Topic ClosedNosound release A Sense of Loss

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nosound release A Sense of Loss
    Posted: August 20 2009 at 19:59
Hi,

I did a quick look and didn't see anything posted about the new Nosound album that is up for presale. I got my order in right away at http://www.burningshed.com/store/kscope/product/272/1666/

I am a big Nosound fan and have their entire back catalog. I have been waiting for this album for about a year now... And it's finally coming!!! Thumbs Up

Nosound falls into the Art Rock genre more than Prog Rock, but most people consider them Prog. Lots of keyboards and guitars. The new album is supposed to have more live strings as part of the compositions.

Their last album, Lightdark, was very critically acclaimed and won the 2008 Italian Prog Rock Album of the Year award. Check out some of their tunes at http://www.myspace.com/nosoundnet

Doug tMW
Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2009 at 12:35
Great band--I'll have to check this one out too
Radtoy View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2009 at 08:39
There is a new mini-site at http://www.asenseofloss.com that has new content (as of last Friday).

If you join the KScope mailing list you get a new, free 7 minute Nosound song titled "Fading Silently"
Doug tMW
clouds41 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2009 at 09:12
I just got Fading Silently the other day! Great track. Could be one of my favorite releases of the year (and there are many in 2009...)!!
Radtoy View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2009 at 12:57
I was able to (legally) obtain a pre-promotional release of the album about 2 weeks ago. I have to say that the album is really fantastic. If you like Nosound or Art Rock, this is a "must have" album. It has everything in spades; writing, musicianship, producing, mixing. The whole album is musically intertwined and filled with interesting tidbits and concepts.

Lightdark started off with a tune that was to set the tone for the entire album. The first song on A Sense of Loss does the same thing, but in a different way. One nifty thing I noticed was that the album opened with strings in percussion and faded out at the end with strings and percussion. A nice touch. There are a lot of thought and details that went into this album.Smile
Doug tMW
clouds41 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2009 at 20:48
I really love the strings on Fading Silently, and the piano. Such a mellow sound, done just right.
Chris S View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2009 at 22:43
^ Agree, brilliant stuff!
<font color=Brown>Music - The Sound Librarian

...As I venture through the slipstream, between the viaducts in your dreams...[/COLOR]
clouds41 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2009 at 21:21
Quote From Radtoy:

the new album is really fascinating. I was told it was different direction for Nosound, but still has the "Nosound sound". I totally agree with this idea. A Sense of Loss is totally a Nosound album. The big difference is the use of live instruments rather than synthesizers wherever possible. There is still piano and synths on the album, but are classical synths. So where strings were previously played via keyboard, they were recorded live.
There are 6 tracks on the album:
Some Warmth into This Chill 7:54
Fading Silently 8:26 (available for download)*
Tender Claim 8:06
My Apology 5:40
Constant Contrast 5:42
Winter Will Come 15:38

*You can get this track by going to www.asenseofloss.com and sign-up for the free newsletter.

A couple of quick observations:
#1 - Song titles: Cold After All (Clouds), Some Warmth into This Chill, Winter Will Come - A theme?
#2 The album starts with what I would call an unusual but interesting percussion and string intro. The album ends with a different but interesting vocal, percussion, and string fade-out. A nice touch.

The album is mellow with the melancholy sound that is common to all Nosound albums. The Strings musically tie the album together very well (I listen to music more than lyrics). There are a ton of little tidbits that tie songs together and make each one unique. If you like Lightdark, you will definitely like this album.
clouds41 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2009 at 13:45
Check out Constant Contrast at:

New CD, A Sense of Loss coming next week! 
 Post Reply Post Reply