Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Duplicated entries

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 51>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2010 at 20:14
Slava, Vompatti, thanks, I've sent PM to Easy Livin.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
progkidjoel View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progkidjoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2010 at 17:15
Someone added the super-duper deluxe 40th anniversary edition of KC's In The Court Of The Crimson King as a compilation

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=26891

Note: They must've spent forever typing this out:

CD1 (in mini-lp sleeve of UK Island 2nd Pressing)
1.     "21st Century Schizoid Man"
2.     "I Talk to the Wind"
3.     "Epitaph"
4.     "Moonchild"
5.     "The Court of the Crimson King"
6.     "Moonchild" [full version]
7.     "I Talk to the Wind" [Fripp and McDonald duo version]
8.     "I Talk to the Wind" [alternate take]
9.     "Epitaph" [backing track]
10.     "Wind session" [extracts from the session that produced the intro to "21st Century Schizoid Man"]
.     tracks 1-5: 2009 Robert Fripp & Steven Wilson re-mix from the original multi-track master tapes.
.     tracks 7-10: Alternative takes from the original studio session. Mixed & produced by Steven Wilson.

CD2 (in mini-lp sleeve of Canadian Release with artist's name sticker on the front cover)
3.     "Epitaph"
4.     "Moonchild"
6.     "21st Century Schizoid Man" [early instrumental recording]
7.     "I Talk to the Wind" [BBC session, from bootleg source]
8.     "21st Century Schizoid Man" [BBC session, from a BBC transcription disc]
9.     "The Court of the Crimson King (Part 1)"
10.     "The Court of the Crimson King (Part 2)"
.     tracks 1-5: 2004 re-master, transferred of the original 1969 vinyl mix
.     tracks 7-8: BBC Radio 1 session
.     tracks 9-10: A-side and B-side from the original vinyl single

CD3 (in mini-lp sleeve of original UK 1st release in original paper stock)
1.     "21st Century Schizoid Man" [trio version - instrumental]
2.     "I Talk to the Wind" [studio run-through]
3.     "Epitaph" [alternate version]
4.     "Moonchild" [take 1]
5.     "The Court of the Crimson King" [take 3]
6.     "21st Century Schizoid Man"
7.     "I Talk to the Wind"
8.     "Epitaph"
9.     "Moonchild"
10.     "The Court of the Crimson King"
.     tracks 1-5: Alternative takes from the original studio session. Mixed & produced by Steven Wilson.
.     tracks 6-10: De-clicked vinyl transfer of the first Island Records stereo UK pressing run.

CD4 (in mini-lp sleeve of Argentina release [name of album printed on the front cover] in original paper stock)
2.     "The Court of the Crimson King"
3.     "Get Thy Bearings"
4.     "Epitaph"
5.     "Mantra"
6.     "Travel Weary Capricorn"
7.     "Mars"
8.     "The Court of the Crimson King"
9.     "A Man A City"
10.     "Epitaph"
11.     "21st Century Schizoid Man"
.     tracks 1-7: restored bootleg, recorded live at Hyde Park, London, 5 July 1969
.     tracks 8-11: restored bootleg, recorded Live at Fillmore East, New York, November 1969

CD5 (in mini-lp sleeve of US promotional release [with artist's name sticker] in original paper stock, plus three stickers in the sleeve [two, one red and one yellow stating ) "Promotional d/j copy monaural Not For Sale" and the third, orange, stating "Promotional Copy Not For Sale")
3.     "Epitaph"
4.     "Moonchild"
6.     "The Court of the Crimson King"
.     tracks 1-5: mono album mix used for radio promotion only in the USA
.     track 6: edited, mono single mix used for radio promotion only in the USA

DVD (in mini-lp sleeve of original Japan release with Rock Age obi strip and original paper stock)
1.     5.1 Surround Sound mixes available in DTS 5.1. Mixed & produced by Steven Wilson.
2.     24/48 High Resolution Stereo mixes of CD1.
3.     24/48 High Resolution Stereo mixes of alternative takes from the original studio session (CD3 tracks 1-5).
4.     24/48 High Resolution Stereo mixes of 2004 re-master, transferred of the original 1969 vinyl mix (CD2 tracks 1-5).
5.     "21st Century Schizoid Man" - film from Hyde Park concert 5 July 1969.
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2010 at 18:37
^ thanks joel, but it looks like there is enough new material to justify it having it's own entry seperate from the original.
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2010 at 19:04
It's tricky, because besides the various remixes of the same material or various alternate takes of the same material, there are also two live recordings. It could have been a compilation, indeed, but I'd say that we should take into account the publisher's intentions, too. This is definitely not regarded as a compilation by the publisher, but as a very rich, "expanded" reissue of the same album. I'd say we should only update the release information of the original release and delete this new entry. We must remember that the new material is 99% not original material, only variations of the same (remixes, alternate takes, live recordings). This always goes to "bonus", according to PA policy.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2010 at 19:11
I understand that this is your opinion on this, but there are others who don't share that opinion, not just me either, just chill for a bit and we will decide if this should stay or not, muchos gracias.
progkidjoel View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progkidjoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2010 at 19:18
Originally posted by Easy Money Easy Money wrote:

^ thanks joel, but it looks like there is enough new material to justify it having it's own entry seperate from the original.

Ah, okay. No problem
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2010 at 19:21
Originally posted by Easy Money Easy Money wrote:

I understand that this is your opinion on this, but there are others who don't share that opinion, not just me either, just chill for a bit and we will decide if this should stay or not, muchos gracias.

No, that is the PA policy as it was explained to me too some time ago. I don't mind if we change it, though.

However I am surprised by you suggesting me to chill after posting two polite and reasoned posts that contradict your stand. I am very chilled, do I seem otherwise? Geek
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2010 at 00:17
Thanks for looking after the site Alex, but after taking the time to check out what's on this CD, I'd say the hardcore KC fan like myself would find at least 2 Cds worth of new and interesting material on here. It's not a compilation at all, but until we have a better category, that's it's best fit.
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2010 at 16:36
Looks like these are two editions of the same album:

3.50 | 6 ratings
Book Of Days
not rated
Book Of Days

Track-lists in both entries are completely the same. The line-ups are different though... Confused
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snow Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2010 at 03:37
Frasse View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2010 at 09:03
In the Jan Hammer artist section, the album Drive from 1994 is listed twice. Delete the entry without ratings maybe? http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=26193

Osibisa has their Live at the Marquee album listed twice. Delete the one listed as a studio album instead of a live album: http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=11377 

Edited by Frasse - January 19 2010 at 09:03
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snow Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2010 at 09:23
Originally posted by Frasse Frasse wrote:

In the Jan Hammer artist section, the album Drive from 1994 is listed twice. Delete the entry without ratings maybe? http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=26193

Osibisa has their Live at the Marquee album listed twice. Delete the one listed as a studio album instead of a live album: http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=11377 

I agree with both these deletions, but make it this album from Osibisa

the other has a better cover.

Edited by Snow Dog - January 19 2010 at 09:27
Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2010 at 15:17
The best I can tell, these are the same two albums, just reissued by different companies (I've looked into this issue fairly extensively; I also have the first 2007 edition, and it appears to be the same as the second album dated 2009):

(This first one is the original release in 2007)

(This second one has more complete data regarding personnel and album times, and has a review)

Thanks!
"I have seen the broken sky turn blue."

My Gnosis Ratings

snobb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 03:45
Double click error, could you delete, please? Thanks!
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 05:26
Originally posted by snobb snobb wrote:

Double click error, could you delete, please? Thanks!
done
What?
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 05:29
Originally posted by Snow Dog Snow Dog wrote:

Originally posted by Frasse Frasse wrote:

I agree with both these deletions, but make it this album from Osibisa

the other has a better cover.
done
What?
Frasse View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2010 at 12:41
Two of the Label Sampler albums are duplicated; Strange Pleasures and Spirit of Joy.
The entries that should be removed (they don't have any ratings):

Edited by Frasse - January 25 2010 at 12:41
snobb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2010 at 14:17
There is the same album ( the first one is original release, the second one is just re-release, track list is the same, cover picture is the same, just all text is translated in English, whenever it is Musea Records 2001 CD re-release). First one (with Russian text) is original, the second one should be deleted.

There is all discogs as confirmation for this action with all re-releases ( in Russian only, sorry Wink)

(for those who is interested in details and understand Russian)
LiquidEternity View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiquidEternity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2010 at 21:13
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=26946
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=18312

The same album, one under the Masada header, the other in the Secret Chiefs 3 page. Interesting. Another example of why we should be able to hotlink an album under two different performers.
snobb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2010 at 02:17
The same situation as above is with another John Zorn's Masada series album:

and

I believe that both cases aren't easy: Masada released all line of albums recorded by other artists. So, no strabge they are placed in both discogs in few cases. I think , there the principal decision should be done.

By the way, I reported this problem around a month ago. There for sure the best decision will be to have a link between same albums in two artists discographies (if technically possible). If not, I think possibly it is better to leave albums in original artists discographies, not in Masada. This decision will be more practical: it is easier just to control Masada discogs only ( and clean it time to time from these albums additions), than to control all separate artists pages.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 51>