Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Recommend: Mute Albino Debut CD Flies On Oranges
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRecommend: Mute Albino Debut CD Flies On Oranges

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recommend: Mute Albino Debut CD Flies On Oranges
    Posted: August 16 2009 at 16:17
STEF 'Stip' VANSTIPHOUT - ARTIST BIO

Mute Albino is a one man band; an individual project in which Stef ‘Stip’ Vanstiphout writes, composes, arranges original songs, and plays all instruments except drum and percussion (loops). He strives to be as analog/human sounding as possible. His songs are about life experiences… his philosophy on love, employers, nice people, rebels, events from the past. Hence, the emotional (and sometimes sarcastic) in and output.

All songs are purely Instrumental, progressive, experimental, and alternative. It’s said of Mute Albino music, vocals are unnecessary as the music lends the mind a view of its own.

Because instrumental progressive music is not as deliberate in its intention as music with words, it’s more adventurous to comprehend. The suggestion to use your imagination and let it flow, no matter what the intention or from where the ideas began, is obligatory.

Early influences on Mute Albino’s style are Frank Zappa, 70’s British Progressive Rock ( Jethro Tull, Yes, early Genesis… ), Steve Vai, Arabian music, Irish Folk Music, Avant Garde, Jazz.

FLIES ON ORANGES CD REVIEW

Mute Albino is as essential to my music collection as the great classic artists of Progressive Rock.

When describing the instrumental and compositional style to everyone that has musical taste similar to my own, I recommend that you surrender your senses into this music that I trust you’re going to crave!

Take a trip inside an alternative self encompassed by spacey, hauntingly romantic, imaginative soundscapes in a style similar to Pink Floyd. Brace yourself for the pulsing adrenaline rush of sensual, dirty guitar solos intimately familiar with Carlos Santana, Neil Young, and Steve Vai. Delight in the playful attitude and experimental whimsy beaconing the spirit of Frank Zappa…

Yet make no mistake that Mute Albino delivers a unique style. “Flies On Oranges” is dynamic and keen, the songs seem to tell stories that provoke my mood, thoughts, make my emotional flavors water. Absent of words to lead or influence, this musician is a masterful navigator providing heights and depths which are limited only by the listener.

This is music to wake up to, drive to, live your life and end your hard day to. An essential element.

Once you’ve listened you’ll want to have it

< ="-" ="text/; =utf-8">< name="ProgId" ="Word.">< name="Generator" ="Microsoft Word 11">< name="Originator" ="Microsoft Word 11">

Simmetria Francese: Crisp and clean. Elemental. Organic. Sensual. The imagination is diving into a fresh water stream and emerging awakened.

Paris In Veil: An opera. This is genius.

Elsie's Philosophy: Emotive. Hauntingly sensual. Lovely

ProxyNails: Evolutionary. Inventive. Absolutely love the guitar.

Theraputic Depression: Minor Blues. Fades into folds of full passionate force. Penetrating emotive intensity. Razor guitar slides clean and deep while a gorgeous composition of soulful tones lift the senses within a climax upon climax of notes. This is musical love-making. Listen, with headphones. If you don’t feel it, envision it, and get a taste of it that inspires a hunger for more… have your pulse checked.

Flies On Oranges : Vitality, Sensual. Playfully passionate. Blissfull

The Moles Vision: Vigorous. Adventurous... a magical Big Top Circus

Zetafreuh: Manic. Compulsive. Erratic. Feels and smells like Spring

Omerta!: Captivating mystery. Visuals are an endless plot; a Pink Panther film, or James Bond…

Welcome To My Head: Vitality. Adventure; matters not what’s on the mind, this one takes me on a journey that makes my eyes water with joy... love the guitar riffs!

The Waiting Room: Worldly. Musical time capsule. Stir your past lives, taking sips of déjà vu

{Pink Floyd was my favorite} Listen with Headphones!

Don't Believe Everything You Think
 Post Reply Post Reply