Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Marillion Round Table

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8889909192 123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2012 at 14:56
Originally posted by MattGuitat MattGuitat wrote:

Hey, if I order from Marillion.com, will I need British pounds? Cause I'm American and not sure how that works with payment transfer between the currencies.

It should just convert. Not sure though. Although I have a feeling they have an American set up somehow, because if they didn't, well, that'd be pretty stupid of them.
MattGuitat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGuitat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2012 at 15:01
Originally posted by Andy Webb Andy Webb wrote:

Hey, if I order from Marillion.com, will I need British pounds? Cause I'm American and not sure how that works with payment transfer between the currencies.

It should just convert. Not sure though. Although I have a feeling they have an American set up somehow, because if they didn't, well, that'd be pretty stupid of them.

Thanks, I just checked, and it does convert, it just might cost me a little extraUnhappy. It should be fine though, cause their prices are pretty reasonable.Wink
rdtprog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Heavy, RPI, Symph, JR/F Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdtprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2012 at 15:05
Originally posted by Andy Webb Andy Webb wrote:

You can check this at their website :

All prices are listed are in British Pounds Sterling (£). Due to changing exchange rates, we do not list other currencies within our website. Payments in British Pounds Sterling, US Dollars, and Euros are available upon CHECK OUT if using our credit card facilities. PayPal customers should consult the PayPal documentation for payments in other currencies - PayPal payments must be received in British Pounds Sterling (£).

If you are ordering by post and prefer to pay in Euros, Download our Euro Price List for prices in Euros, and instructions for payment.

We are aware that currency conversion and fluctuating exchange rates can mean prices of our merchandise may be higher than normal prices within your own country; we hope you will understand that these are forces beyond our control and must price items according to our own costs for producing them.

http://www.marillion.com/help/orderinfo.htm#payment

Warthur View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2012 at 12:03
Just got this on the eWeb news letter - looks like the guys are back in the studio and making good progress.

19 March 2012 News From The Studio

In the studio recording backing tracks for the new album. It's sounding really good. I'm experimenting with some new effects pedals, you can never have too many toys!
Feels like spring has arrived outside the studio.
Steve R

Just finished the backing track for "Sky Above The Rain". As I mentioned on my twitter feed a few days ago, it is a corker.
This really is one of the special songs. And it is nice to be involved in the recording of tracks like this. Especially as the event has also been captured on film.
We now have cameras in our live area, three to be exact but more may be introduced.
So I have to choose my wardrobe carefully!
Pete

We've been working on this album, on and off, for what feels like years now. Maybe that's because it really is years! I'm now at the point where I don't know if it's any good or not. I wouldn't take that as a bad sign, I really didn't like Afraid of Sunlight when we were working on that and look how it turned out...
Mark

Evening All. Just got back from another really good day in the studio...We have been working on an arrangement and I think we might have cracked it. Will know more in the morning when we can give it a listen with fresh ears. I can now sit down and watch the football with a clear conscience....For some reason I thought it was Wednesday today bit of a shock when I found out it is in fact Thursday...Time flies when you are enjoying yourself.....Cheers...
Ian

Well and truly into backing tracks now. Putting down drums for a song called "The Sky Above The Rain" today. Just wait..
Steve H

Warthur View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2012 at 04:38
So, couple of things come out on the Marillion facebook page.

Firstly, the title of the new album is going to be unveiled soon - the only hint we've got for the moment is that the title's acronym is STCBM. (Some Terrific Creation By Marillion?)

Secondly, there's going to be some sort of major announcement on April 2nd. Not sure whether this will be the album title announcement or not.

Edited by Warthur - March 27 2012 at 04:40
iamathousandapples View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamathousandapples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2012 at 13:25
Really? That's awesome. Didn't really expect it so soon. Then again I only heard the album was being made recently.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2012 at 11:52
Latest e-bulletin from the boys:

28 March 2012 A-Z Cinema Screening

On Sunday we held the World Premiere screening of our new DVD at a cinema in the UK. A great time was had by everyone! Here's the reaction from the band:

I found myself back in the bar after the screening feeling almost as worn-out as I do after an actual show. The sound and the sensitively-edited vision took me through the gamut of emotions all over again and my natural reluctance to watch myself (agony!) was overcome by the compelling power of the band's performance and the audience in such amazing form. I'd buy this DVD just to enjoy the crowd's "Three Minute Boy" alone. Thanks to all who shot, recorded, mixed, edited and contributed that super-warm audience atmosphere. The band weren't bad either.. Last of all I can't go without a nod of thanks to those who came to Milton Keynes from outside of the UK. I have come to know many of the hard-core fans by name these days and it was good to see the familiar faces afterwards in the bar. You're all nuts and I'm grateful for that. See you again soon.
H

Seeing ourselves on the big screen was a quite an occasion. It gave me a brief glance at what we never get to see or comprehend for ourselves. The sound and visual experience was truly larger than life. Thank you, Tim and Mike for doing such a huge job so well. Of course the added bonus of sharing this with some of the extended family was the icing on the cake. Thank you all. It was an experience that will stay with me for a long while.
Pete

It was really interesting to see and hear Saturdays nights performance on the big screen on Sunday. I relived every moment of the A-Z set, it was such a mammoth undertaking, you could almost see the steam coming out of our ears at times. Mike and Tim did an amazing job and it's fantastic to have such an outstanding record of the 2011 convention. It can be hard to explain to people what makes the weekends so special and I think this DVD says it more eloquently than mere words could convey.
Steve

Really enjoyed seeing some familiar faces at the screening of our A-Z DVD. I think everything seemed to go very well. By the time it had finished I felt like I had just done a gig. Big thanks to all that attended. It's always a pleasure. P.S. Hope that Simon makes a speedy recovery after falling down the escalator just before the show and fracturing his ankle.
Ian

Once we finish making an album I rarely listen to it. Not because I'm not pleased with the results but because I always focus on the things I don't like about it rather than the things I do. Watching DVDs of our live shows is something I try to avoid even more. I had decided to turn up towards the end of the screening to say hello and sign a few things without having to sit through the entire A-Z. Mike (Hunter) said we should at least watch the second half because it looked and sounded amazing on the big screen. Out of respect for the amount of work and care Mike and Tim (Sidwell) had put into this I turned up just before the start of the second half. I was completely blown away by how good it was. Three Minute Boy was a total audience-fest, A voice From the Past was genuinely moving (although my piano playing was a bit heavy handed) and Zeparated Out was a rockin finish to a great set. I wish I'd been there to see it!
Mark

Check out the Trailer for A-Z in the Racket TV Lounge!

Discs 2 & 3 and the A-Z 3CD live album from our Holidays in Zélande DVD are available to Pre-Order now from the Racket Store. These releases feature the Saturday night A-Z set recorded at the Marillion Weekend, Holland in 2011.

The DVD discs fit neatly into the Deluxe box that comes with Disc 1.
We still have a few of these left in NTSC just in case you still haven't ordered your copy yet.

Discs 2 & 3 can be Pre-Ordered from:
www.marillion.com/shop/dvd/zelande-saturday.htm

The A-Z 3CD Live album can be Pre-Ordered from:
www.marillion.com/shop/albums/a-z.htm

Disc 1 complete with Deluxe Box is available from:
www.marillion.com/shop/dvd/zelande-friday.htm

Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2012 at 11:55
But, THIS is the big announcement - the new album!!

2 April 2012 - New Album Pre-Order Campaign

After what seems like an AGE to us (and you too, no doubt!) we have decided on the songs which will comprise our next album and we can tell you that the next Marillion album will be titled...

SOUNDS THAT CAN'T BE MADE

Backing tracks are already finished and we're now at the overdub stage (or "the colouring-in"). We have song titles too, but we'll wait just a little longer before announcing those.

We are planning to create exclusive Special Editions of ’Sounds That Can’t Be Made’ which we'll be making available as a PRE-ORDER directly from us through marillion.com

Following the success of previous pre-orders, we plan to make 2 different versions available:

Option 1: Deluxe Campaign Collectors CD Edition
This version will include 128 pages of artwork & lyrics presented in a deluxe hard back book. This collectors edition will also contain an extra DVD disc featuring interviews with the band and a selection of tracks performed live at the Racket Club; all filmed during various stages of the making of the album.

You can Pre-Order the Deluxe Campaign Edition from:
http://www.marillion.com/shop/albums/sounds-deluxe.htm

Option 2: The Standard 1CD Release
This version will be a 1CD Jewel case version of the album containing song lyrics & condensed album artwork.

You can Pre-Order the Standard 1CD Edition from:
http://www.marillion.com/shop/albums/sounds.htm

When will it be released? What will be on it? When can I order? What about a tour?

Just like previous pre-orders, we have set up a page on our website to answer all of these questions, and will continue to add to the list as we receive feedback from you by email and on our Forum/Facebook pages.

What we CAN tell you though, is that we expect the album to be ready sometime before September 2012 (we can't set a firm release date as our creative process doesn't always run to a timetable..) with an extensive tour planned throughout 2012 and into 2013.

All the tour dates have now been announced and are up on the marillion.com TOUR section.http://www.marillion.com/tour/index.htm

From the US onwards we will perform occasional "2 nighters". These shows will have a completely different set-list across each of the 2 nights. This will happen in the following towns:
New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Amsterdam, Paris, Milan and Barcelona

We have also announced the 2013 dates for our bi-annual Marillion Weekends in Holland, Montreal and the UK! Seehttp://www.marillionweekend.com for more details.

Phew! We hope we'll see a lot of each other over the coming months.

Okay, back to Sounds That Can't Be Made......

You are able to pre-order the album NOW, and each pre-order for the Deluxe Campaign CD Edition will automatically enter you into a variety of prize draws including:

Sound-check/ front row passes to the 'Sounds That Can’t Be Made' tour, Meet-and-greets, Signed artwork, Your own private Marillion gig PLUS more as we think of them!
Only the first 5000 people to pre-order will appear in the thanks list. (We would thank you all, but we'd need a bigger booklet!)

By being part of the ’Sounds That Can’t be Made’ Pre-Order Campaign you will once again be acting as our "Record Company" by contributing to the recording, manufacture and marketing of the album. 
We'd rather make this album with you. We did it before and it was great. When we skipped the pre-order for Somewhere Else we know that many of you felt disappointed that you weren’t part of the ‘whole process’. So it's no longer about the money, it's about the taking-part and a show of faith. This, frankly, blows our minds, and your support means more to us now than ever.

We meet so many bands who are envious of our amazing family around the world and we certainly don't take this for granted. We now find ourselves famous for the "Marillion business model" which is a scream, really, because the term debases what's really going on. We thank you all for being a part of this thing in the past; just as we gratefully acknowledge everyone who will preorder this forthcoming album.

So there you go - the new pre-order!

If you have any QUESTIONS, please, PLEASE go to http://www.marillion.com/preorder/index.htm (where most issues will already be 
addressed) before writing to us - it'll be quicker. You can also join the discussions on the Marillion Online Forums (which we constantly monitor) if you have any outstanding queries.

We're very excited about this album - it's taken us some years to ensure it's something special. We hope over the next few weeks and months to thank you for your loyalty - we will try and keep updating you regularly with updates from the studio; both by email and in our new Racket TV Lounge (http://www.marillion.com/tvlounge.htm) on the new and fabulous marillion.com website!

It won't be long, yeah..

h, Ian, Mark, Pete, Steve

You can Pre-Order the Deluxe Campaign Edition from:
http://www.marillion.com/shop/albums/sounds-deluxe.htm

You can Pre-Order the Standard 1CD Edition from:
http://www.marillion.com/shop/albums/sounds.htm

lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2012 at 12:17
And I've just pre-ordered the deluxe editionBig smile
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2012 at 14:49
I am listening to Gazpacho's A Night At Loreley, and Jan-Henrik Ohme vocals are really reminding me a lot of H.
Warthur View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2012 at 09:12
I pre-ordered late last night - dunno if I got in early enough to get my name in the deluxe edition but the music's the important thing...
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2012 at 14:08
Originally posted by Warthur Warthur wrote:

I pre-ordered late last night - dunno if I got in early enough to get my name in the deluxe edition but the music's the important thing...

Steve Rothery has apparently posted on one of the social sites that people should pre-order by the end of today to be certain of getting their name on, so you should be okayThumbs Up
Warthur View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2012 at 08:00
Sweet.
Vibrationbaby View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vibrationbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2012 at 10:20
I just accidentally came across a 1999 video of Garden Party with Hogarth on vocals on youtube. Suprised me. Not bad at all. Almost sounded like Fish. Band sounded first rate. 
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2012 at 11:56
A word from Mr Rothery:

18 April 2012 A Word From Steve Rothery

Back from our adventures in Caracas - what an amazing fan base we have there!
We're all working on the new album at home for a few days before we return to the Racket club. Mike has prepared stems of the songs which I'm currently transferring in to Cubase on my music PC ready to record some guitar parts - I've lots of new guitars, effects pedals and amps to use on this album. We're all very excited and maybe a little nervous as we think this could be a really great record and we don't want to screw it up!

In between recording my parts for the album I'm also giving three guitar masterclasses in the next few weeks, see below for more details:

PARIS

The first one is a British Guitar Academy event in Paris at 3 pm on the 28th April at the Cité Universitaire with Dave Foster and French guitarist Vincent Martinez. For more information email fabien@britishguitaracademy.com. There will also be an exhibition of some of my photos and an evening of live music.

CERVIA

I'll be giving a guitar clinic as part of the Italian fan club's annual event in Cervia on the 12th May. I'll also be displaying some of my photos. For more details email[email protected]

CHESTER

An event to celebrate the launch of my Farida Steve Rothery signature acoustic guitar at the Red Door venue in Chester on the 20th May at 8.30 pm. As well as demonstrating the acoustic there will be a British Guitar Academy masterclass with my good friends Dave Foster and Matt Prior. It should be a fun evening. Tickets are available from Dawsons Music by calling             01925 582420       or email sam salisbury at [email protected] for more information.

Thanks
Steve R

lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2012 at 12:23
Latest e-bulletin:

25 April 2012 Tour Update

Thank you so much to those of you who have already pre-ordered our new album
Sounds That Can't Be Made. If you missed the original Eweb then please click here to read all the details. We are once again astounded by your faith!

Quite a few of you have asked if we are adding any more tour dates to the list already online at www.marillion.com/tour - the answer is sadly no - there are many, many places we would love to come and play but we just don't have the time - we're running out of year!

If we're not coming to your city - bear in mind that we will be holding 3 Marillion Weekends next year (www.marillionweekend.com) - come and join us for a three day party in either the Netherlands, UK or Montreal. We will be sending out full details about these weekends this Friday - so keep an eye on your inbox..

Right - back into the padded room to try and finish making the Sounds That Can't Be Made
(tricky eh?) before we have to start rehearsing for the North American Tour!

See you all soon,

Mark, Pete, Ian, H and Steve

Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snow Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2012 at 12:25
Thought I'd look in at The Marillion Yawn table.

Sorry.LOL I'll get me coat.....
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2012 at 12:28
Originally posted by Snow Dog Snow Dog wrote:

Thought I'd look in at The Marillion Yawn table.

Sorry.LOL I'll get me coat.....

As the great Basil said to Polly, "I want to see you at the door with your hat and coat on in five minutes".LOL
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snow Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2012 at 12:31
^Think I will have a Marillion session soon actually. Give some Season's End  a spin.  Maybe Brave too.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2012 at 12:43
Originally posted by Snow Dog Snow Dog wrote:

^Think I will have a Marillion session soon actually. Give some Season's End  a spin.  Maybe Brave too.

Top choicesClap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8889909192 123>