Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Marillion Round Table

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 113114115116117 123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2015 at 17:32
^ That is probably a good comparison, regarding band chemistry. Rush are what they are because of who they are...Period. The music they create is filled with joy and determination by all three members, it is so hard to think they don't like what they finally cut from the studio sessions. You can just sense at how much they enjoy doing what they do and it truly shows.

I look at Marillion in the same manner, the chemistry is clear and with vision. I watch concert footage and you know they are having the time of their life on stage.

Both of these bands have stayed the course while adjusting to the musical times and always releasing fresh material.
The one tour I missed with Rush featured Marillion as the opening act....Power Windows Tour Angry
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2015 at 18:20
Just to get slightly off topic, sorry Laz, but Power Windows was such a blast as it was of the times and somehow still ahead of it. Whooh dude! Wacko
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2015 at 15:51
..."Albums that will never suck!! Big smile Clap

lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2015 at 16:29
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

..."Albums that will never suck!! Big smile Clap

an absolutely fantastic album. I saw the resulting tour at Wolverhampton Civic Hall, and it was a blast, with H, at one stage, running behind us in the circle in the middle of a track.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2015 at 17:21
^ I had to get this thread going.....I hate you for seeing them!! Tongue.

Just finished this one, following along the sleeve liner lyrics, one can clearly see/hear the magic they created..

Roj View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2015 at 08:11
Certainly looking forward to the new album.  The last few have all been excellent and the last one absolutely outstanding.  STCBM will be a very hard act to follow.

Hopefully a UK tour to boot.  I noticed a while back the band are playing dates in Central and South America next year, nice to see them ploughing the pledge money straight back in to supprt the people who support them Clap.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2015 at 17:10
I agree Roj, STCBM is a stellar album, I really enjoy that one also
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2015 at 12:28
..."Yesterday we were sat in the control room with Mike listening to the ending of a 15+ minute song with a working title of 'New Kings' and we all had grins on our faces."
http://www.marillion.com/news/

Clap
Prog-jester View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog-jester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2016 at 09:57
Quote We're now back in the studio developing the song ideas for M18 (which is still available to pre order at www.pledgemusic.com/marillion). We begin the new year in good shape, listening to the 6 current contenders currently working-titled:

The Leavers 14m 26sec
El Dorado 12m 18sec
Class 4m 58sec
Things Buried 3m 53sec
New Kings 16m 30 sec
Melt Our Guns 5m 20sec

If you can add, then you’ll see there’s already an hour of music on the boil. The time references are current song lengths but will lengthen or shorten depending upon creative decisions currently being taken. It’s also possible that songs will be subtracted and added to this list. Song titles may also change, so don’t write to us asking where things came from and went to!

We have another two or three strong ideas queuing up for development which we are on course to have ready for the “backing track final performance” stage which will take place at Peter Gabriel’s “Real World” studio in late February. It’s all coming together nicely now.

Edited by Prog-jester - January 10 2016 at 09:59
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2016 at 08:25
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

[QUOTE=Catcher10] ..."Albums that will never suck!! Big smile Clap

UOTE]

an absolutely fantastic album. I saw the resulting tour at Wolverhampton Civic Hall, and it was a blast, with H, at one stage, running behind us in the circle in the middle of a track.

love this Marillion Album ClapClap
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2016 at 08:27
Originally posted by Roj Roj wrote:

Certainly looking forward to the new album.  The last few have all been excellent and the last one absolutely outstanding.  STCBM will be a very hard act to follow.

Hopefully a UK tour to boot.  I noticed a while back the band are playing dates in Central and South America next year, nice to see them ploughing the pledge money straight back in to supprt the people who support them Clap.

this Fish era concept album StarStarClapClapClaplove it...

Music Is Live

<
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2016 at 15:52
The new album, number 18, is being released September 9 2016. I have already pre-ordered, and there is a deadline in June for those who have not.

It is called Fear (f**k Everyone and Run).

Can't wait

Edited by lazland - April 07 2016 at 16:13
Cambus741 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambus741 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2016 at 19:47
I was at the Wolverhampton gig on the Seasons End tour as well.
great gig,
Then the next night at the same venue was Hawkwind.
What a weekend
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2016 at 09:52
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

The new album, number 18, is being released September 9 2016. I have already pre-ordered, and there is a deadline in June for those who have not.

It is called Fear (f**k Everyone and Run).

Can't wait

I too have already pre-ordered like a year ago I think LOL........
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2016 at 12:13
Also good to see that Rothery may have shed a few pounds....Thumbs Up
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2016 at 12:52
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Also good to see that Rothery may have shed a few pounds....Thumbs Up

Yep, looks like a reduction in the steak and kidney pie intake from Rothers!
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2016 at 15:04
LOLClap
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2016 at 10:41
Had an e mail from both Pledge Music and the band, giving details of a track from the new album being released.

I downloaded yesterday - for those who pre ordered the album, there was a link to free download. It is called The New Kings, and I am now really excited for the full album release in September. It is a slow track, very much a follow on from stuff on STCBM, and is extremely political. H basically let's fly a magnificent rant against our banking comrades. Rothery sounds utterly sublime throughout, and that, to me, is always the hallmark of a great Marillion opus.

Those who did not pre order, it can, apparently, be purchased on iTunes.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2016 at 13:59
Thanks Steve......I pre-ordered and need to go find that email now.....Don't recall which I used as I ordered the album like 2yrs ago....sheeesh!! 
LOL
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2016 at 22:19
marvellous new album due still cannot wait until its here...........

Music Is Live

<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 113114115116117 123>