Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBig Big Train with Dunnery and Godfrey

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Nightfly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Big Big Train with Dunnery and Godfrey
    Posted: September 05 2009 at 07:13
Sounds like an interesting collaboration. I'll look forward to hearing the results.
The Old Road View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2009 at 02:51
According to the band's news blog, the whole of the 20 minute track that Godfrey and Dunnery play on will be available for free download from 30th September.

tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2009 at 00:00
i am a huge fan too . I can't wait!
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2009 at 10:45
They had some free downloads of a few of their songs on last.fm that I downloaded awhile back. I enjoyed what I heard from them but I haven't followed up yet to purchase a full album from them.  This is interesting news however and I am intrigued as to how this will sound.
Green Shield Stamp View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2009 at 10:42
This is exciting news.  Big Big Train deserve far greater recognition than they get.  I am a big fan of the 'Gathering Speed' album.  It's one of those albums that I keep going back to.  In the prog top 100 poll, I placed Gathering Speed at no. 37 and The Difference Machine at no. 45.  I hope they figure somewhere in the final poll!
Haiku

Writing a poem
With seventeen syllables
Is very diffic....
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2009 at 10:28
You can be sure you're not the only fan Wink  Interesting news by the way - this band always affords some surprises ...

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2009 at 10:04
Am I the only BBT fan on here?

Even more interesting news for me is that Dave Gregory from XTC has also just been announced as playing on The Underfall Yard.

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2009 at 04:30
'This has been posted by Jem Godfrey on the Frost site:

Happy to say, I've just contributed a couple of keyboard solos to the excellent sounding new album by Big Big Train. The track is called The Underfall Yard which is also the title track and is nipping at the toes of 23+ minutes long. I got a chance to really cut loose in a way I don't think I've done before, I used pretty much every controller available on the V-Synth using a sound I programmed especially and I'm really pleased with the end results. It's not often I get to have a good old thrash in 11/8! :D The track also features a rather immense solo from that Cumbrian scamp Francis Dunnery, so although we never met, we do end up sharing a song together which is rather nice.

BBT's new singer is a bit of a revelation too and the whole thing is shaping up to be, IMO, their best work to date. I can't wait to hear the whole thing. BBT have a wonderful Englishness about them and they do things very much their own way which I deeply admire. They're prog's best kept secret and now I can count myself as a contributor to their history. I'm dead proud of that.

The album will be released on the 15th of December. Keep an eye out for it at their website http://www.bigbigtrain.com '

Sounds interesting.
 Post Reply Post Reply