Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFrogg Cafe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2013 at 10:57
^ No problem, and it IS a shame.  A great band for sure.  I suspect that as individuals, they will be putting out more music in the future.  The only thing I know of at the moment is that their violinist is in a blue grass group (which I think is the music he enjoys playing most).  It's just a local thing in upstate New York, no recordings that I know of.  Anyway, I always felt they were a bit under appreciated by prog fans, maybe because they are American, didn't tour much (only one tour of Europe) and have few albums relative to their years of being together as a group.
Siloportem View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2013 at 09:23
I love bateless edge. But my colleagues do not! This morning I was playing it in the office and they all went mad at pasta fazeuhl. Unfortunately they outnumbered me and the boss was there too. So it was back to the radio.
Thanks !! Your topics always so good and informative. I like you talk.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2013 at 03:05
Originally posted by infandous infandous wrote:

^ No problem, and it IS a shame.  A great band for sure.  I suspect that as individuals, they will be putting out more music in the future.  The only thing I know of at the moment is that their violinist is in a blue grass group (which I think is the music he enjoys playing most).  It's just a local thing in upstate New York, no recordings that I know of.  Anyway, I always felt they were a bit under appreciated by prog fans, maybe because they are American, didn't tour much (only one tour of Europe) and have few albums relative to their years of being together as a group.

If you hear of anything please let this thread know! It would be great to hear from them in the future (in some form or another) either together or seperate.

Except bluegrass. Tongue
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
b_olariu View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2013 at 05:17
Agree , great band, Creatures is to me their best album, somehow their next 2 albums Fortunate observer and Bateless even are more then ok in musical terms  are little uninspired. Nevertheless an underated band IMO.
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2013 at 08:01
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

Originally posted by infandous infandous wrote:

If you hear of anything please let this thread know! It would be great to hear from them in the future (in some form or another) either together or seperate.

Except bluegrass. Tongue

Will do!  Thumbs Up  Don't worry, I only mentioned the bluegrass because that was the only thing I knew for sure one of the band was doing Big smile   I'll only update with prog or prog related stuff here Smile
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2013 at 18:37
Haha...the bluegrass thing was more of a joke. (Though I'm by no means well versed in the area I do like Bela Fleck )

But great, thanks!
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2013 at 09:23
Sorry to hear of this band's demise. They're definitely "progressive" in my book and a lot better than Umphrey's for my time. At least there's an unofficial statement about the guys calling it a day. There are some other cool bands that have dropped off the face of the Earth with nary a whisper (Darediablo, anyone...?).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12