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aapatsos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2013 at 16:18
^ bump? Wink
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2013 at 17:17
^ Thanks, corrected the title of limited edition. By the way, you could do it by yourself.

I propose to leave it as it is (separate release), because it contains second CD, poster and other pleasures.
AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2013 at 17:31
Please delete me let me go...

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=40610

The computer glitched and I added the album twice Angry I called it DELETE ME I AM A FRAUD so I wouldnt get it mixed up with the real entry
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2013 at 17:43
^ A PM to some Admin usually helps.

Reported to Easy Livin.
Rendref View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rendref Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2013 at 20:40
Don't you think that http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=40302 and http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=40642 are the same album, only one is the edition with english lyrics?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2013 at 07:31
^ Surely. 

And the difference is big enough to make separate entries for Italian and English version.
Ivan_Melgar_M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan_Melgar_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2013 at 21:04
Hi guys, while adding Hirayama Terurtsugo, created a double entry for him undeer the name Yerutsugu Hirayama http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=7892

Please delete it.

Thank you

Iván

Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2013 at 21:08
^I moved the post but so you know, Ivan, there is a thread (this one) dedicated to duplicates. 

The only way to delete an artists is to change that artists into another artist, as Max is the only person who can succinctly remove artist pages. Next time you add an artist or someone else is adding an artist just use that artist id instead of creating a new one.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2013 at 08:15
Originally posted by Andy Webb Andy Webb wrote:

The only way to delete an artists is to change that artists into another artist, as Max is the only person who can succinctly remove artist pages. Next time you add an artist or someone else is adding an artist just use that artist id instead of creating a new one.
I'm not sure it works well. Needs to be checked.

Never tried to make this trick with artists, but I remember if you do the same thing with albums (replace the album of one band with the album of another band, for instance in order to get rid of duplications) "Buy on eBay/Amazon" section still offers the "old" album.

I think the best way is to follow the rules, i.e. ask Admins to delete albums and ask M@X to delete artists. The latter is, by the way, quite a rare case.
Ivan_Melgar_M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan_Melgar_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2013 at 10:54
Originally posted by Andy Webb Andy Webb wrote:

^I moved the post but so you know, Ivan, there is a thread (this one) dedicated to duplicates. 

No Andy, I didn't create a new one.

By some mistake or system error, the entry was duplicate in two new consecutive pages

Both were added yesterday if you notice.

Thanks

Iván

Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2013 at 13:52
^Looks like that one was turned into another new band so it's ok now, I guess.

It did remind me of something I saw some time ago, there are still two entries for the same guys: International Harvester and Harvester.
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2013 at 14:27
Thanks George for alerting, I've taken this artist ID as Strange Changes' one.

EDIT: Done.

Edited by DamoXt7942 - February 23 2013 at 20:27
Eetu Pellonpaa View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eetu Pellonpaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2013 at 01:16
Originally posted by historian9 historian9 wrote:

^Looks like that one was turned into another new band so it's ok now, I guess.

It did remind me of something I saw some time ago, there are still two entries for the same guys: International Harvester and Harvester.

Hi,
I quess this has to be a result of lack in information flow.
The case was discussed here, my entry as final post.
The band was evaluated in the psych team of that time, and added by me to psych list as artist id 3006.
As a resolution proposal, if the aritsit is seen mutually as more fitting to raga rock, why not look what extra information entry 5925 holds, merge that to the older band page with more albums + video, and possibly change the genre of the band, with coordination of relevant team members?

On Hemåt, there are no reviews on 5925 page, but there is 1 review on 3006 page, and also 4 reviews on "Sov Gott Rose-Marie" album, not listed to 5925 version.

Hopefully a reasonalbe solution will be found. Smile

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2013 at 05:51
^ Let's sum it up.

We have 4 bands consisting of the same members:
1. PÄRSON SOUND (Proto-Prog) http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=2573
2. INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER (Psychedelic/Space Rock) http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=3006
3. HARVESTER (Indo-Prog/Raga Rock) http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=5925
4. TRAD GRAS OCH STENAR (Psychedelic/Space Rock) http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=2809

If it was decided to consider them different bands, often of different genres, we have one duplicated album:
1. HARVESTER "Hemåt" (1970): http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=30877 (0 reviews, 6 ratings).
2. INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER "Hemåt" (1969): http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=15493 (1 review, 4 ratings).

The cover reads"Hemåt" is "Harverster" (not "International Harvester") album:

Now we need:
1. Correct release year (1969 or 1970).
2. Ask the reviewer (Guldbamsen) to re-post his review here: http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=30877.
3. When he reposts it ask admins to delete INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER "Hemåt" album: http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=15493.

OK?

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eetu Pellonpaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2013 at 09:03
^ Sounds the most optimal solution at least to me. Handshake If this plan is executed, I'll update the International Harvester bio with hyperlinks and capitals on last names to the biography text.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2013 at 14:02
^ To execute the plan, someone has to make moves. Smile

1. I see on discogs.com that the album released in 1969.
2. I've sent PM to Guldbamsen and he reposted his review.

Asked Easy Livin to delete the duplication. Gone now.

Edited by NotAProghead - February 25 2013 at 15:05
Floyd Steely View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floyd Steely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2013 at 14:53
Hi,

Don't know if this has been reported before, but it's something I noticed. The 1995 U2/Brian Eno collab, Passengers "Original Soundtracks 1", appears in the database twice...

Once under Various Artists:

and once as an Eno album:

Sorry if this was dealt with before. Floyd.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eetu Pellonpaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2013 at 23:18
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

^ To execute the plan, someone has to make moves. Smile

1. I see on discogs.com that the album released in 1969.
2. I've sent PM to Guldbamsen and he reposted his review.

Asked Easy Livin to delete the duplication. Gone now.

INTERNATIONAL HARVERSTER and TRÄD, GRÄS OCH STENAR biographies updated. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 51>