FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedOxiplegatz

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oxiplegatz
    Posted: May 07 2005 at 10:31

I don't know how "prog" people consider them (they don't have as many solos as Dream Theater, you see ), but they're one of those metal bands basically done by one guy, with conceptual albums all the time, the only one I've heard bits of is "Sidereal Journey". Anybody else heard them/likes them? Some bits are a tad too cheesy but it's still a lot better than I'd expect from an ex-member of At the Gates :

Originally posted by yogibear on www.metal-archives.com yogibear on www.metal-archives.com wrote:

On this release he has taken on quite a task and that’s a concept piece of music that tells the tale of an alien race that realizes that their sun is going to be swallowed by a black hole. They plan and build what turns out to be some “generational” space ships with most of the people being put into stasis or suspended animation. This tells of their journey to their “new home” and the trials and dangers they encounter.

avestin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2007 at 19:48
Resurecting this old thread to introduce OXIPLEGATZ and to specifically recommend Sidereal Journey, a concept album which is a ~40 minute song divided into parts telling the story of a world whose inhabitants are forced to leave it due to it being destroyed by a black hole and their journey in space among the stars, looking for a new home. The music, while coming from extreme metal has gone beyond that and doesn’t sound so fierce and as intimidating as some would assume. It has sci-fi motifs and atmosphere, with clear baritone and some growling male voices and female vocals, complex song structures, varied sounds, beautiful melodies and aggressiveness alike and an overall creative approach; it covers a broad range of feelings and styles.  (you can also read this in the bio I wrote for the  band).

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Comet/4847/oxip.html

Post Reply Post Reply