Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Marillion Round Table

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 119120121122123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2017 at 07:33
must`ve the new 4discs " Misplaced Childhood " anyone else
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2017 at 23:40
in june2017 issue of Classic Rocks Prog Magazine. as a awesome insight into the swansong of Fish era album Clutching At Straws with both the band and artist Mark Wilkinson. to which I  personnel thought was awesome the one amazing out come is the cover art which Mark what it to finish up like, is miles more positive than the cover art which was used. imho that is. so the free poster is an added bonus for me. see yous all around the forum... 

Music Is Live

<
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2017 at 09:42
Originally posted by geekfreak geekfreak wrote:

I have the vinyl set on pre-order already.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2017 at 23:31
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

I have the vinyl set on pre-order already.

cool dude the vinyl one is for me too!

Music Is Live

<
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2017 at 11:20
^ I do agree with SW in that the original mix is very good, I have felt no audio reason to get the previous remix because my original 1985 Capitol pressing mastered at Sterling Sound is sweet!!

But I do need a new copy and might as well go with this one, looking forward to the live tracks.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2017 at 04:11
ooh wow wee the first album "Fugazi" then "Brave" amazingly awesome.............

Music Is Live

<
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2017 at 14:20

ooh wow wee the first album "Fugazi" then "Brave" amazingly awesome.............

I might be misunderstanding this post, but Script for a Jesters Tear was the first album, and Brave was written by Hogarth, not Fish.

Both Fugazi and Brave are, though, excellent and important albums in prog, not just for the band. The former showed an ability to gain commercial success beyond a narrow base, and Brave was an incredible feat of concept music at a time when it was almost deathly commercially to do so.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2017 at 16:02
They're a nice band.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2017 at 18:17
but hardly prog.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2017 at 23:55
Originally posted by Barbu Barbu wrote:

but hardly prog.

That's a silly thing to say
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2017 at 02:46
Man oh man, I'm starting to think that F.E.A.R. is the best thing the band have done since Brave. Would I be dumb in thinking this ??   
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2017 at 08:54
Originally posted by Rednight Rednight wrote:

They're a nice band.

You're on The Marillion Roundtable, so I assume you are talking about Marillion?? They are much more than a nice band.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2017 at 09:06
Originally posted by Barbu Barbu wrote:

but hardly prog.

Clearly you have no clue of what Marillion do in their music. I might agree there are a handful of songs that are not "prog", but that can be said of almost any band on this site. And with a catalog of what 17 studio albums, a handful of songs that are radio friendly compared to being prog (if that is what is so important in music these days), is pretty damn good.

There is so much krapp in music today, especially some new bands that dare call themselves "prog", its horrid, insanely boring and most importantly without feeling and emotion.
Something you can never claim that Marillion suffer from, at anytime.

Let's leave this as "Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation", this is not an area for bashing a band. If you feel inclined post that somewhere else...One thing this site lacks is admin monitoring and moving threads/posts to another area.

Marillion is prog and they kick a$$.......Period!
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2017 at 09:19

They're a nice band.

You're on The Marillion Roundtable, so I assume you are talking about Marillion?? They are much more than a nice band.
In an offbeat kind of way.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2017 at 09:21
Long live Ian Mosley!
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2017 at 09:21
@Catcher: In fact I'm one of the few Marillion defender here, dude.

Own their whole discog and more and saw them live many times, even met the band once.

but I've always said that Marillion fans never had the greatest sense of humour...as in 'being able to laugh at'...

So, touché.

Edited by Barbu - June 01 2017 at 10:36
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2017 at 09:26
I suppose it's time to purchase Misplaced Childhood on CD and rediscover the magic.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2017 at 09:27
^ Since there is no emotion in keyboard typing, a Wink or Big smile would have conveyed your true feelings. Party
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2017 at 09:45

I suppose it's time to purchase Misplaced Childhood on CD and rediscover the magic.

Nah dude.....CD's sux...there is no magic on any CD. Music lives in the gruuuves man!

Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2017 at 09:52

^ Since there is no emotion in keyboard typing, a Wink or Big smile would have conveyed your true feelings. Party
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 119120121122123>