Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Live Performance Reviews
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Djamra and Le Silo on Juso 6-Juso in Osaka, Japan
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDjamra and Le Silo on Juso 6-Juso in Osaka, Japan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Djamra and Le Silo on Juso 6-Juso in Osaka, Japan
    Posted: August 10 2009 at 10:51
On Aug. 9 2009, Osaka, Japan - it was a rainy day.
Juso is one of famous Osakan amusement areas and various shots of greasy flavour or dreadful barkers' call kept attacking me persistently.
Blowin' such crap away, I went straight to Fandango, the live house.
For my body tired from work, raindrops were cold and painful, but my heart was warm and enjoyable with the following event - named "Juso 6-juso"!
(Note: The former "Juso" is an area name, and the latter "6-juso" is a sextet in English.)
Please don't be surprised, they said I could see the gigs by six talented music outfits.
Yea, it should let me come to Fandango that this stage presenters were DJAMRA and the special guesta were LE SILO!
Well, this introduction aside, let's go!

LE SILO, on the stage in third, is a Japanese avant rock band based in Tokyo.
(Thanks guys for your looong trip from Tokyo. ;-P)
Michiaki's strict and dynamic drums (he's very large I'm surprised!), Yoshiharu's cool and serious guitar play, and Miyako's funky lively lovely keyboard solo - all are the most important elements for them.
Yesterday they played mainly new (and amusing) songs, especially founded on Miyako's trips on the local train - and Japanese local sake tasted by her hahhaha...
Miyako's eyes were very bright and sparkling in her talking about Japanese sake.
And their ensemble was very fragrant like the sweet flavour of sake...
Michiaki played drums strongly and aggressively, and always-cool Yoshiharu exactly talked to the audience by his guitar seriously.
In the middle part of the stage the audience should be wrapped up by LE SILO's vital performances!

DJAMRA is one of the most active, aggressive, and progressive jazz rock outfits in Japan.
Let me say they should be an Osakan pride.
So wonderful are their musical sense and style with their unique rhythm eccentricity, remarkable technique for composition and performance, and sophisticated jokes raised in dirty Osaka!
Yesterday they appeared as the final performers on the stage.
As you think, their wonderful and humorous performance could make us suddenly active and exploded, though we should be slightly tired from the long show...
  1. Kamihitoe
  2. Nagashiuchi
  3. Time Flies Like An Arrow
  4. Neo Skin
  5. Komuragaeri (Encore)

Although there were accidents that Masaharu's bass had been unplugged for a while and that Akihiro(drums) fell into an oxygen deficiency, their exploded power of play and joke is too fine to keep the audience quiet.
Loud sounds and speedy rhythms created by them could make us the audience dance, groove, and drink(!) to the music.
They could not have enough time to play and was gonna play only four songs but pushed by the enthusiastic audience they played one encore - that fervent atmosphere is beyond expression!

Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2009 at 11:03
Great pics, must have been a killer gig - wish I could attend, bit far away from my location though Wink

Edited by Padraic - August 10 2009 at 11:08
memowakeman View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2009 at 14:18

That is awesome Damo, i would love to see Le Silo someday. And about Djamra, I have a great experience with them, one of my favourite performances from the last BajaProg fest.

Follow me on twitter @memowakeman
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2009 at 09:22
Hahhaha, Miyako kept on drinkin' much alcohol after her gig...
Her impressive shout was "Wow, Djamra's performance can make me drink more and more...bottoms up!"

LOLHugHeart
 Post Reply Post Reply