Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhich one of these is the most overrated?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Poll Question: Which one...?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
7 [10.94%]
11 [17.19%]
14 [21.88%]
11 [17.19%]
16 [25.00%]
5 [7.81%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which one of these is the most overrated?
    Posted: August 09 2009 at 22:41
Personally, think they're all pretty well crap.Angry
Concentration Moon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2009 at 22:46
Love.
MovingPictures07 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2009 at 22:47
Hmmm...

I'd say love is the most overrated, because my two experiences have totally sucked. Animals are 2nd; I'm not really a pet person. Then again... Life is pretty overrated too. I guess that's a close 3rd.

The only thing NOT overrated on that is artistic expression, probably.

Edited by MovingPictures07 - August 09 2009 at 22:47
Concentration Moon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2009 at 22:48
Turn on the radio and chances are, you'll hear a love song including the phrases "in your arms", "with all my heart", etc.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2009 at 22:56
Damn, this is tough.
I'm going to agree Stoney that all are pretty f*cking over rated  EXCEPT animals.....but honestly, (prepares for stoning by prog community)
my vote went for artistic expression. Leads to epic douchebaggery.
Life, despite what I want to think, is not all that bad.
Same for happiness.

I like sensory perception and I LOVE animals. One of the great things about living and observing nature.
Though love is a very close second..........

f*ck that
mrcozdude View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2009 at 23:23
Life for me or society's interpretation of what life is.If there was a people option I would of gone for that.
Henry Plainview View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2009 at 23:28
F*ck happiness. I've always believed it's overrated Dogs are awesome though.
if you own a sodastream i hate you
manofmystery View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2009 at 23:36
Is that the album Animals or just animals?
Because if it's just animals and not the album I'll have to lean that direction.

Time always wins.
Drew View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2009 at 23:49
I feel a lot of people would rather save their animal's life over another human beings....so I chose animals.

BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2009 at 00:04
Originally posted by stonebeard stonebeard wrote:

"Holmes, what do you conclude from this poll"?
"My dear Watson, it is elementary. The originator is deeply disappointed from a failed love affair. Now he considers life to be overrated because he is considering suicide, which I sincerely hope he will abstain from..."
"Wait, Holmes, how do you know the originator is a man? It might as well be a woman.
"My dear Watson, only the highly rational and organized brain of a man could concoct such a list; a woman would merely have acted on impulse, with perhaps the exception of irene Adler. But let me continue: He considers suicide, that's why he thinks life is overrated. He considers happiness to be overrated because he wants to play down his current unhappiness, He is not an artist of whatever kind, painter, writer, composer or the likes, else he would express his feelings in an artistic way. Since he can't do that he considers artistic expression to be overrated. I am actually pretty certain he has a kind of bureaucratic job like accountant".
"What gives you that impression, Holmes"?
"His way of making a list even in such an emotional matter makes it almost a certainty. But let me continue. That he considers love to be overrated is immediately understandable since his own love just failed".
"And why animals, Holmes"?
"His own sole companion now is his pet, which is most probably a German shepherd; bureaucratic types have a special liking for this breed. Since it can't give him the consolation he needs right now he considers animals to be overrated".
"But why sensory perception, Holmes"?
"Isn't it obvious, Watson? He considers sensory perception to be overrated because he asks himself how he could ever have fallen for the beauty of this woman, the sound of her voice, the smell of her skin, the touch of her hair, the taste of her mouth when kissing".
"Holmes, you have outdone yourself on this one".
"My dear Watson, I assure you it was nothing but a trifle".

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
stonebeard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2009 at 00:14
Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

"My dear Watson, it is elementary. The originator is deeply disappointed from a failed love affair. Now he considers life to be overrated because he is considering suicide, which I sincerely hope he will abstain from..."
"Wait, Holmes, how do you know the originator is a man? It might as well be a woman.
"My dear Watson, only the highly rational and organized brain of a man could concoct such a list; a woman would merely have acted on impulse, with perhaps the exception of irene Adler. But let me continue: He considers suicide, that's why he thinks life is overrated. He considers happiness to be overrated because he wants to play down his current unhappiness, He is not an artist of whatever kind, painter, writer, composer or the likes, else he would express his feelings in an artistic way. Since he can't do that he considers artistic expression to be overrated. I am actually pretty certain he has a kind of bureaucratic job like accountant".
"His way of making a list even in such an emotional matter makes it almost a certainty. But let me continue. That he considers love to be overrated is immediately understandable since his own love just failed".
"His own sole companion now is his pet, which is most probably a German shepherd; bureaucratic types have a special liking for this breed. Since it can't give him the consolation he needs right now he considers animals to be overrated".
"Isn't it obvious, Watson? He considers sensory perception to be overrated because he asks himself how he could ever have fallen for the beauty of this woman, the sound of her voice, the smell of her skin, the touch of her hair, the taste of her mouth when kissing".

Teehee. LOL
ghost_of_morphy View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2009 at 00:24
Hmmm, I had to vote against artistic expression because kittens are just too darn cute and I can't vote against them.
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2009 at 00:30
Definitely happiness. I do my best to avoid it.
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2009 at 17:26
Artistic expression. We adore guys who choose not to work for a living. And we feed their egos. And it's as useless an activity for the preservation of mankind as it gets.

Animals are NOT overrated. Human beings are.

But then again, love is NOT overrated, and we humans are capable of that. So in the end we're not so so bad.

For those who say happiness and life are overrated, I think you better start finding any kind of justification not to kill yourselves when life gets REAL hard.

Edited by The T - August 10 2009 at 17:26
manofmystery View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2009 at 19:36
Animals are delicious so maybe they aren't overrated
this is tough

by the way, props to Drew on his current avatar

Time always wins.
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2009 at 19:50

ClapClapClap
J-Man View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2009 at 20:08
Animals. More so than the animals, it's the people associated with them.

Save the forest, man. It's... uh... like a consipiracy dude... we need to like save the trees because they give us peace in our hearts man.Tongue

I can't stand hippies...

Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
The Quiet One View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2009 at 20:10

Awesome! One of the most brilliant posts ever! haha, great job Jean!Clap
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2009 at 23:45
Hmmm....well...

Happiness and love are certainly excellent. If anything they are underrated.
Sensory perception is nice. Seeing, hearing, touching, etc. Also, haven't really hear people rave about these things often. Even, I just said they were nice, which is pretty blah way to describe things. Thus, I don't see how it is being overrated.
Artistic expression. Hmm...Well I like artistic expression thus it can't be overrated.

This leaves me with Life and Animals. Its a tough call between these two. People rave about animals all the time. Honestly, I don't see whats so great about them. Sure, I like certain animals...penguins, octopi, sea cucumbers, ducks, aardvarks, etc. But there are plenty I don't, and many common animals fall into that category. Also, humans are animals and I hate humans. Life is also raved about often by the people who have it good, or at least have what they want. Pain is plentiful in life. Life always seems to have a way to kick you when you're down and will never let you get too far ahead. Also, you have to deal with all the bullsh*t from everything else in life. As for the alternative? No one seems to know, so it's impossible to know if it would be worse.

It's a tough call. I'm leaning towards animals. But life is just so...unbearable at times that animals pale in comparison. Although...if animals cause the unbearableness.....Hmm...

This will take much contemplation, perferrably over at least 6 long island iced teas.

Edited by Man With Hat - August 10 2009 at 23:46
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
stonebeard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2009 at 00:08
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

This will take much contemplation, perferrably over at least 6 long island iced teas.

Say hi to the rest of the cast of Sex and the City for me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>