Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAmplifier - Eternity

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Amplifier - Eternity
    Posted: August 07 2009 at 15:48
OK ... I've never done this before

I reckon this is a serious contender as a prog album. It's a self-confessed throw back to the "early years"

It just makes you wonder if you let bands get on with it and play what they want would it be as good as this????

This is seriously a country mile better than anything i've heard in a long while, and yes I know there's certain music that appeal to the intellect etc
An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2009 at 17:57
Amplifier are already here, so this isn't a new band suggestion - moving to "Prog Recommendations/Featured Albums"
What?
squonkuk View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2009 at 16:43
Eternity isn't a 'throwback' per se, it's 6 tracks recorded by the band prior to their first record deal and put together on a limited (to 500) edition CD as thanks to the people who have followed them since they formed in 1999. The first two tracks were recorded sometime around 1999, the other 4 in 2000/01.

The last four tracks are quite outstanding; while the opening two are more raw and unbridled.

Personally, I think Amplifier are the best music discovery I've made in a long long time and they are well worth seeing live (if you can avoid all the horrible little sh*tes who think they're a metal band).

Phil
 Post Reply Post Reply